Re: S.O.C II PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Post by NICKNEVADA »

TRIPLETT-COY
SWORDS/BRICKER/POY

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Take it from someone who knows, just because you win the SOC Title, and run for over 150 yrds, and get 20 tackles that particular SOC game, does not mean the POY, LOY, COY will come from the SOC II Championship team. Now you would think that it should since the team won the SOC, but it is not the case, it is also not the particular player that has the highest stats in the SOC either. Doesn't really matter, those of us that have watched the games over the past season so far know who the real players are and their trophy is the SOC and playing extra weeks to get to state.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Most often, the player and/or coach of the year comes from the winner of the respective league, especially an undefeated team.

Mohawk06
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk06 »

dale swords does it all player of the year hands down very very hard nosed runner also punts the ball very well coach of the year is a coin flip

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

Dale Swords, this year. I think there have been better athletes in the SOCII though. Good Luck to him.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

If linebacker is considered for lineman of the year I think white from the burg has a chance.

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

POY doesnt always go to a person on the title team but Dale has pretty good stats. If linebackers were considered i think you would have to include the West backers.

westside_rebel
Riding the Bench

Post by westside_rebel »

POY - Dale Swords
LOY - ???
COY - I know that Burg has an excellent argument that Woodward should get it, but this award has generally always gone to the coach of the Conference Champions. Woodward did do a great job, especially after loosing some key players to grad. and starting qb to injury. Trip, on the other hand, took the helm and went 4-6 and turned it around with a 10-0 season, Conference Championship, Number 1 seed in playoffs...it's kinda hard not to give it to him.

Anyways, best of luck and congratulations to all who receive awards this season. I'm happy that we have the Gold Football and look forward to seeing a Sider run through the playoffs. Nothing against Minford, I'm also hoping for a Burg/West rematch in a few weeks. To take the conference title and regional title away from them Pirates in the same season would be TOTALLY SWEET!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL! MAY EVERYONE HAVE SAFE TRAVELS THIS PLAYOFF SEASON and MAY ALL THE BOYS BE INJURY FREE!

BEEP-BEEP

JAM MAN
Waterboy

Post by JAM MAN »

local superstar wrote:Most often, the player and/or coach of the year comes from the winner of the respective league, especially an undefeated team.

Wrong! Player of the year yes,But not coach of the year.Coach of the year sometimes is considered for the most improved or different aspects of the game .I am not saying that coach tripplett does not deserve it I am just saying you are wrong with that statement.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Sorry dude, you are wrong.

West Senator
Waterboy

Post by West Senator »

As for POY it should go to Dale he has been working on this pretty much his whole highschool years...And COY Coach T "caveman" should get it hands down...LOY its a tough one Scotty is a great player as well as Matt Lester and Weber... Thomas Miller made a huge turnaroud from last year he didnt play then came back his senior year and helped his team to a SOCII Championship... I think the should give the whole line LOY they worked hard gave each credit and helped one another out IMO they should all get LOY Way to go West...hats off to you guys as well as the coaching staff what a great job you men have done!!!

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

Coach of the year has to go to Merril Tripplet for the turnaround.

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

I was only able to see about 6 games this year, but it seemed Dale had 150+ yards and a TD or two every game. Even if they lost last week he should be Player of the year. I would give lineman of the year to my old neighbor Seth Weber. Undersized for his position but gets the jobs done.

kranky
Riding the Bench

Post by kranky »

West should garner all individual/team accolades for their tremendous season.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

westside_rebel wrote:POY - Dale Swords
LOY - ???
COY - I know that Burg has an excellent argument that Woodward should get it, but this award has generally always gone to the coach of the Conference Champions. Woodward did do a great job, especially after loosing some key players to grad. and starting qb to injury. Trip, on the other hand, took the helm and went 4-6 and turned it around with a 10-0 season, Conference Championship, Number 1 seed in playoffs...it's kinda hard not to give it to him.

Anyways, best of luck and congratulations to all who receive awards this season. I'm happy that we have the Gold Football and look forward to seeing a Sider run through the playoffs. Nothing against Minford, I'm also hoping for a Burg/West rematch in a few weeks. To take the conference title and regional title away from them Pirates in the same season would be TOTALLY SWEET!!!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL! MAY EVERYONE HAVE SAFE TRAVELS THIS PLAYOFF SEASON and MAY ALL THE BOYS BE INJURY FREE!

BEEP-BEEP

Great post,

but you know Tripp had all those seniors.... And they should be awarded, nobody else but J or S swankweiler has anything against the West squad. One thing though, Swords penalty vs ??? where he grabbed the facemask instead of tackling the guy could hurt him. I dont think so myself, but if it counts, then so be it (if it was swords that did that). And I didnt see it on tape etc.. just heard it from rumors. I know Dale and he has been awesome but I think S or J shankweiler could have comparable stats, especially the soph QB for Burg. Nut if that tackle is legit by facemask, may mean he was saving himself fpr college level and not putting it forth for the team.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Maniac, get some sleep dude. You can look at things with your own twist and try to put a circle into a square any way you want. :122249

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

demaniac1 wrote:
LOY - ???

BEEP-BEEP

Great post,

but you know Tripp had all those seniors.... And they should be awarded, nobody else but J or S swankweiler has anything against the West squad. One thing though, Swords penalty vs ??? where he grabbed the facemask instead of tackling the guy could hurt him. I dont think so myself, but if it counts, then so be it (if it was swords that did that). And I didnt see it on tape etc.. just heard it from rumors. I know Dale and he has been awesome but I think S or J shankweiler could have comparable stats, especially the soph QB for Burg. Nut if that tackle is legit by facemask, may mean he was saving himself fpr college level and not putting it forth for the team.

I CAN'T STAND YOU !!!!!!! YOU TRY TO TO FIND ANYTHING NEGATIVE YOU CAN TO SAY ABOUT WEST KIDS,FANS AND COMMUNITY POSSIBLE. YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD TRY NOT TO ACT LIKE.YOU PUT DOWN WEST ON THIS WEBSITE BUT FACE TO FACE YOU WOULD BE A COWARD.EVERY POST YOU MAKE IS NEGATIVE TOWARDS OTHER TEAMS BESIDES THE BURG YOU'RE A JOKE.

westsiders
Waterboy

Post by westsiders »

fanatic23 wrote:
demaniac1 wrote:
LOY - ???

BEEP-BEEP

Great post,

for your information it was 15 not 19 that facemask it was waverly game!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T STAND YOU !!!!!!! YOU TRY TO TO FIND ANYTHING NEGATIVE YOU CAN TO SAY ABOUT WEST KIDS,FANS AND COMMUNITY POSSIBLE. YOU MY FRIEND ARE THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHAT PEOPLE SHOULD TRY NOT TO ACT LIKE.YOU PUT DOWN WEST ON THIS WEBSITE BUT FACE TO FACE YOU WOULD BE A COWARD.EVERY POST YOU MAKE IS NEGATIVE TOWARDS OTHER TEAMS BESIDES THE BURG YOU'RE A JOKE.

westsiders
Waterboy

Post by westsiders »

You need to watch the game film. It was the Waverly game that you are referring to. It wasn't Swords 19 it was 15. And if you look at Swords stats he should receive the player of the year. He is a good guy, he has always been a team player and one of the very best for showing great sportsmanship.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

POY - Swords or B. Schankweiler

LOY - I would say White from BURG...LBs can get the award and let's be honest--it's easier to judge their performances

COY - Triplett and Woodward...this could be a tie right? They won't vote for themselves and they both have outstanding reasons to receive the award

Return to “Football”