Portsmouth West Administration

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Portsmouth West Administration

Post by DaRecGuy »

I have heard that the administration at West is detering most of the pregame activities for the Burg @ West game on Friday.

No decorating the players lockers because it destracts other students from learning.

No hanging signs on the school walls (except one) to show school pride

No TAILGATING before the game

No Bonfire on Thursday

If this is true, they should be ashamed and get a life. Sports are a big part of high school and teach kids how to get along with kids they might not normally socialize with. I think the parents of the players should step up if all this is true.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Re: Portsmouth West Administration

Post by CharlieHustle »

I totally agree....these young men who have worked so hard over the season and are ready to play the biggest game of their life need the support of the school to win. You have to support your players as they have a difficult task ahead. And quite frankly, since when is West all about education? Football is their LIFE!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

A bit overboard IMO.

Let the students/players support their football team. Not everyday a team is 9-0 or playing another 9-0 team for the championship.

Lighten' Up Francis!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

let the kids enjoy the moment !

bigbluedawg
Waterboy

Post by bigbluedawg »

where's bud sayre when you need him???

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

WOW....that is a total shame. And they are curious why kids dont like to go to school. That's just straight ridiculous....no pep rally/bonfire? No TAILGAITING???

Portsmouth West......what the hell is wrong with you?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Let's just give everybody a trophy for participating and sing Kumbayah!

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

Actually we are having a pep rally and bon fire thursday where well be throwin burg dummies in it,and we are putting sighns all the way down from the burg to the westside.But thats alot because usually they wouldnt even be aloud to do that.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

The school administration does not get behind our athletes and support them like they should but who cares as long as they get paid. We have two board members that are for the kids and the others don't care and something needs to be done. Athletics our an incitive for these kids to get good grades and untill they realize that things will never change.Two of our board members realize that Tom Berry and Kyle Phillips the other three do what ever they have to do to make Patty happy. It is so embarrasing at times the way the Washington-Nile school district treats these kids.
Last edited by fanatic23 on Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

WestSportsFan wrote:Actually we are having a pep rally and bon fire thursday where well be throwin burg dummies in it,

I wonder if any of them post on here? :lol: :lol: :lol:

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

none of this is true. I know people who spoke to Mr. Bazler today and he said that he doesn't know where this is coming from.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

If this is the Portsmouth West that is located down there towards Shawnee Golf course, i know this cannot be true. How do i know? I have never known anyone to be successful telling West Siders what to do. Good luck to the Portsmouth West football program as you continue on with a very successful season.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:none of this is true. I know people who spoke to Mr. Bazler today and he said that he doesn't know where this is coming from.

as bad as I hate to say it some of it is true

DaRecGuy
Freshman Team

Post by DaRecGuy »

THE G.O.A.T. wrote:none of this is true. I know people who spoke to Mr. Bazler today and he said that he doesn't know where this is coming from.

This was told to the students on Monday and now that the parents and the rest of the community of found out, they are saying "oh no we never said that!" This is typical Patty and her anti-sports agenda and now that the school is getting some negative pub over it, she wants to act like she knows nothing. So I guess they expect people to believe that the students got together and made this up on their own and no administration said anything :lol: :lol:

Good Luck Friday Night, MEN!!!

Win one for the community and to make Patty fork out some more money for an extra game this season along with some TRAVEL expenses!!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Shoot make her pay for 3 or 4 postseason games!You guys have a good enough team to make a good run at it! ;-)

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

All of these things that are being done away with are immaterial little things for the cheerleaders, parents, and spectators.

I would not want my athletes hanging around at a bonfire the night before a game.

Accept Jesus as your personal savior, and you shall find the pathway to salvation!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I have heard that gospel somewhere else before, Vernon...

VernonHowell
Waterboy

Post by VernonHowell »

Must have been a very smart man who said that! An extremely wise man with good moral standing and an understanding of the wickedness that can happen at these kinds of activities.

Accept Jesus as your personal savior, and you shall find the pathway to salvation!

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

I say if this is true then we need to make some changes on the board, let the team, students and the community embrace this opportunity that we will experience Friday night because 9-0 does'nt happen very often. I have read on here that the board or the principal said that the students couldn't hang signs in the school because it was distracting or that the students couldn't wear the same color shirts, or have a pep rally. I say that the board or the principal needs to figure out who votes for them and pays thier salaries. If my kids want to wear a black or orange shirt they can, if the students want to hang signs in the hallway let them. I have heard in the past that the administration said that hanging signs up in the gym,hallways and lockers, would tear the walls up. My tax dollars pays for the school and the hallways, the gym, lockers, so let these kids have a little school spirt.

Return to “Football”