All State

Re: WK 10 Rock Hill @ River Valley

Post by theassassin »

:122249

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

For some of you "computer coaches " on here, if you knew half of what you were talking about, you would know that a 4-4 is used to try and stop the the sweep, and run midline on my 4-4, and I will stop you 3 out of 4 times, you guys need to really learn something about football.

You big; we small!

And there you have it. We are put in our place!

WOK-WOK-WOK!

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

If the multiple option "o" is so horrible or difficult to run, why do all of the service academies run it? They run it because 1. it is designed to make the defense wrong no matter what. 2. It takes less athletes overall to be effective. If you want a great multiple option site, check out www.jerrycampbellfootball.com. He gets into good detail of how to make running the option simple for qbs by having them read outside inverts and 3 techs. Very interesting. In my opinion, the best overall offensive scheme to run.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I love the option because it puts a premium on execution and athleticism.

When you are lucky enough to have some speed thrown in there, LOOK OUT!!!!!

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

RVFAN wrote:Youare the most ignorant one individual that I have saw post on this forum!! First, I am not on the coaching staff of the Raiders, I had 2 children that graduated from this school, and have been an avid fan for several years. However unlike you, I do know something about football!! What kind of moron would ask the question about outside contain in a 4-4?? You have 2 ouside LBER'S, that can be spread out, or moved in, the DE'S line up head up or outside eye of the last man on the LOS, and you have 2 Corners, DUHH! 4-4 is a tough defense to block, more guys for th front to deal with, putting tackles on LBER'S but can be used for the teams that tend to sweep. As for the problems with the Raider Defense, I don't know what they are, but obviously you do, so I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you quit hiding behind your keyboard, and go tell Coach Huck what all the problems with his defense are? starting with how bad he sucks as a defensive coordinator! From wha I have seen, RV has had the right idea as for defense, but maybe the right people in those positions. It may be because they just didn't have the right people to begin with, I don't know, but I think if they would have tried to anything else, the results would have been worse. But hey, things should be looking up for them, I figure after you go talk to the coaching staff of the Raiders, they will want to hire on the spot, and with your knowledge of football, I see playoffs in the very near future!!!!

Please "disgruntled" if you don't know what is wrong with the defense why are you arguing that the 4-4 works?
It is obvious it does not! Also genius if you don't have the personnel to run the 4-4 why in the world are you running it?
Those 2 OLbers<? what ever those are? Were 7 yards off the ball most of the night in every game and 5 yards from the DE. How can that work?
Also if you watch any inside blocking at the game you will see that the uncovered TE gets to the Lber's and stops pursuit on all sweeps and outside runs,also the unaccounted for guard or tackle is killing the Lbers's on sweeps,6or7hole runs and outside counters.
The 4-4 is too easy to block unless you are loaded with speed. It was abandoned by most teams in the 70's or early 80's. Who that is good runs it any more?
coach Huck might be a great wrestling coach!But! The Defense is BAD has been bad since they went to a 4-4 are you freakin BLIND?
PLAYOFFS! hahaha please drink your last beer and go to bed! You can't average giving up 37 points a game and make the playoffs.

DUDE! RV needs a new scheme.
If RV comes out next year in a base 4-4 they will lose 9 games.
See what happens and tell me after it comes true how ignorant I am?

Please don't insult me! Homer!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

^^^^again i say you should approach mclelland and offer your services... sound as though you have much knowledge adn could bring lot to the table......... might be just what raider fb needs

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Those 2 OLbers<? what ever those are? Were 7 yards off the ball most of the night in every game and 5 yards from the DE. How can that work?

^^^^^ I am curious about this tidbit, blue-nd-gray...

Was this against teams running 3-4 wide receiver sets? If so then that would be a case of...

Are they still bumping to a 4-2 against the spread? If so, BIG MISTAKE. I know many people around here hate Rich Rodriguez but he does understand football. The reason a team would run the spread is to get that 4-2 adjustment, which gives the offense an advantage in the box and that is why Rodriguez and the Mountaineers were always able to RUN the ball. This advantage is also why the zone read works.

....Which is something that more than one knowledgeable poster has commented about on here...

I have found that one of the most neglected aspects of defensive coaching is an of understanding about what particular offenses are trying to do. If the DC doesn't understand the theory behind the spread, or the Wing-T, or West Coast, or the Veer, or whatever, he his going to have an awfully difficult task in trying to stop that particular offense.

In all honesty, it probably takes a harder-working, more studied coach to be a good defensive coordinator than it does to be a good offensive coordinator. A DC has to study, study, study if he is going to keep doing a good job.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
-- Sun Tzu

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

KarlAgathon wrote:

^^^^^ I am curious about this tidbit, blue-nd-gray...

Was this against teams running 3-4 wide receiver sets? If so then that would be a case of...

Are they still bumping to a 4-2 against the spread? If so, BIG MISTAKE. I know many people around here hate Rich Rodriguez but he does understand football. The reason a team would run the spread is to get that 4-2 adjustment, which gives the offense an advantage in the box and that is why Rodriguez and the Mountaineers were always able to RUN the ball. This advantage is also why the zone read works.

....Which is something that more than one knowledgeable poster has commented about on here...

