Playoffs D5 R19 (9-1) Liberty Union @ (8-2) Nelsonville-York

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

gt13osu
Varsity

Re: Playoffs D5 R19 (9-1) Liberty Union @ (8-2) Nelsonville-York

Post by gt13osu »

Haha! Right on FrozenRope.

It is going to be one and done in the playoffs for NY again.

FrozenRope9 wrote:Some of you Nelsonvillians make me laugh. There's no need for me or anyone else who roots for someone other than the Buckeyes to even post on these threads because you guys are the only ones who are ever right about anything and your team is the greatest team in the history of football in Southeastern Ohio and there is no reason to even play games because nobody has a chance against you. Oh and if a team does beat you, well it's certainly not your fault. It was just a fluke or it was the refs fault because they cheated.
I get on this thread and try to make reasonable posts and give respect to both teams and not even pick a winner and I get totally thrashed by you people. Amazing how sites like this can make people act so childish.

Spenceman
Freshman Team

Post by Spenceman »

good luck bucks

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

gt13osu wrote:Haha! Right on FrozenRope.

It is going to be one and done in the playoffs for NY again.

FrozenRope9 wrote:Some of you Nelsonvillians make me laugh. There's no need for me or anyone else who roots for someone other than the Buckeyes to even post on these threads because you guys are the only ones who are ever right about anything and your team is the greatest team in the history of football in Southeastern Ohio and there is no reason to even play games because nobody has a chance against you. Oh and if a team does beat you, well it's certainly not your fault. It was just a fluke or it was the refs fault because they cheated.
I get on this thread and try to make reasonable posts and give respect to both teams and not even pick a winner and I get totally thrashed by you people. Amazing how sites like this can make people act so childish.

is this the best you can do with your 68th post is quote somebody else.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

"It is going to be one and done in the playoffs for NY again."

i would also bet that you dont know the playoff history of buckeye football.
Last edited by qualified101 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

qualified101 wrote:i would also bet that you dont know the playoff history of buckeye football.

Here's a history lesson:
Ny was one and done in 2000, '03 , '04 , '05 , '06 (last 5 playoff appearances)

nybucksmom
JV Team

Post by nybucksmom »

So what??? Perhaps they won't be "one and done" this year!

I love "cheap shots"! PLEASE!!! :roll:

GO BUCKS!!!

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

And I would ask, How did your team do in the playoffs?

Go Buckeyes!!!

Waterboy

Post by 03040530 »

Hey, you know what they say..... If you can't beat'em trash'em...... that seems to be the mentality of some of the posters on here.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

GOOD LUCK TO THE BUCKEYES FROM THE RESERVATION!!

grampa buckeye
Waterboy

Post by grampa buckeye »

[quote="NYBuckeye96"]Liberty Union is a TOUGH draw for the Buckeyes in the opening round. The Lions have dominated some good teams this year. The Buckeyes will need to play with the intensity of the Ironton game to pull this one off.

This is the first ever meeting between the Lions and Buckeyes. The two schools are only 40 miles apart. Good luck Buckeyes

It is the first meeting at the highschool level. Back in the mid 80's N-Y's 3rd $4th & 5th & 6th grade team were in that leauge for 2 years. This is back when the Gail boys were that age. Kicked some butt in that league. [color=#FF8000]DO IT AGAIN.........GOBUCKS

powerliftingnut
Freshman Team

Post by powerliftingnut »

qualified101 wrote:It is going to be one and done in the playoffs for NY again.

icanpickem wrote:
qualified101 wrote:i would also bet that you dont know the playoff history of buckeye football.

Here's a history lesson:

Our playoff history is spread out over three decades. 18 league championships and 12 playoff appearances. I for one am proud of that history weather it was one and done or not. You at least need to earn a spot be there and its a bonus and a great experience for our young men. But if I ever forget our history, I always enjoy wearing my State Championship Ring, which I will be wearing this weekend at Boston Field. It was a long time ago and our theme song was "Dont stop Believin". A few grey hairs are showing now but I still remember it like it was yesterday.
This week the Buckeyes have another chance to make history. First Playoff win at Boston field. Go Buckeyes!!!!!!

On a side note: It is Ohio University's Halloween weekend. For Liberty Union fans, spread the word that the traffic will be heavy so take off a little early. Be careful!

