Game of Week #3 West vs. #2 Wheelersburg SOC Championship

Who wins the SOC 2

Total votes: 0

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Game of Week #3 West vs. #2 Wheelersburg SOC Championship

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I still love how people are picking these huge blowouts, with a majority of them coming from the West people.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the Burg won this contest the last two years by scores of 21-0 and last year, 34-7? Isn't the majority of the players for West back and almost all of the Burg's defensive players are back, so what gives. Granted, I believe that West has vastly improved, but to the tune of 27 points.

Granted, I won't make a prediction on the score because I still believe that it will be a very close game with the winner being whoever can keep the turnovers down, whoever can take advantage of turnovers and whoever can keep the penalties down. In listening to some of the West games over the past few weeks, that seems to be their achilles heel and like someone said, that could be a huge factor in the game.

Good luck Pirates. March on to SOC championship number 28.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

jumpstart
Riding the Bench

Post by jumpstart »

Every week i read on here how crazy itis to predict West will win with a blowout score (example minford, valley). The fact of the matter is West has proven they can and will. West by 3 TDs IMO

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

Based on talent and potential, West should win by 2 to 3 TDs. Can theyb keep their poise. Is their somthing to the Burg winning mystique. Those questions will be answered this week. My prediction is that West wins real big.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Both teams thumped my Trojans but I thought West was the most impressive of the two.......I'm going with the Senators to get the W, but the Burg could very well come out on top..........

When was the last time BOTH teams came into this game undefeated?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

footballfan49 wrote:Based on talent and potential, West should win by 2 to 3 TDs. Can theyb keep their poise. Is their somthing to the Burg winning mystique. Those questions will be answered this week. My prediction is that West wins real big.

You make it sound as if Burg has no talent and no potential. HMMMMMM!!!! I don't think they got to 9-0 on just luck. This will be the best team either has played all year. Was Minford better then the Burg, I don't think so. Burg controlled the LOS and if it wasn't for two big penalties on two drives, the score would have been worse. The turnovers by Minford weren't just plays where Minford just dropped the ball, they were caused by the Pirates. The fumble deep in Burg territory was a great play by Tyler Craigmiles of knocking the ball out from behind and the one int. by Oesch was caused by him being pressured.

Let's see, this will be week 10 where Burg people have heard that there defensive line is to small and that the opponents offensive line will blow them off the line. Hasn't happened yet.

I know Waverly is down this year, but still Burg looked good at running and throwing the ball last night in that game.

I still just don't see a blowout by either team in this one and the majority of the post I'm seeing on here is predicting a blowout with West winning. Can you say deja` vu? Lot of Ironton posters and Minford posters said the same thing, while the majority of Burg posters predicted a close game and lo and behold, look what happened.

Good Luck Pirates. Beat the Senators

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

West will pull off the W.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

instead of predictions--- lets talk stradegy

Offense First
-both teams are pretty talented and good team speed
-both like to run the ball
-both have good solild (multiple) running backs
-both qb's are very good runners and ---average with the pass???
-receivers???-- not enough passing to be influenced one way or another

-Blocking-- who has the better initial blocking by the lineman. also how well do the running backs bock for each other???

i believe both coaches have a lot of old school coaching styles. this will be like a throwback game. (70's/80's--- ED vs. DICK)

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

eddie wrote:instead of predictions--- lets talk stradegy

Offense First
-both teams are pretty talented and good team speed
-both like to run the ball
-both have good solild (multiple) running backs
-both qb's are very good runners and ---average with the pass???
-receivers???-- not enough passing to be influenced one way or another

-Blocking-- who has the better initial blocking by the lineman. also how well do the running backs bock for each other???

i believe both coaches have a lot of old school coaching styles. this will be like a throwback game. (70's/80's--- ED vs. DICK)

i agree 100%. to quote good ole jr. "this game will be a down right slobber knocker". no score prediction from the dogg but IMHO the winner will be whoever has the least amount of turnovers. but i can guarentee this. the winner will be someone wearin orange and black

cal preps:

west 21
burg 17

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

WEST 48 BURG 3

The_Intimidator
Riding the Bench

Post by The_Intimidator »

Wheelersburg on top in this one by about 18

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

YES, VERY GOOD CLASS, YOU GUYS ARE SO SMART!!!!!

NOW IF YOU COULD ONLY LEARN HOW TO NOT

CHOKE ON BIG GAMES.....

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I keep reading on these sites about West's History and Burg's History. Yeah, if you look at history, Burg has the upper hand. You know what it means Friday, not a darn thing. These West seniors are not a bit scared of Wheelersburg or the least bit underconfident. They beat Burg why they were younger. We have a much better coaching staff than we had in the past and that is why we are 9-0. The days of Burg owning the SOC are over. As long as this staff is here and with the young talent we have, the Gold Football goes through the West Side, and its starts Friday.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

Great post siderman! I get so sick of these ppl bashing these kids. I guess until Coach T proves he can win and win with class, these ppl will never stop.
Good Luck West!!!
I know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

Good luck to West and coach T.I am going to pick West to win this one----28-21.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

WHAT'S THE WORD?

BEAT THE BURG!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

siderman wrote:I keep reading on these sites about West's History and Burg's History. Yeah, if you look at history, Burg has the upper hand. You know what it means Friday, not a darn thing. These West seniors are not a bit scared of Wheelersburg or the least bit underconfident. They beat Burg why they were younger. We have a much better coaching staff than we had in the past and that is why we are 9-0. The days of Burg owning the SOC are over. As long as this staff is here and with the young talent we have, the Gold Football goes through the West Side, and its starts Friday.

I always love that one and you know what, that doesn't mean a dam thing. They might have beaten the Burg as 7th and 8th graders, but hasn't the majority of this group of West players been playing since they were Freshmen, in which they lost to the Burg. Played alot as Sophomores and they lost to the Burg and played the majority as Juniors and lost badly to the Burg.

Just was over on the huddle and it is amazing how many west fans are predicting a blowout and not giving the Burg any chance at all, while the majority of Burg people are predicting a Burg victory, but saying it will be a close game. This will be by far the best team either one has played this year.

They are so similar to each other that I wouldn't be surprised to see this being a low scoring game with a possibility of someone winning in overtime.

Good luck Pirates. Bring home SOC championship number 28.

converterfan
Freshman Team

Post by converterfan »

Burg 17
West 10

the burg WILL cause many turnovers.............

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Burg played SPoint, Rock Hill, Ironton, Portsmouth and who else in non-league? Have watched both teams play and I take West to win.

westside_rebel
Riding the Bench

Post by westside_rebel »

Wheelersburg 2008
8/22 H Ironton (6-3) [4:15] W 23-22
8/29 A South Point (5-4) [4:15] W 28-20
9/5 H Portsmouth (1-8) [4:15] W 28-6
9/12 A Greenup County (KY) (1-6) [2:0] W 35-7
9/19 H Rock Hill (0-9) [4:15] W 52-7

9/26 A Valley (5-4) [5:19] W 34-3
10/3 H Minford (7-2) [5:19] W 14-7