Playoffs D6 R24 (7-3) Springfield Catholic @ (9-1) East

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Re: Playoffs D6 R24 (7-3) Springfield Catholic @ (9-1) East

Post by NICKNEVADA »

We are a more confident squad, this is what has helped Burg over the years, love them or hate them they expect to win and they do. As far as scheduling, we have played some good D6 teams, I would just like to see us play a Valley or Minford this year to see how good we are. It would have been interesting!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

wermarshall1 wrote:I think that what nicknevada is trying to say is that there is now an EXPECTATION to win......it's a strength of feeling we haven't had for awhile.

One thing I do not understand is the question of scheduling....I agree ours could've benn stronger, but if the points weren't there, we wouldn't have made the playoffs, right? The SOC1 has been pretty weak for a couple of years, it's just a cyclical thing. Anyway, good luck to all SOC teams in the playoffs!GO BLUE!!!

I agree and that makes all the difference in the world. You can tell by the way they carry themselves that they are confident and expect to win. I wish there was more support from Sciotoville though. There were a lot more fans from East than Notre Dame, but the East side should have been packed. Hopefully it will be Friday since it is the only game in the county.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

3sportSeason wrote:East comes out flat and then pretty much completely flatlines instead of being up for the game after no fan support from the community of surrounding area fans do not get into the game.

Springfield Cath. 48
East 13

Apparently U have never been to an East game if U think we have no fan support.And for East playing flat then flatlining???? :lol: :lol: :lol:And if not one fan was in the seats these boys feed off of each other's enthusiasm!!!!

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

NICKNEVADA wrote:We are a more confident squad, this is what has helped Burg over the years, love them or hate them they expect to win and they do. As far as scheduling, we have played some good D6 teams, I would just like to see us play a Valley or Minford this year to see how good we are. It would have been interesting!

My sentiments exactly.I was at East's first game Thursday this year,then at Burg:Ironton the next night.What shocked me the most was how well East stacked up with these two teams.As a matter of fact that night I said "darn I didn't realize how good East really was".And every week East just reinforces that opinion.We have so many different playmakers on this team, on both sides of the ball, that contribute to every game and EXPECT TO WIN!!!!
I really didn't say darn :lol:

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

http://www.southernohiosportsphotos.com ... 4413_6mPh4 I think this will take U to pictures showing the LEAP!!!

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

http://www.southernohiosportsphotos.com ... N7pt#P-4-9 here are photos of our "flat team" The personal effort by Bradford (21)to score this td,and believe me, it was a dodgem and drag em effort is reflected by his teammates response.By the way he is only a sophomore.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

http://www.southernohiosportsphotos.com ... 8920_uavZj had to get some of the QB in here too :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess I can say he tucked the ball well.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I love East's uniforms, esp. the helmets. That leap was sweet.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

3sportSeason wrote:East comes out flat and then pretty much completely flatlines instead of being up for the game after no fan support from the community of surrounding area fans do not get into the game.

Springfield Cath. 48
East 13

Go milk a goat.

East has great fans !!!!!!

I'll take East by 2 scores. 40 gets 4 QB sacks and 1 gets 6 QB sacks.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:

Springfield Cath. 48
East 13

Go milk a goat.

Are you sure 1 will get 6 sacks....he may not even start the game as 1

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The_Sports_Junky wrote:

Springfield Cath. 48
East 13

Go milk a goat.

Last time I watched S.C.C. play they did not throw 10 total passes which leads me to believe no way will East get that many sacks.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

battlecats wrote:I love East's uniforms, esp. the helmets. That leap was sweet.

Thank you battlecats for the complement on the helmets! Those decals are the creation of myself, Coach Bond and Eric Dingess! We created them for the helmets last season and I had them sent off and digitaly enhanced and what you see now is the end result! Pretty amazing if I may say so myself!

When we created the Axe-N-Shield symbol; we wanted something different; something unique! We had the script "East", the block "E". We even had a star that looked like the Cowboys! Everything in the decal represents something with our football program. The Axe is the "T" for Tartans. The "E" across the handle stands for East. It resembles a weapon as well! Four cracks in the shield around the outside represents the other 4 SOC teams in our conference. The 12 tovots in the shield represent the 11 players on the field and the 12th one is the players on the sidelines or the fans in the stands! In the middle of the axe blade is a Celtic symbol that represents "Brotherhood"!

We had no idea that it would catch on as rapidly as it has! As with everything, some of the alumni do not like it and prefer the old! But, like we said; it's not to replace the Tartan mascot! It is an athletic exclusive symbol used mainly for football! The school is thinking about adopting it though for athletics!

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

Good luck Tartans.

Waterboy

Post by 6886 »

Gentlemen, stop and ask yourselfs three SOCs in a row? Really? How many of you woke up early scratched your nuts ,yawned and said DAM! Two a days are starting and I have to get up and go to the dam bottoms and get sweaty ,sticky ,ugly and stinky. And despite all the bull that you have to endure ,the parents and fans alike start a whole bunch of drama that you also have to endure ,that you as a whole obviously overlooked and kept focused and set a new standard for future TARTANS, to walk on the ALLARD PARK and say lets see what happens. No predictions,No trash talk,No misunderstanding I believe history has not been made yet. Last game, heads popped off ,players were high jumped and a team set a new standard! Try to top your last performance and win or lose good job. GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!!

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

In the 25 years I have watched Tartan football, this is without a doubt the fastest team and most former players I have talked to agree! We have always had 2-3 fast guys but from top to bottom it's not even close. A former teammate of mine grades the game film and he totally agrees with me. As far as our confidence level, we have and always will be hard nosed teams but it is easy to see that the Burg winning attitude has been added.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

we are not just 24 hours from kick off...the Tartans have had a good week of practice and the field is being worked on as we speak still. Now is the time for the Tartan football team to go out and prove to everyone who believes that SCC will come into Sciotoville and leave with a win they are wrong. Go out there tomarrow night hit hard, wrap up when tackling, and make sure they know you hit them when on defense....on offense open up holes for the backs big enough a mack truck could fit through, stick with those blocks, if the pass if not there and you have a chance to tuck it and run do it.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Tartans-bring a win to the SOC I!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Go Tartans! Good Luck!

wermarshall1
Riding the Bench

Post by wermarshall1 »

To ALL the Tartan players:
Now is YOUR time....you've won your third straight SOC crown, there is no doubt as to who the best team in our conference has been, and you have given this community great pride in YOUR accomplishments. But Oct.31st belongs to you.....you can and you WILL make history on YOUR field, on THAT night! Once you've made history, it belongs to you forever, no one, no matter what, can ever take it away. You've played like the men you are, tough, hard and with a chip on your shoulder! Take it to em on the 31st, bust em up, run through em and do it again the next week! YOUR COMMUNITY LOVES YOU!!!!

RIP EM UP, TEAR EM UP, GIVE EM HELL EAST!!!!

GO BLUE!!!

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Good luck East tonight.

Return to “Football”