WK 10 Coal Grove vs. Fairland OVC Championship

Who wins the OVC?

Total votes: 0

WOODY
Waterboy

Re: WK 10 Coal Grove vs. Fairland OVC Championship

Post by WOODY »

WELL EVERYBODY CAN JUST TALK ALL THEY WANT BECAUSE THE GROVE IS GOING TO FAIRLAND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS AND WIN THE OVC /YOU BETTER LOOK OUT FOR THE BACKS OF COAL GROVE THEY WILL RUN ALL OVER FAIRLAND COME FRIDAY NIGHT THE DEFENCE WILL STOP YOURE BIG GUY YOU NEED TO WATCH OUT FOR THE DICKESS KID AND BOYD THEY WILL ATTACK VERY QUICK/

THE GROVE 41
FAIRLAND 17

GO BIG GROVE /FROM PAP PAW

on high top
Waterboy

Post by on high top »

sportsnut mom wrote:Hey High on top- Track speed and football speed are two different types of speeds. I also watched that race and I believe Bloomfield beat Oakie easily the 1st 40 and went on to compete in later races. Ward and Duty both have just as much football speed as Oakie. Go Dragons!!!
since there is a difference i would say that coal grove total team speed especially on defense. our backs will run over you then we have backs that will out run you. this is a different coal grove team because of the speed. i think this will come down to coaching.

Sportsfan34
Waterboy

Post by Sportsfan34 »

highlightreel25 wrote:Im not calling coal grove stupid or anything like that. im just sayin that they are not bein smart by callin fairland punks. The lesson that the dragons are gonna teach the grove is to stop callin them punks. I was not meaning that they are literally stupid. My bad if people took it that way.

Sorry for being a little too aggressive. I just took your post the wrong way, but I appreciate that you took the time to clear things up. That was very nice thing for you to do. All things aside, being an alumni of Coal Grove Local Schools, I have to be loyal to my hornets. CG wins by a safety.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey if you come in the Green Hornet outfit Fuzz maybe we will throw you a burger! :lol:

TheKicker
Waterboy

Post by TheKicker »

fuzzhead wrote:
highlightreel25 wrote:
I appreciate that fuzz but idk bout the best in OVC. Peirson had over 1000 i just had bout 700.

That's probably because Pierson got the ball more than you did because Fairland's offense utilized more players. Nonetheless, I'll take your word for it.

TheKicker wrote:let me tell u some thing cornwell is just a pud the grove's d-line will stop him ever time he run's the ball. :122249

R,B#39 wrote:
let me tell u some thing cornwell is just a pud the grove's d-line will stop him ever time he run's the ball. :122249

they couldnt stop him at previews and they wont be able to stop him this friday and plus once u start worrying about him u have bloomfield and hatfield to watch out for so i wish coal grove luck cause they are gonna need it

the grove's d-line is made up with speed and strenth so cornwell has no chanc[/quote]

Ok PLAYERS! Lets get off SEOPS and onto the practice field. Hey #39: What would Coach Lucas say if he read this crap and saw you were giving the Dragons bulletin board material? Don't write checks that you and your team may or may not be able to cash. It's selfish and pointless. I'll be expecting a big game from you now. You're a good player - don't take away from your exploits on the field by doing stuff like this off of it. You have to walk the walk before you can talk the talk. Remember how bad it felt last year when you guys got humiliated at the Pat by those guys? Return the favor Friday, but don't be classless about it![/quote]
i am not on the team you retard.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I agree with the Kicker!Lets take it out on the other team friday night! ;-)

TheKicker
Waterboy

Post by TheKicker »

Thanks earp. And the grove will win this outright. There will be no sharing this OVC title. :!: :12223

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Actually I see this being decided by a field goal. I am hoping that the Dragons kicker is up to the challenge!

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

Anything is possible when the rain starts coming down. Good luck Fairland! We know you guys will give it all you've got.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Nate is a great kicker!! This will be a great contest-I would not turn Fuzz away if he wants to tailgate with the Dragons.

PIGSKIN JUNKIE
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN JUNKIE »

This should be a good game...Ill go with CG to win the title outright. Good luck and be safe to all the boys

TheKicker
Waterboy

Post by TheKicker »

I think Coal Grove kicker scotty erwin will make a winning feild goal for the hornets.

groveyard08
Riding the Bench

Post by groveyard08 »

i think that as soon as the dragons attempt the game winning feild goal aaron the animal dickess will come grab the ball ab 10 ft in the air like he always does when others attempt feild goals :twisted: ....boom!!!!

TheKicker
Waterboy

Post by TheKicker »

oh yeah thats true too groveyard. GO GROVE!!! :twisted:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

TheKicker wrote:i am not on the team you retard.

Retard? Hmm... lets see... who's the retard here? The poster who gets on here, calls people names, and makes comments that require absolutely no intelligence?
It just makes you look even more "retarded" if you stir the pot up and can't even back up the trash you're talking - which you can't because you won't even be playing. :122249

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

The speed issue isn't even close, Fairland has more speed then I have seen in 8 or nine years in the OVC. And they use it with quick hitters, reverses, inside counters and QB draws. Coal Grove may be a little faster than normal but as long as the two backs get it up the middle 40 times and you don't utilize your speed what does it make any difference. If it does rain your chances will get better Grove, but on a dry track it could get ugly.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Yeah, Fairland has a pretty good offense. But they're also giving up over 27 points/game in OVC play (Coal Grove's giving up about 13 pts/gm against the same opponents. Also, they've only allowed 20+ points 3 times this year.). Fairland also has something like 6 turnovers off of fumbles/INTs, while Coal Grove has 2. The thing Coal Grove has to be concerned about is penalties.
Both teams will put up big numbers on offense - that's a given. Mistakes and missed opportunities will be the determining factor.

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

I cant wait to see this game!!!!!! This one is shaping up to be one of the greats. 2 high powered offenses going head to head is always a good game and it seems the intensity is picked up during games like these so I see the dragons stepping up on D just like last season against the grove. Dragons D last year is much like this years giving up the same amount of points a game but ultimately stopping the run against the grove. Goodluck to both teams and an injury free OVC title game.

Kersey25

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Good luck Dragons!!!

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

I think the one thing that no one has even mentioned on here is the special teams. I'm just trying to figure out who CG is going to kick it to. All three deep men for the Dragons can take it to the house at any given moment and if they decide not to kick it deep well.... thanks for the feild position! plus I don't even have to mention punt returns for the Dragons, CG will have the same promblem.

Return to “Football”