Go Buckeyes!

zxxtrumpxxz
Waterboy

Post by zxxtrumpxxz »

whompascat wrote:this will be a good game. I'm sure plenty of tomcat fans will be there rooting on the buckeyes.

I would Think not considering that Trimble has a home playoff game in there division! LOL

----Anyway----

The Bucks will have to come in there and play a full game!! Start off strong like the ironton game and keep the chains movin'... LU looks like a good team.... The bucks need to keep there head in the game and stay focused on the overall outcome!.... as to the remarks about the Berne Union Game... Come on seriously in the dictionary the definition of "Rip Off" should read NY vs BU 2008 (Also See "Pay Off The Refs" for a Win). NUF SAID!

Ill be sittin on the bucks side with the shirt off with an N or a Y On the Chest!!!! GO BUCKS!

zxxtrumpxxz
Waterboy

Post by zxxtrumpxxz »

Lungbuster wrote:Go bucks bring home the win

LU - 20

NY - 6

Im confused???

bucksbacker
Waterboy

Post by bucksbacker »

tell liberty union the bucks are coming to an endzone near you.....

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

powerliftingnut wrote:
qualified101 wrote:It is going to be one and done in the playoffs for NY again.

icanpickem wrote:

Here's a history lesson:

Our playoff history is spread out over three decades. 18 league championships and 12 playoff appearances. I for one am proud of that history weather it was one and done or not. You at least need to earn a spot be there and its a bonus and a great experience for our young men. But if I ever forget our history, I always enjoy wearing my State Championship Ring, which I will be wearing this weekend at Boston Field. It was a long time ago and our theme song was "Dont stop Believin". A few grey hairs are showing now but I still remember it like it was yesterday.
This week the Buckeyes have another chance to make history. First Playoff win at Boston field. Go Buckeyes!!!!!!

On a side note: It is Ohio University's Halloween weekend. For Liberty Union fans, spread the word that the traffic will be heavy so take off a little early. Be careful!

Go Buckeyes!

great post, i knew there was a state champ or two in there somewhere! GO BUCKS! :!: :!: :!: :!:

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

I have to go w/ my alma mater here. NY is a very good football PROGRAM. They know how to win. Although few and far between, Johnson has had some very nice teams since he started in the 85 season. I know it's been many moons ago, but the first run for LU was going down a very similar path.They played the highly favored Belpre Golden Eagles who had some good playoff teams in the late 80's. They met at The Plains and LU rolled 28-0. I predict a similar outcome this weekend. Although I don't think they'll hold the Bucks scoreless. The Lions have some very good football players and some good size,as do the Bucks.LU has a pretty good history of beating the favorite in the early rounds when they do make it to the playoffs.(ie. Barnesville, Lucasville Valley, Belpre)
I look for a big performance from the Love boy again.
Johnson is definitely a run oriented coach. He ran the unbalanced wing T exclusively for years. He likes to mix in play action, the occassional deep ball, but relies on Iso's and Powers. He's old school. Don't get caught napping either, b/c he'll htrow in the old bootleg or something of the likes.
Good luck to both teams on a hard fought, injury free contest.

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

grampa buckeye wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:Liberty Union is a TOUGH draw for the Buckeyes in the opening round. The Lions have dominated some good teams this year. The Buckeyes will need to play with the intensity of the Ironton game to pull this one off.

This is the first ever meeting between the Lions and Buckeyes. The two schools are only 40 miles apart. Good luck Buckeyes

It is the first meeting at the highschool level. Back in the mid 80's N-Y's 3rd $4th & 5th & 6th grade team were in that leauge for 2 years. This is back when the Gail boys were that age. Kicked some butt in that league. [color=#FF8000]DO IT AGAIN.........GOBUCKS

I remember those days Grampa Buck. My Dad was a coach for the pee-wee teams and I was in HS and traveled down to Nelsonville for a few good games.You guys always did have some good teams.LU was pretty successful back in those days too.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

nelsonville players read all these naysayers.

then get mad, mad enough to play at 100%

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

buckfan84 wrote:And I would ask, How did your team do in the playoffs?

Go Buckeyes!!!

We know all about Nelsonville yorks playoff history now how about LU's?

tigerdad
JV Team

Post by tigerdad »

GO BUCKEYE'S BY 12

Return to “Football”