Freshman Team

Re: WK 10 Coal Grove vs. Fairland OVC Championship

Post by thesmokinglens »

'scuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little... :cry:

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Coal Grove`s running game will wear down the Dragon`s !
The Grove 35 ( home of 3000 good people! :mrgreen: )
Dragons 13

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

grove pounds em!! see ya all next year :shock:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

thesmokinglens wrote:'scuse me while I throw up in my mouth a little... :cry:

You set yourself up for that, DOG! :mrgreen:

earp wrote:Oh lord!I am getting a bad mental picture of an ex Coal Grove football player in spandex now! :122246

Don't worry, I'll be in a THRONG - in very warm attire. I can't stress the importance of that "R" enough! :lol:

This thread's getting out of hand fast! I'll try to save it with some football-esque analysis:

Coal Grove's defense has performed well the past two weeks against teams who like to throw the ball around. There might as well have been a "Sorry...we're Closed" sign at the line of scrimmage for Rock Hill and River Valley running backs between the tackles. I definitely look for Fairland to get theirs on offense, but I'm also thinking Coal Grove will do better against the pass than they have.... that might not being saying much at all, though :122249

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

I thought they already named Meigs as the OVC Champion?

They beat Coal Grove, Fairland and River Valley to start the year...

:roll:

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Just from what I've seen up close is Fairland has way too much speed and will run and throw at will. They completely dominated us with slants and counters and Coal Grove just plows ahead whether you put 8 or 9 in the box you know what is coming. Get a couple of stops and score quick and its over with. We held Grove to 6 three and outs and Fairland never punted. Just my thoughts. 35-21 Dragons. And I don't like green.

cgfblvr
Waterboy

Post by cgfblvr »

The past two games between these teams have been really close, I don't think this years game will be any different.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H wrote:I thought they already named Meigs as the OVC Champion?

They beat Coal Grove, Fairland and River Valley to start the year...

:roll:

No that was Portsmouth West! LOL

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

cgfblvr wrote:The past two games between these teams have been really close, I don't think this years game will be any different.

Last year's game wasn't close. :122249

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Pretty sure last years game wasnt close. If I am thinking of the right game I believe that Fairland went to Coal Grove last year and beat them by 19. The few years before that the games were won by 2 or 3 every time. I think this will be close because its for a share of the title for the dragons and outright for the grove. Everyone can talk about Coal Grove having the dominate run game and fairlands inability to stop the run but all of that doesnt matter now. I believe Fairland has a better backfield than Coal Grove by far. Blaine Cornwell will run all over that defense and hatfield will have a career day through the air. Good luck to the Grove defense on trying to stop the dragons explosive offense on their senior night. Oh and by the way with Tyler Thackston on that d-line those grove running backs stats will be hurtin after this one.

Special note to all the seniors,

I love each and everyone of you to death and it was a pleasure playin with you all over the years. Play your hearts out and leave everything on the field friday night and for some of you it will probably be your last game ever. Live it up guys and have fun. Go out on top as OVC Champs. In my book there is no share of his title. If you beat the Grove and SP loses then you will be the champs in my book. Goodluck to you all after graduation. Live life to the fullest.

Peace, #25 Kersey

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'm not going to say Fairland can't stop the run. Before last year's Fairland/Coal Grove game, I said I would keep picking Coal Grove to win until Fairland proved they could win. Last year, they filled up the box and stopped the run and won big.

Kersey, I believe you had a pretty good game that night, didn't you?

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Good Luck Coal Grove!

braceyourself
Waterboy

Post by braceyourself »

let me just tell you this.

coal grove's got it.

We'll be the new OVC Champs for 2008. :]
Last edited by braceyourself on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheKicker
Waterboy

Re: WK 10 Coal Grove vs. Fairland

Post by TheKicker »

greenandwhiteboy wrote:
buckeyes41 wrote:this going to be one heck of a football game but in the end Coal Grove's ground attack will be to much for the Dragons. everyone that has had any kind of ground attack has done well against the Dragons this year. this game will be no different. they will ware them out by the fourth. hate to say it but Coal Grove by 1 or 2 tds.

chessy was supposed to have a ground attack and look wat we did to them. we are so hyped for this game i expect i a heck of a game but a close one.

Fairland wins 28-26

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!

I think that coal grove will slaughter the dragons 36-15

TheKicker
Waterboy

Post by TheKicker »

peake450 wrote:Just from what I've seen up close is Fairland has way too much speed and will run and throw at will. They completely dominated us with slants and counters and Coal Grove just plows ahead whether you put 8 or 9 in the box you know what is coming. Get a couple of stops and score quick and its over with. We held Grove to 6 three and outs and Fairland never punted. Just my thoughts. 35-21 Dragons. And I don't like green.

Well just to tell you that fairlands coach will screw it up for them. He never know wha to call and when to call it. The hornets can stop cornwell all he does is run up the middle.
36-15 Coal Grove

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

telling by ur name im guessin ur a kicker or used to be one so i already can tell u dont kno football. Cornwell can also run to the outside he doesnt juss run up the middle and juss cause he runs up the middle doesnt mean u can tackle him. this year will be a repeat beating of last year Dragons 36-14 and they get a share of the title.

Go Dragons!!!!

Tcat wahoo
Waterboy

Post by Tcat wahoo »

Fairland has only won 3 games this year and they are playing for a league championship?? Is that right? :122246

earp
S

Post by earp »

Yep thats right TCat!Pretty amazing isnt it!I am still kinda stunned by it all! :lol:Here are the league standings:

OVC
Coal Grove 6-3, 4-0
South Point 5-4, 3-1
Fairland 3-5, 3-1
Chesapeake 4-5, 2-2
River Valley 2-7, 0-4
Rock Hill 0-9, 0-4

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

highlightreel25 wrote: Go out on top as OVC Champs. In my book there is no share of his title. If you beat the Grove and SP loses then you will be the champs in my book. Goodluck to you all after graduation. Live life to the fullest.

Peace, #25 Kersey

You'll either be sharing with the Grove and the Point or will be in third place, the choice is up to the Dragons because I don't see the Pointers losing to the Peake.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Coal Grove big.

Its not a matter of if, but by how many.

I see Coal Grove, who is not looking very good for a playoff birth, treating this like it is....their final game of the year.

They had a rough start but have finished strong and I like the Grove in this one:

Coal Grove 42
Fairland 14

Return to “Football”