Waverly Stadium Project

smurray
SEOPS HO

Waverly Stadium Project

Post by smurray »

I didn't see a thread on this yet, sorry if there is.

Capital ATM and Pepsi the latest in major contributions. Capital ATM has agreed to fund the Field House project, Pepsi with a $40,000 donation towards the stadium and a $1,500 per year academic scholarship for 10 years.

The Field House and Stadium were going to built in separate phases (years 1 and 2) but now it looks like both will be built before next season. Can't wait to see more activity as the bleachers are ready to come down it all becomes a reality.

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Re: Waverly Stadium Project

Post by Sider_PC »

Can anyone post what the layout or a projection of what the stadium will look like?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Exciting times in SOCII. Wheelersburg and Waverly getting new facilities is good for the whole league.

Is this going to be a turf field? They have always seemed to struggle keeping grass late in the year.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Everything is being paid for with private donations. Turf was planned for phase 3 (year 3), hopefully donations continue to come in so that can take place sooner.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FOR THE LIFE OF ME I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T RELOCATE THIS FACILITY TO 220, WHERE ALL THE NEW FACILITIES ARE , TO SHOWCASE. IT WILL NOT KEEP PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING THE EATERIES , AND SHOPS IN WAVERLY.AND A MILE DOWN THE ROAD YOU HAVE LAKE WHITE, MANY PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THIS HIDDEN GEM IS.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:FOR THE LIFE OF ME I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DON'T RELOCATE THIS FACILITY TO 220, WHERE ALL THE NEW FACILITIES ARE , TO SHOWCASE. IT WILL NOT KEEP PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING THE EATERIES , AND SHOPS IN WAVERLY.AND A MILE DOWN THE ROAD YOU HAVE LAKE WHITE, MANY PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE THIS HIDDEN GEM IS.
Lake White, Best fried chicken I ever ate!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i live like a half mile from there on lake white shine.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

smurray wrote:I didn't see a thread on this yet, sorry if there is.

Capital ATM and Pepsi the latest in major contributions. Capital ATM has agreed to fund the Field House project, Pepsi with a $40,000 donation towards the stadium and a $1,500 per year academic scholarship for 10 years.

The Field House and Stadium were going to built in separate phases (years 1 and 2) but now it looks like both will be built before next season. Can't wait to see more activity as the bleachers are ready to come down it all becomes a reality.
So are you saying Capital ATM is building your Fieldhouse by themselves?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The way I understood it, Capitol ATM is funding the field house. If that is your question then yes.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/articl ... 963f4.html

Word is Mr. Ross has a construction company as well.

Also
from facebook

Per Nancy Voorhes:: Waverly football stadium-I was at the stadium earlier. Mike Crouch with Roberts Trucking & Excavating was there removing the signs from the back of the pressbox. He was able to remove the marble plaque on the end of the stadium & hopefully it can be restored. Will continue this evening doing last minute preparations for demolition. Mike plans to be at the stadium in the morning (12/23/11) to do 'cuts' in the structure in hopes that it will fall as planned. Mike estimates that it will come down around 9:30 am-10:00 am. He will move equipment out of the way so that the demolition can be seen & pictures can be taken. For your safety, STAY OUTSIDE THE FENCE!! For those that may have FB friends that I don't have, please pass this along

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i live like a half mile from there on lake white shine.
Hey bait have a very Merry Christmas and if I every get down your way I will look you up and we will get some of that famous Lake White Chicken!

Moon

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

anytime buddy. stay n play some pool and go fishin.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Stadium is down

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

Went thru Waverly today, and yes the stadium is down. It appears that the future is "LOOKING BRIGHTER" in Tigerland! :122245 Good Luck in this endeaver, it will pay big dividen$$$$ for along time to come!!!!!

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

anybody have pics??

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

AWESOME PICTURES.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The mess is cleaned up from the home bleacher demolition. Word is donors are lining up with a possible MAJOR contributor jumping on board. Would be awesome to complete the project in just one year instead of 3 phases.

pirates/redmen fan
JV Team

Post by pirates/redmen fan »

DOES THAT MEAN?NEW BLEACHERS ON VISITORS SIDE.

Return to “Football”