I have found that one of the most neglected aspects of defensive coaching is an of understanding about what particular offenses are trying to do. If the DC doesn't understand the theory behind the spread, or the Wing-T, or West Coast, or the Veer, or whatever, he his going to have an awfully difficult task in trying to stop that particular offense.

In all honesty, it probably takes a harder-working, more studied coach to be a good defensive coordinator than it does to be a good offensive coordinator. A DC has to study, study, study if he is going to keep doing a good job.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
-- Sun Tzu

NO! It's not against 3-4 WR sets,perhaps Oak Hill some.Oak hill did most of their damage around the ends as well. It was mostly against teams running the single wing or variation or I formation,I mean it was like every team ran the same formations and plays against RV.Film showed they could not come close to stopping the outside run.The OVC teams run alot of the same formations and it is a primarily an run first league. Fairland did spread a little they got 60% of their points on the ground 40% passing they were 1-7 before the RV game. They scored 73 points,I mean getting beat is one thing but 73 points to a 1-7 team? Come on the defense is not working!

Meigs was the exception this year they got most of their yardage up the middle.That was the best back RV faced all year.

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

theassassin wrote:^^^^again i say you should approach mclelland and offer your services... sound as though you have much knowledge adn could bring lot to the table......... might be just what raider fb needs

Listen coach MCClelland does a nice job with the offense and it was nice breath of fresh air watching this team develop this year and the offense did get a lot better,a lot of people still feel he is still kind of an assistant in some ways. Defensively This team looks like it did the last 6 years...... you take it from there? Perhaps if i approach McClelland it would be the wrong person?
They need more people like you to stop being wussy's and admit there is a problem!

GEESH! did you watch a single game this year

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:
theassassin wrote:^^^^again i say you should approach mclelland and offer your services... sound as though you have much knowledge adn could bring lot to the table......... might be just what raider fb needs

Listen coach MCClelland does a nice job with the offense and it was nice breath of fresh air watching this team develop this year and the offense did get a lot better,a lot of people still feel he is still kind of an assistant in some ways. Defensively This team looks like it did the last 6 years...... you take it from there? Perhaps if i approach McClelland it would be the wrong person?
They need more people like you to stop being wussy's and admit there is a problem!

i suggest for u to talk to mcclelland bout becoming a memeber of his staff and you resort to name calling??? what is up with that?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

jarhead1967 wrote:rock hill by 10 if the coaches let the right kids play not the buddy system

since rv won this game i guess the rh coaches didnt let the right kids play?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

BBallin fool wrote:I talked to a RV coach who coaches lower grades said the 4-4 D is ran from start to finish, no adjustments are made During the game??? WOW

i hope this lower level coach is not out in the community bad mouthing the hs coahing staff. alwyas though coaches were suppose to show support for one another. not syaing they have to agree with everything the head coach says/does but there is a place to disagree... that being in the coaches office behind closed doors. if you cant agree/support then you dont belong on that staff. i really hope this is not the case here

Blue_nd_Gray
JV Team

Post by Blue_nd_Gray »

theassassin wrote:
BBallin fool wrote:I talked to a RV coach who coaches lower grades said the 4-4 D is ran from start to finish, no adjustments are made During the game??? WOW

i hope this lower level coach is not out in the community bad mouthing the hs coahing staff. alwyas though coaches were suppose to show support for one another. not syaing they have to agree with everything the head coach says/does but there is a place to disagree... that being in the coaches office behind closed doors. if you cant agree/support then you dont belong on that staff. i really hope this is not the case here

Perhaps he was just telling the "TRUTH" and that's not backstabbing,I mean stevie Wonder can see they do not make adjustments very well. I don't know if your part of the staff but your freakin blind if you can't see that they play the wrong system make no adjustments during the game. Ever watch the Defensive Coordinator run up and down the sidelines and jump up and down act like he's in the 5th grade? haha! how could he have time to make adjustments he's one of the cheerleaders, LOL.

Get real dude!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

1 no im not part of the staff.... has been several years since ive been part of any coaching staff.
2 stevie wonder can also see that it is backstabbing. ask any head coach and he will tell you the same... boko, amyx, lutz, tressell, rr, mack brown, stoops, etc. do you think any of these guys would have this person on their staff? the answer is NO

this is the 4th time ive suggested this now and you avoid the suggestion each time.... instead of YOU stirring $hit on here take it to mclelland.... he might just ask you to become part of the staff.... if youre not already :122246
;-)

and another thing....... dont call me dude

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Blue_nd_Gray wrote:

wussy????????? :lol:

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

Blue and gay I know you have sent many PMs to you asking you to tell who you are and to see if you want to discuss all your crying on here face to face with any coaches, but you won't reply. So who are you calling a wussy????????

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

I'm not in this, But it was told to me!!! maybe!!!I did not hear it right? Good Luck RV!!!

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Rapiers. That's the only way to settle this.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Rapiers. That's the only way to settle this.

What about machetes?

It's a little more brutal in my opinion, but there is something to be said for savage chopping.

kendra shaw
Waterboy

Post by kendra shaw »

WOK-WOK-WOK![/quote]

Hahahahahahahahaha!! Wok indeed!

Return to “Football”