WK 10 Coal Grove vs. Fairland OVC Championship

Who wins the OVC?

Total votes: 0

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Re: WK 10 Coal Grove vs. Fairland OVC Championship

Post by highlightreel25 »

I agree bucking red. and cg10 who are you to come on here and say when we have no class. Number 35 and 39 were pushing and punching the whole night. 39 and 35 are just punks and were the same way last year because i remember. i dont care what people say bout me or say that i have no class for posting this. i dont play there anymore so dont reflect this on the team. i mean who gets kicked out and then turns on the other team and says they have no class.

kersey25

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

I think your mentality has to be "If they are going to push and shove all night, so be it. They will be the ones to get kicked out first." Not, "They are pushing me dad, they are bad people." This is football, not ice curling. I believe pushing and shoving is allowed.

By the way, noone is going to believe that the last kick was not an onside kick. Nobody misses the ball that badly and then expects people to think they meant to boot it down the field. Also, you don't hear big programs have inmature announcers that say degrating things. I don't believe I heard anything like that at any Ohio State game I have ever been at. Don't get me wrong, Fairland probably deserved the win the other night, but it sounds like they have some growing up to do...

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

Post by greenandwhiteboy »

SportsMom wrote:NONE OF CG PLAYERS GOT OUT OF THE WAY FOR FAIRLANDS RB!!!! AS FOR # 9---HE TOOK ON THE BIG RB AND STOPPED HIM !!!!! SO HE HAS NOTHING TO BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT!!!! MAKE SURE OF THE FACTS BEFORE YOU PUT NUMBERS ON HERE !!!!!!!!!
CG GOT A PIECE OF THE OVC---SO HOLD YOUR HEADS UP BOYS!!!!!!

in fact the the #9 did whiff huge and then later in the game hit got ran over but i fell and i love how all the cg people whine and cry after they get beat haha and how i was supposed to be a pud haha thats real funny cause i had 3 tds and over a 100 yds and thanks for calling me that cause it fueled the fire to run u all in the ground haha
Last edited by greenandwhiteboy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

buckeyeshots wrote:I think your mentality has to be "If they are going to push and shove all night, so be it. They will be the ones to get kicked out first." Not, "They are pushing me dad, they are bad people." This is football, not ice curling. I believe pushing and shoving is allowed.

By the way, noone is going to believe that the last kick was not an onside kick. Nobody misses the ball that badly and then expects people to think they meant to boot it down the field. Also, you don't hear big programs have inmature announcers that say degrating things. I don't believe I heard anything like that at any Ohio State game I have ever been at. Don't get me wrong, Fairland probably deserved the win the other night, but it sounds like they have some growing up to do...

it wasnt an onside kick cause i sat there and listened to my coach say it and to say we have no class i watched the tape from fri night and while i was on the ground #39 was punching me from behind then on a pat i chopped blocked #35 and he stood up and kicked me in the ribs and u talk about fairland having no class u need to talk about coal grove having absolutely none and plus there was even players not shaking our hands yean that was real classy haha

earp
S

Post by earp »

Look if you want to confirm whether or not it was an onside kick why dont you call Coach Lucas up at the school!I was standing right by the man friday night when that happened "I was part of the chain gang"And he didnt complain at all!I mean come on the kid had never kicked off in a game in his life,HE WHIFFED! :lol:I have known Roger Snyder all of my adult life,That is just not his style to onside kick up 41-6 with 2 minutes left!I think anyone from Coal Grove that knows football will tell you the same thing! ;-)

thesmokinglens
Freshman Team

Post by thesmokinglens »

Just being the devil's advocate here: I'm from Coal Grove (duh)... I was over on the Fairland sideline when the 'questionable' kickoff occurred. Now, I could be wrong... BUT, to me (coming from someone who has whiffed on a fair share of kicks just messing around) that looked COMPLETELY like an accident... he barely made contact with the ball... I think it hit of his right inside heel and just managed to get a goofy spin. By the surprise on the recovery... it just looked like they were in as much surprise to recover it as they were that the kick worked out so 'perfectly'... I don't think they tried to kick an onside kick. Saying that would be saying that they felt Coal Grove had the potential to come back that late in the game by so many down. I don't think anybody felt like that was going to happen at that point.

P.S. It would be so hard to get that kick to do the same thing again, even if he tried... don't think I've ever seen a pro onside kick use that kinda' spin on a muddy field. That would be hard enough to perfect on turf.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

fuzzhead wrote:Fairland had nothing to do with that post. Coal Grove's first season of football was in 1928.

Coal Grove leads the all-time series with Fairland, 38-20-0. The first game in the series was in 1949.

my bad, I thought I read the 80th year of CG v. Fairland, my mistake.

