Game of Week #3 West vs. #2 Wheelersburg SOC Championship

Who wins the SOC 2

Total votes: 0

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Game of Week #3 West vs. #2 Wheelersburg SOC Championship

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

It just kills me when I see posts like this. People hate the Burg because of the success of the sports teams and the school, both of which have excelled way beyond the other Scioto county schools for years. It's not that people from the Burg are cocky or arrogant, it's that we are confident and proud of our school system, our sports teams, and most importantly our kids and that is why we hold our heads high and are considered arrogant by others. It's hard not to be confident and proud when you've had the success over the years that our school has had, in sports and academics. If you don't like the way things are then try to achieve the greatness that Wheelersburg has had over the past 35+ years and then people from the area will be envious of your school system and not ours.

RiverRat
Waterboy

Post by RiverRat »

If you think the burg team will wear down before the end of the game you are sadly mistaken. These boys will bring it till the last play of the game. I can guarantee you that much.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You know, what is funny and you people from West just don't get it, is that the majority of the people on here predicting a Burg blowout ARE NOT FROM THE BURG and are just trying to stir the pot, while on the other hand almost every poster with West in their screenname or claiming they are backing the senators are predicting a huge blowout by the senators when they have maybe seen the Burg play once or twice on TV. If it rains, like they are predicting, this will be a very close ballgame. Could West blow them out, sure they could. Could Burg blow them out. Sure they can, but I just don't see it happening. If it does you can guarantee you that I'll be on here congratulating the senators on the victory and wishing them luck in the playoffs (unless they play the Pirates again) and will not be claiming that this play beat the Burg or this turnover beat the Burg. Whoever wins on this night they will have been the better team. I would say that if you lined these two teams up 10 teams this year that they would probably split the games 5-5. I think they are that even.

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

local superstar wrote:Arrogance and patronizing attitudes get you no where in sports OR life. All time, you have no idea what you are talking about, (not just targeting your comments but a whole bunch of trash on here). :122249

arrogance and attitude are not the same thing....arrogance is thinking you're better than what you are, attitude is playing with confidence and intensity and being unwilling to back down from anyone or anything...and im pretty sure i know what im talking about i played the game for a # of years and learned a thing or 2 while i was playing :122249

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

What you have no idea about is the West kids attitude THIS year, basing it on some sweeping generalization. Most of the rest is not worth commenting on. Have a good day!

Can ANYONE say the word "HUMILITY"?

That is what I thought. :122249

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

Everyone talks about how this years senior class has played each other in the past, but noone takes into accountj that there are alot of juniors starting for both teams. And clearly burg's junior class has been the dominant, they haven't ever lost to west, and this will play a large role in the game Friday.

Burg wins 35-14

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Just found out tickets will not be available at Wheelersburg until Thursday or Friday? Anyone from West know why they are waiting so long?

proby_sc
Waterboy

Post by proby_sc »

Why is it every year we hear the same thing, Wheelersburg is the "Socs" and West is the "Greasers", like from the movie the outsiders, with the rumble being the football game this friday night. THis should be made into a after school special. :122246 :122246 :122246 :-D :-D :-D :-D

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

^^^^^^^^^^^

You really need to go

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

I got an idea...why don't all the Burg posters go back and read all their own posts on West for all the previous games? Then see how wrong you were then. What makes you think this time will be any different? No disrespect intended! Best of luck West! :-D

Yabba, I actually agree with you on something.....West89 needs to go!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

west89 wrote:COSHION ALERT! WESTCIDER FANS DO NOT GO OROUND FIELD HOUSE. SECURED AN LOKD UP. TA BESSTEST COACH OROUND DECIDED TOO LOK GRAV YARD HOGS,SAUSQUATCH AN 3 HEDED MUNSTER UP FUR TA REST OF WEEK. COACH CAVEMAN,BESTEST COACH SAYS THILL BE WACHIN BOOGER FILM REST OF WEEK.YA NO WHOPPER,BIG MAC,BIG BUFORD AN MOR.LAS MILL UNTIL FRIDAY NIHGT.TA WILL STARF TO DEAF.HE SAY COACH CAVEMAN,HE WILL RELEESE THIM 729 PM FRYDAY THEN TA WIL WALK DOWN TA PATH OF BEAST TOO TA ROCK AN HAV ALL BOOGERS THEM WANT ;-) GOOD IDEA THEM HUNGRY BE HUNGRY FUR LOTSA BOOGERS :-D MASSACRE MOOTILACHION :122246

