Where would Fairland be if Wilcoxon coached all year long?

The Truth
Waterboy

Where would Fairland be if Wilcoxon coached all year long?

Post by The Truth »

Thoughts?

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Re: Where would Fairland be if Wilcoxon coached all year long?

Post by dragoncoach56 »

moot point the good ol boys are gonna say with a worse record. we are gonna say better. I think personally the record is better under Brent but people will say I'm biased. The thing we need to worry about is not what could have been but what will happen now. The pressure needs to be put on the board RIGHT NOW to make a determination and start looking at coaches. If we let them drag their feet then another back door deal will be made and the selection for the next coach could be worse. Our board's lone obligation in this matter is to get the most qualifed person possible for the job. Not who they like,who agrees with their philosophy, or who they know. is this Brent? I don't know,depends on who applies but they need to search and get applicants.
Clayton Dement

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If you look at the body of work he has put together at Fairland, can anyone seriously say they would be any better? I watched a very talented football tam that went to the playoffs under coach Ward get handed over to him and they were something like 3-7 the next season. What has his best team at Fairland ever done? No way they are any better!

RationalVoice
Freshman Team

Post by RationalVoice »

I really don't want to get going in this argument (I think it's pointless), but I do want to point out two relevant things regarding peake's post. The team he inherited from Ward lost a bunch of starters & Wilcoxen didn't get hired until the middle of the summer that year.

dragoncoach56
JV Team

Post by dragoncoach56 »

^^^^^ correct in every way

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

RationalVoice wrote:I really don't want to get going in this argument (I think it's pointless), but I do want to point out two relevant things regarding peake's post. The team he inherited from Ward lost a bunch of starters & Wilcoxen didn't get hired until the middle of the summer that year.

but that team still had a TON of talent in Michael Hill, Sam Huff, Brad Malone, Deryk Neal, Adam Fuller, and Matt Burd just to name a few.

when Wilcoxen was only in talks with Fairland, everyone hyped him up to be the second coming of Bob Lutz. and I will admit, I bought into that hype. he had 4 years to put his system in, and with the exception of the 5-5 season in 2007, the other 3 seasons were the same. (3-7, 2-8, 2-8) I'm not saying Snyder is the solution to the "we're not winning" problem, obviously he's not (posting a 4-5 record, but I'm guessing had Green not pulled out of the contract we would have gone 5-5 again), but Wilcoxen had his chance, he didn't produce, it's time to look elsewhere, and Fairland's BOE needs to start searching for a new HC for next season now not in May.

The Truth
Waterboy

Post by The Truth »

In my opinion Fairland would be getting ready for week 11.Wilcoxon would have won 9 games this year.Fairland would have played 10 games this year.There was no excuse for not finding a 10th game,As a parent i think is was a crime only playing 9 games.Fairland would have won the early season games they lost because the season would have started in December not the first of August.Strong and well conditioned kids are able to play 4 quarters not just 2.Football is a year round sport not just a hobby.The big question is what will the BOE do about next year.Will Snyder be back,i hope not.Will they hire form within,I hope not.This was the year to make a run in the playoffs,not just share the OVC title,that wasn't good enough.With the talent lost before the season started and the seniors lost this year i'm not feeling confident in 2009.I will miss this senior class they were very special to me.A note for the kids returning,start lifting now the season will be here before you know it.Don't wait on the board to hire a new coach,be leaders and take it upon yourselves to get your butts in the weight room now.Good luck.

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Post by sportsnut mom »

Dragonfan, just curious since you sound like you accept the BOE's decision to make the change to get the winning season, why is the girls basketball coach still there??
I don't think many would disagree with me when I say except for the PW game this year was just like last year-injuries produced losses-not coaching.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

sportsnut mom wrote:Dragonfan, just curious since you sound like you accept the BOE's decision to make the change to get the winning season, why is the girls basketball coach still there??
I don't think many would disagree with me when I say except for the PW game this year was just like last year-injuries produced losses-not coaching.

it doesn't matter to me if the BOE hires for a winning season or not, the problem I have is when people get upset because we're not winning but the coach they want to get the job hasn't had a winning season either. my hope is that Fairland's Board will get off their rear and stop making everything about "I wanna hire my buddy so he'll cut my grass for free or give my kid a starting spot on the squad" and start thinking about, "we have kids that deserve the best, let's find it for them."

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

15-0 you never know :idea:

Return to “Football”