S

Re: WK 10 Coal Grove vs. Fairland OVC Championship

Post by earp »

No! He had 8 posts before that one! :mrgreen:

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

UpTownHOyas wrote:The reason Fairland has given up so many of the points most of the time is because they give up in the second half. I think they are beginning to come together as a team and play as a whole, not as eleven different players who just happen to be together on the field. I dont see the dragons giving up more than two touchdowns tonight.

animal wrote:As far as Rock Hill, River Valley, and the 'peke the only reason that there averaging 20-27 points is bc they put in the younger players. now as for meigs cramps and injuries were an issue but that is no excuse for given up that many points. But portsmouth west has said that the dragons were the hardest team they played and they only gave up 21 points over the course of the game, And dont even get me started on the S.p. game. but i can sit here and make excuses for the dragons all day but when it comes down to it they are the better team without a record to show it and they are gna get there just reward tonite on the gridiron.have fun tail-gating fuzz Go Big Green

I realize that Fairland gave up most of those points with their reserves in. But you have to remember that against Rock Hill, CG had their reserves in for pretty much the whole 2nd half and didn't give up the second TD until there was less than a minute to go in the game.
Against River Valley, CG's reserves didn't give up any points and they played the whole second half. 10 different people touched the ball, I believe. At the same time, CG put up about a TD less than Fairland did against those opponents.
It just seems like Coal Grove has a lot more depth than Fairland does and that will be a key if the Hornets have success up the middle and keep pounding away at the Dragon defense.
And Coal Grove WILL score more than 2 TDs... as will Fairland. Take it to the bank. This isn't last year's Hornet team and the Coaching staff has proven that while they would really just like to pound the ball at you the whole game, they aren't afraid to get creative when they need to. Speed is a threat this year, as is the pass if you aren't ready for it.
Is there anyone up in Dragon land praying that it doesn't rain?

ROADKING
Waterboy

Post by ROADKING »

IT SAYS ALOT ABOUT COAL GROVE WHEN FAIRLAND, SOUTH POINT AND ROCK HILL GET ALL FIRED UP TO PLAY A SCHOOL THAT IS A SMALLER DIVISION THAN THEM. THOSE THREE SCHOOLS SHOULD BEAT COAL GROVE EVERY YEAR BEING A BIGGER DIVISION, BUT OVER THE YEARS COAL GROVE DOMINATES THEM.

animal
Waterboy

Post by animal »

fuzzhead wrote:
UpTownHOyas wrote:The reason Fairland has given up so many of the points most of the time is because they give up in the second half. I think they are beginning to come together as a team and play as a whole, not as eleven different players who just happen to be together on the field. I dont see the dragons giving up more than two touchdowns tonight.

animal wrote:As far as Rock Hill, River Valley, and the 'peke the only reason that there averaging 20-27 points is bc they put in the younger players. now as for meigs cramps and injuries were an issue but that is no excuse for given up that many points. But portsmouth west has said that the dragons were the hardest team they played and they only gave up 21 points over the course of the game, And dont even get me started on the S.p. game. but i can sit here and make excuses for the dragons all day but when it comes down to it they are the better team without a record to show it and they are gna get there just reward tonite on the gridiron.have fun tail-gating fuzz Go Big Green

I realize that Fairland gave up most of those points with their reserves in. But you have to remember that against Rock Hill, CG had their reserves in for pretty much the whole 2nd half and didn't give up the second TD until there was less than a minute to go in the game.
Against River Valley, CG's reserves didn't give up any points and they played the whole second half. 10 different people touched the ball, I believe. At the same time, CG put up about a TD less than Fairland did against those opponents.
It just seems like Coal Grove has a lot more depth than Fairland does and that will be a key if the Hornets have success up the middle and keep pounding away at the Dragon defense.
And Coal Grove WILL score more than 2 TDs... as will Fairland. Take it to the bank. This isn't last year's Hornet team and the Coaching staff has proven that while they would really just like to pound the ball at you the whole game, they aren't afraid to get creative when they need to. Speed is a threat this year, as is the pass if you aren't ready for it.
Is there anyone up in Dragon land praying that it doesn't rain?

I pray it poors 8)

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Ah! You are bold my friend.........

But are you daring? :idea: :lol: :mrgreen:

earp
S

Post by earp »

ROADKING,There is really not much of a difference in the enrollment numbers of the schools!True Coal Grove and Chesapeake are D-5 but there just isnt that much difference

Fairland-205 boys
Coal Grove-166 boys
South Point-216 boys
Rock Hill-222 boys
Chesapeake-162 boys
River Valley-191 boys

JUSTANOTHERBUCKEYE
Waterboy

Post by JUSTANOTHERBUCKEYE »

AROUND 5 HOURS TILL KICKOFF. (FROM THE TIME OF THIS POST.)

COAL GROVE HAS PLAYED "MOSTLY" ON TURF. FAIRLAND IS NATURAL SURFACE. THIS GONNA MAKE A DIFFERENCE? AND THE RAIN??

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

earp wrote:ROADKING,There is really not much of a difference in the enrollment numbers of the schools!True Coal Grove and Chesapeake are D-5 but there just isnt that much difference

Fairland-205 boys
Coal Grove-166 boys
South Point-216 boys
Rock Hill-222 boys
Chesapeake-162 boys
River Valley-191 boys

Fairland has nearly 25% more boys than Coal Grove.

You dont think that is not that many more??

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Just heard Tailgate moved up to 5:45 tonight-----Let's go Green!!!

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

Once again...Seniors its your last time stepping onto that field as a Fairland Dragon. Its a very emotional night and also very heartbreaking. Make this the best game of your life and actually play like its your last because for most of you it is. Its probably one of the sadest days of your life and you will feel it even more when game time rolls around. Play like you have done all season and seasons past and you will come out victorious. Goodluck and ill be there to root you on.

Kersey25

GO DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GDawghornetfan
Riding the Bench

Post by GDawghornetfan »

Does any one know if I can listen to the game on the net?

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

if cg loses will that be a 3 way tie???

Devilhorse
Freshman Team

Post by Devilhorse »

If South Point wins

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Bleeding Red wrote:
earp wrote:ROADKING,There is really not much of a difference in the enrollment numbers of the schools!True Coal Grove and Chesapeake are D-5 but there just isnt that much difference

Fairland-205 boys
Coal Grove-166 boys
South Point-216 boys
Rock Hill-222 boys
Chesapeake-162 boys
River Valley-191 boys

Fairland has nearly 25% more boys than Coal Grove.

You dont think that is not that many more??

That is a pretty significant difference inmo. :122248

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

Last I heard this game was a huge blowout...last i heard it was 35-6 fairland with about 4 min left...South Point also won 50-14 so this is a 3 way tie for the OVC now

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN U SAY CG GOT THE CRAP BEAT OUT OF THEM????? I'VE NOT EVER SEEN KIDS FROM CG FALLEN TO GET OUT OF THE WAY OF A RUNNINGBACK! SCARED TO DEATH #9?? THIS WAS AN EMBARASSMENT FOR CG! CONGRADULATIONS TO THE FAIRLAND DRAGONS, GREAT GAME!

catch22
Riding the Bench

Post by catch22 »

what happened to the CG is so strong up front and our backs r so much better?????

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

35% of the Poll was right about this game. A big Thank You to the Fairland Dragons for helping South Point ge the "Three Peat"!

Return to “Football”