Playoffs D4 R15 (8-2) Meigs @ (9-1) New Lex

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Re: Playoffs D4 R15 (8-2) Meigs @ (9-1) New Lex

Post by bluetraveler »

Meigs goes into this game with nothing to lose.CONGRATS to Meiges they have a fine group of kids and deserve the chance to show what they cann do.If they play to win,and not play to not lose ,like they have done at times this year,this game will be closer then many think.They must play every play as if it is the last,and have no turnovers to have a chance. If this happens they will be in the game at the end with a chance to win.

jkumpiretriesagain
Waterboy

Post by jkumpiretriesagain »

Hardfoul,

I really can't do that, things tend to change from week to week.

Here is what I can tell you for sure:

#10 Cannon is a good QB.
#32 Starkey is a good back, and they have several to use.
#12 Wycinski is on the GG player of the year list, has some speed. Punts also
Lots of backs and ends used.
Tries to be balanced offensively between run and pass.
Defense has been very solid in recent weeks against both run and pass.
Defense runs multiple fronts, and has speed in the back seven.
Special teams are good, not great.

If I hear anything about the starters I will post them later in the week.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

Philo 20
Warren 0

New Lex 44
Philo 14

Warren 31
Meigs 22

Now, I'm not stupid, you can't really compare scores but it isn't looking good for Meigs.

Pantsless30
Waterboy

Post by Pantsless30 »

It may not look good from those scores, but I do know that Meigs looked the worst I had seen them play at Warren. Almost like they could not do anything, and they definitely should have beat them. Therefore, I think it will be way closer than people think! You really have to give them some credit anyway, as they are the first team to make it to playoffs.

Good Luck Meigs!!

powerliftingnut
Freshman Team

Post by powerliftingnut »

Good luck to Meigs! Take it all in, have fun and play some football! It week 11 and you are still playing! Great Job!

grampa buckeye
Waterboy

Post by grampa buckeye »

Good the Meigs

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Good Luck Meigs!!! Have a fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to Meigs on their first playoff appearance. It's a great accomplishment to make it to post season play. I know the Marauders have been close a few times, but it's nice to see them get over the hump and make it to the second season. Play hard and have fun. You're one of only 32 teams in all of D4 to make it to Week 11!

maraudermom
Waterboy

Post by maraudermom »

I have friends from New Lex and they are a rough/tough team. Our Marauders can hold their own and take the punches given to them. We are proud of our team as they made history! Lets pump it up and get them ready for this trip to New Lex.

HOORAH....

and a big WELCOME BACK Ernie!

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Congrats to Meigs!! I have always felt a special connection to Meigs. My mom's side of the family is from there....my grandpa was a teacher/principal for many years at many of the elementarys, and my mom is currently a teacher there for the past 30+ years....I'm so happy for them in making the playoffs for the first time in school history! Plus, with the tradgedy of last week, it was definitely a blessing to end the week with a playoff berth!

By the way, great show of community and emotion with the Meigs QB wearing the softball number of the little girl that passed away!!

Go Buckeyes
Riding the Bench

Post by Go Buckeyes »

I noticed that Philo connection between Meigs and New Lex yesterday... Could be a tough game... At least the TVC is being represented in the playoffs...

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

Here is one for those of you who like to compare scores :roll:

New Lex 21
Crooksville 14

Trimble 21
Crooksville 14

Nelsonville 41
Trimble 13

Nelsonville 30 (two kick returns, Meigs out gained NY and should of won)
Meigs 28

Looks to me like Meigs should win this one based on scores

:roll:

You can't rate a team based on one game, I am positive that the Warren game was Meigs worst game of the year and I would be willing to bet the Crooksville game was the worst game New Lex played...

The only thing we know is BOTH team deserves to be here and it will be one heck of a game!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

I want to wish Meigs luck and congratulations. I will root for them to carry our part of the state on.
As to the Warren Philo game Philo scored on a blocked punt into the endzone and a Pass interception inside the 15. They put together a good drive on their first TD. Warren had the ball inside the redzone twice and once punted after a hold, sack and another penalty. And it was a fairly reffed game. Warren played with no fire. Warren played flat much like Meigs did at Warren. New Lex however plays in the MVL, this is a smash mouth league and the teams beat each other up every friday night. The Tigers also lost their first game to Sheridan (No #1 in their region (DII??) and No. # 3 in the writers poll.) Its at New Lex, home field goes to the Tigers, New Lex has been to the playoffs many times and has playoff experience advantage NL, Meigs offense has proved they can score as has New Lex. even here, Meigs defense has at times given up big yards, New Lex has not advantage NL, Common opponents advantage Meigs. Over all the edge has to go to New Lex., but the Murauders are an unknown and have achieved a great amount for making the playoffs, so emotion has to be on their side. I look for/hope for a much better game than anyone may give them credit for. Just a humble opinion from a avid football fan. Here's hoping Meigs can prove me wrong.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

CONGRATS MEIGS FROM BLUE DEVIL COUNTRY !!!

YOU HAVE REACHED A MILESTONE WITH YOUR PROGRAM AND ONE COULD ONLY THINK THAT MORE IS TO COME.BOTH SIDES OF MY FAMILY ARE FROM MEIGS COUNTY SO WE HAVE MANY TIES TO THE AREA. WE KNOW SEVERAL OF YOUR PLAYERS FROM OUR SON PLAYING SPORTS UP THERE THRU THE YEARS...YOU HAVE A FINE GROUP OF YOUNG MEN, COACHES AND FANS--- ENJOY YOUR SUCCESS THUS FAR AND GOOD LUCK FROM GAHS !!!

Waterboy

Post by 4.0 »

comparing scores of games is comparing apples to oranges...too many variable and situations to compare games...good luck meigs

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

4.0 wrote:comparing scores of games is comparing apples to oranges...too many variable and situations to compare games...good luck meigs

it is sometimes fair to compair scores of games...a good team will be consistant and put up good numbers...
good luck to meigs though...going to be a tough game but look for meigs' offense(rushing with smith, passing with well,bolin,bolin, and sometimes overlooked davis) to come out with heart and aggresion...see you there!

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H wrote:Here is one for those of you who like to compare scores :roll:

New Lex 21
Crooksville 14

Trimble 21
Crooksville 14

Nelsonville 41
Trimble 13

Nelsonville 30 (two kick returns, Meigs out gained NY and should of won)
Meigs 28

Looks to me like Meigs should win this one based on scores

:roll:

You can't rate a team based on one game, I am positive that the Warren game was Meigs worst game of the year and I would be willing to bet the Crooksville game was the worst game New Lex played...

The only thing we know is BOTH team deserves to be here and it will be one heck of a game!

You better check your scores again. Crooksville won 19-6 over Trimble, the TVC Hocking. Crooksvilles only win of the season last year was to the TVC Ohio Champs, the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes. You can put all the twists and spins you want on this, but, on paper, New Lex's starters should be sitting the second half. But, the game is not played on paper and if the Panthers come out and play lathargic and lack-luster they could be in for a fight.

7072, Sheridan is d-3 and finished Number 1 in the AP Poll.

hog belly
Waterboy

Post by hog belly »

New Lex takes this one 35-14

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

Philo's_Finest,

You are right, I looked at JoeEitel wrong... I was being sarcastic anyways. It is impossible to compare scores and decide how a team will match up with one another.

Do you know where Coach Woods got his first coaching job? He was the Marauders line coach in the 90's. Philo is Meigs fans second favorite team! It isn't unlikely to see a few Electric hats if you head into town on any given day.

Return to “Football”