Dude, you are makin me friggin cry from laughin.....Coach caveman......I like it.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

I sore I wasn't gone to get on here this week but I just can't stand it! I will say that alot of these posters are NOT from west and they just registered to stir the crap up! Prince trojan is the worst of all!!! These are kids for gods sake!!! PLEASE get rid of all the crap and lets talk some football!! I am so sick of hearing about these kids living in a trailor! WHO THE HELL CARES WHER THEY LIVE!!! We don't ahve alot of money out here but who cares! I am happy living out here and I am not rich like some. I have alot of family in the Burg and they sure don't act like some of you Burg ppl. I think we all need to step back and THINK before we post!! You wonder why all the ppl up north think of us the way they do???? No wonder, read what you write!!!!!!
Please ppl, grow up or stay off these threads. If you can't say something nice about someone, DON'T SAY IT!!!
Can we please talk football and not about how much money we have or where we live!!!
I have seen both schools play and IMHO, I think west takes this one by 7. Their D is fast and gets to the QB, there running game is superior, and their OL is pretty darn good. This will by no means be a blowout by either school.
Please play with pride and no injuries and lets hope the rain holds off till after the game.
Good Luck KIDS!!!!!!

FrozenFish
Waterboy

Post by FrozenFish »

Burg will be playing the underdog role on the road. NOBODY thought Burg would be 9-0 at this point. Very few seniors, new head coach, starting QB lost for the season.
Both teams will face adversity in this Friday night brawl, and the team that best overcomes it will win the Gold Football.
My prediction: 21-14. Could go either way.
No matter who wins, it's been a great season for both teams, and if we fans are lucky, we'll get to see these two teams play each other again before 2008 is over. What a year for the SOC! Go Burg & Go West!

On a side note, can we get some extra security in the Parking Lot at "The Rock?" I'm tired of paying the deductible on my insurance for vandalism every other year. :-D

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

More classless comments. :oops: :oops:
Last edited by black76 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FrozenFish, just put a West sticker on your vehicle and you won't have any problem. lol

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

RAT095R OHSAA COMPUTER RANKINGS DATE: 10/21/08
WEEK 9 OF 10 DIVISION - V REGION - 19
LEVEL-1 LEVEL-2 AVERAGE RANK CITY HIGH SCHOOL NAME W L
40.5000 131.0000 17.8670 1 WHEELERSBURG WHEELERSBURG 9 0
30.5000 137.5000 17.1388 2 NELSONVILLE NELSONVILLE-YORK 7 2
39.0000 125.5000 17.0093 3 WEST PORTSMOUTH PORTSMOUTH WEST 9 0
29.0000 127.0000 15.9222 4 JOHNSTOWN JOHNSTOWN-MONROE 7 2
33.0000 103.0000 13.9666 5 BALTIMORE LIBERTY UNION 8 1
24.5000 79.5000 13.6920 6 COLUMBUS BISHOP READY 5 2
30.5000 98.0000 13.1888 7 HEATH HEATH 7 2
27.5000 98.5000 12.9055 8 WEST LAFAYETTE RIDGEWOOD 7 2
31.5000 94.0000 12.9000 9 BAINBRIDGE PAINT VALLEY 7 2
30.0000 93.0000 12.6333 10 MINFORD MINFORD 7 2

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

like i said against minford west will have no problem against burg....burg got lucky against minford..if that running back could hold on to the ball burg would be 8-1

Return to “Football”