Re: Playoffs D5 R19 (9-1) Liberty Union @ (8-2) Nelsonville-York

Post by NICKNEVADA »

LU 28-21 BUT WEST WINS THIS REGION!

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

NYHSvarsitycheer10 wrote:
buckfan84 wrote:And I would ask, How did your team do in the playoffs?

Go Buckeyes!!!

We know all about Nelsonville yorks playoff history now how about LU's?

I'll answer that one for you. This will only be the third appearance for an LU team. In 1987 they were 10-0, beat Belpre 28-0 in the first round, and lost to eventual State Champion, Cols. Academy. This is the time period when there were only 5 divisions and LU was in D4.
In 1999 they played Lucasville Valley @ Valley in the first round, beat Barnesville in Zanesville in the 2nd round and got beat handily by eventual State Champ, Amanda Clearcreek at Lancaster Fulton Field in the third round.

Both times they were the underdog and lost only to the State Champion. The Playoffs are few and far between, and they definitely don't have the overall success NY has, but when they're good, they're good. They are usually always competitive, but have had some down years. This year, however, they have the same type team Coach Johnson has taken to previous playoffs. They are fairly big,very physical, with big backs and have good team speed. In 87 they had a 260 lb FB and a big TB. In 99 they had a tremendous runner in Josh Braden who later played small college ball.
This year he has several rugged players in Love, Magley, Johnson etc...
I still predict a big win by LU.

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

I will not have to say anything else after this game, I will let LU do the talking.
LU by 12.

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

Thanks for clearing up LU's Playoff history.. No one really knows what the outcome of this game will be but lets hope the bucks give the graduating seniors something to remember. Good Luck Bucks=] :122245

lilwitte21
Waterboy

Post by lilwitte21 »

LU should be able to handle NY's 1-2 punch as they have handled everyone elses rushing game. LU own 1-2 punch should be able to run rather easily once the lions open up the field with the passing game. I will take LU by 32. 38-6 If this game does come down to the wire LU has the advantage in the kicking game.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

lilwitte21 wrote:LU should be able to handle NY's 1-2 punch as they have handled everyone elses rushing game. LU own 1-2 punch should be able to run rather easily once the lions open up the field with the passing game. I will take LU by 32. 38-6 If this game does come down to the wire LU has the advantage in the kicking game.

WELL is it a blow out or a close game.Ny would like to know,So we dont waste our time SHOWING UP FOR 4 QUARTERS.GO BUCKEYES.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I just come from BUTCHEL BIG BUCKEYE STORM BREWING.BUCKEYES ROLL

lilwitte21
Waterboy

Post by lilwitte21 »

The 5-5 D6 Harvest Prep School i remind you had a tough early schedule Independence D2R7 went 7-3, Marion Local D5R20 8-2, and Eastmoor Academy D3R12 9-1. All three of these teams are in the playoffs.
And NY Bucks fan 38-6 is my prediction, but the game could easily be close or NY pulling away. My point was that if it came down to kicking LU has the advantage

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

good luck to our Mid State League friends at Liberty Union.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Cal preps Prediction
Liberty Union 35
N-Y 17

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Man oh man,there isn't hardly any trash talking going on,I'm impressed! :122246 This is wierd, this is the playoff's and no smack talkin, make's this nice to read posts.
Lion fan's bring earmuff's cause that damm cannon is loud and it is right beside you, makes you jump out of your pant's when you are not expecting it,seen it happen to my team's fan's,it was funny though!And 1 more thing,buy a Buckeye Bash ticket,nice prize's,buying mine soon.Go Buck's 8)

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

The Bucks are tough at Boston field, and if they play to their full potential they will come out on top. Good luck Buckeyes

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

The Buckeyes are a different and better team after playing Ironton... things have changed, that game, it was a growing point, made the bucks better youll see, its even better now that thunder is back in the mix 8)

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

just heard bishtakes sayon the radio that there is a pep rally thursday evening Spook the lions at 7at Dave Boston Field in Nelsonville kiddies come in costumes to the field all revved up they are passing out candy and all kinds of goodies!!!

put signs out support N-Y !!!! GO BUCKS!!! Good Job bishtakes!!!!

Make sure to buy your tickets for $7 N-Y gets some of the $$$$ buy at the door $9.00 the school gets nothing!!

bucks4life
Waterboy

Post by bucks4life »

This one worries me. 3-7 Bloom Carroll beat Athens and Vinton county by simlar scores to what NY did and Liberty beat Bloom 28-0 and held them to practically no yards. Says a lot about our league when a MSL team goes 3-7 and two of the wins are against our teams.

Liberty also beat Berne Union 42-0, a team that we lost to handily. They completely shut down the Speelman kid.

They are big, strong and fast and have a lot of weapons. We can't focus on one or two guys.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

NY BUCKS wrote:I Can Honestly say the winner of this game ,More than likely wins the REGION.Lets go BUCKEYES!!!

You have to be kidding me! I looke for West, Burg, or Columbus Bishop Ready

Return to “Football”