I must say, it's pretty impressive that Coal Grove (and any school that has/will reach this milestone) can say they have fielded a football team for nearly a century. I see many schools Coal Grove's size that don't field a football team for whatever reason, so just that fact that CG Football has been around this long is pretty awesome.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

bucking red wrote:Hey fuzz I noticed CG ran 90% of their plays to their sideline or up the middle is that typical? I also would like to know if you think we are better than SP? Just curious and would like a unbiased opinion.

Coal Grove runs a good deal of their plays up the middle or around the end. I thought everyone knew that? :lol: LET ME JUST CLARIFY BEFORE I GO ANY FURTHER THAT I WASN'T CALLING THE COACHING STAFF INTO QUESTION WITH MY LAST STATEMENT. This is the first time this year that it has just flat-out failed.
As far as the "better than South Point" thing: I wouldn't say that. I would definitely say that Coal Grove matches up a lot better defensively with South Point than they do with Fairland. Even when Fairland has only won 2 or 3 games in a year, they've still given Coal Grove fits (refer to 04, 05, and 06). It's all about the offense Fairland runs.
Fairland has loaded up the box for two years straight and has been able to be CG up front.
I think the OVC was pretty even this year.

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Post by shaynew »

I have decided to vote against a new football stadium for Fairland High School.I will be willing to vote for a tax levy to increase teachers pay so we can hire some better teachers.From the looks of greenandwhiteboys posts were doing a terrible job of teaching them to spell and write. As a Fairland Alum your posts are an embarrassment.
Last edited by shaynew on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

shaynew wrote:I have decided to vote against a new football stadium for Fairland High School.I will be willing to vote for a tax levy to increase teachers pay so we can hire some better teachers.From the looks of greenandwhiteboys posts were doing a terrible job of teaching them to spell and right. As a Fairland Alum your posts are an embarrassment.

hey this is a sports topic why are you bringin that on here? Your not obviously not too smart cause you deffinately spelled write wrong haha good job. Your an embarassment :mrgreen: so next time just keep your mouth shut and plus we dont need new teachers there is really good teachers at school i think you might be talkin about when you used to go to school so they could help you out with spelling haha

earp
S

Post by earp »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sorry but that right there is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bgmonster
Waterboy

Post by bgmonster »

In fact, if you look at the times that green and white posts, you can see just how he spends his school day.

greenandwhiteboy
Riding the Bench

bgmonster wrote:In fact, if you look at the times that green and white posts, you can see just how he spends his school day.

i can multi task haha

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

I just want to reply to Earp on "the good ol boys knows football" comment, do u realize that the 3 of the teams they beat only had a 6-24 record? so come on, everytime they played someone pretty good they choked!! so don't give me that crap about them knowing football!!

collegesports
Waterboy

Post by collegesports »

better late then never.now that the season is over for fairland,i would like to commend the players and coaches.overall,the season was bittersweet.losing games early in the season that should have never happened.it was very frustrating watching from the stands and kids coming out with cramps that,quite frankly ,could have been played through.in turn,big leads were squandered.anyway,coming out of the gates at 0-4,these kids could have folded the tents and just gone through the motions.obviously they did not.going 4-1 the rest of the season with the loss going to an excellent sp team in a game that could have gone either way.the kids learned a lesson about dealing with adversity and rising above it and finished on a high note.congtats kids.you will be missed.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

all i got to say is 41-6
after all that talk from the cg ppl.
i gotta do it just one more time..

41-6

lol

tony181stewart
Riding the Bench

Post by tony181stewart »

jl724 wrote:all i got to say is 41-6

41-6

lol

Oh thats real classy jl724

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

41-6

lol

Being an unbiased source... this game was over A LONG time ago. If that score and game was important enough for you to make that post, I'm sure the people of this website will be hearing of the 2008 football season for a while. It actually seems that they will never let anyone forget it.

It may not be the best idea force the Grovers to think about that loss too close to the 2009 football season. The Grove has Fairland in a home game this season and typically the Hornets are not the team that you want to upset. They thrive on the idea that you took away an outright OVC title and will probably not be happy about it next year.

tony181stewart
Riding the Bench

Post by tony181stewart »

buckeyeshots wrote:

41-6

lol

Being an unbiased source... this game was over A LONG time ago. If that score and game was important enough for you to make that post, I'm sure the people of this website will be hearing of the 2008 football season for a while. It actually seems that they will never let anyone forget it.

It may not be the best idea force the Grovers to think about that loss too close to the 2009 football season. The Grove has Fairland in a home game this season and typically the Hornets are not the team that you want to upset. They thrive on the idea that you took away an outright OVC title and will probably not be happy about it next year.

Great post Buckeyeshots

Return to “Football”