Playoffs D6 R24 (7-3) Springfield Catholic @ (9-1) East

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Re: Playoffs D6 R24 (7-3) Springfield Catholic @ (9-1) East

Post by NICKNEVADA »

Hood will be on target tonight. On defense we need to be accurate when we use our blitzes. If they can pass as well as I have heard and their back is tough we cannot overplay and give up a 100 yd game. If they control the clock and keep our weapons unloaded it may be a 20-13 loss for us, but if we keep them in check and score early I still see a 27-17 type win. Go Tartans! # 22 better hit somebody!!! or I am hitting him. Hit someone Nathan!!I know you will!!

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

My weekly post,defense will be fast and deadly,Hood and company will make sure the points are there.

East 28
SC 7

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

GOOD LUCK EAST

Pull it out not many people took East in the picks contest, so I hope this will be one win for me.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

The Tartans are the reigning; 2006, 2007, 2008 SOC I Champions!

"There Is No Doubt!"

Bring home the win tonight against Springfield Catholic and the community is going to tear down both goal post tonight!

jenna's daddy
Waterboy

Post by jenna's daddy »

I seen East play Green.....the are in trouble!!! they can pass alittle but their schedule isnt great ans Cartholic did play a better schedule Catholic 25 East 13

Derf
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf »

any score?

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

East is up at the half 19-7.Last second TD for SCC before the half.

Derf
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf »

battlecats wrote:East is up at the half 19-7.Last second TD for SCC before the half.

thanks, can you keep us updated?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

SCC just scored with about 2 min to go in the 3rd . 19-14 East up

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

TD SCC 22-19 SCC

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Yes!!!!
Sorry east fans it's nothing personal but I have longed followed Catholic and gained so much respect for them last season when they faced Newark Catholic.

No I am not Catholic.

Stryker
Riding the Bench

Post by Stryker »

Catholic 22
East 19

3 min. left

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

TD SCC EXTRA POINT NO GOOD SCC 28 EAST 19 2:13 TO GO

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

the two missed extra points hurt East, SCC did a nice job to adjusting at half. I was a little suprised to see East not come out after the half and throw the ball a little more than they did. Next season the Tartans should be able to get back to the playoff and hopefully another home game...they return alot from this years team and the young kids got some good playing time, hopefully the 8th graders will get in the weight room and get ready for next year.

Axe N Shield
Varsity

Post by Axe N Shield »

Congratulations to Springfield Central Catholic Irish! Nice come from behind victory.

This in my opinion was a very close and good game to watch! I would have rather the outcome be the other way but, it was a very hard fought game for both teams! I think both teams played a very clean and showed great sportsmanship towards one another.

I think the biggest downfall of the Tartans this season is the fact that our non-conference schedule is weak. We can't do much about our conference schedule but, we darn sure could improve our non-conference schedule; to prepare for the playoffs! I don't think it would be to any SOC I teams advantage to accept a Manchester into our conference! They need to prove that they can compete as independents first and then request for acceptance.

East may have to travel a little to get the quality non-conference games that are needed to prepare for the playoffs! In the past we have traveled as far as 3 to 3-1/2 hrs. to play other teams; we may need to do this again instead of scheduling the first team that will fill the spot! I don't envy any person that has a position of an AD! Because you can't satisfy all the people all of the time! But, that's just it... forget the people and the fans; it's all about the PROGRAM!

Back to the game; Seniors... you hold your heads high! You have nothing to be ashamed of! You guys have established the very first football program at East High School! All of the seasons before you; were just teams! You guys have pioneered a program and set a standard and bar of how East football should be! You have delivered many first for Tartan football! FIRST - Back to Back SOC Championships! FIRST - 3-Peat SOC Championships! FIRST - Home field playoff game! FIRST - Back to Back home playoff games! FIRST - Team to ever wear the AXE-N-SHIELD! FIRST - Group to ever win 12 straight SOC I games!

You guys have clearly "Left NO Doubt" what Tartan football is all about!

To the underclassmen... you have some mighty big shoes to fill! Get in the weightroom in the off-season and work your tales off and next season win a FOURTH straight SOC I Championship; THIRD straight playoff appearance and a homefield game; and most of all... FIRST playoff win!

CHAMPIONS ARE MADE IN THE OFF SEASON!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Axe N Shield,
Great post. I agree with the non-league schedule.
I would love to see you guys and Newark Catholic hook up in the regular season.

I have heard that one of the non-league teams is off the schedule for Newark Catholic and another will be the following year.

These two really need to get together and sign a four-year deal. Two home and two away.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Congrats on a great season for East!

RogueWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by RogueWarrior »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Axe N Shield,

I have heard that one of the non-league teams is off the schedule for Newark Catholic and another will be the following year.

These two really need to get together and sign a four-year deal. Two home and two away.

Yes, yes indeed. The Tartans found out what happens outside of the small SOC division. If you play newark catholic it will be a loss so I wouldnt schedule them. Sounds like East should have changed their game plan if Springfield had 8 and 9 defenders in the box. The skippers little buddy Gilligan would have known to make a change.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

ThurstonHowellIII wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:Axe N Shield,

Yes, yes indeed. The Tartans found out what happens outside of the small SOC division. If you play newark catholic it will be a loss so I wouldnt schedule them. Sounds like East should have changed their game plan if Springfield had 8 and 9 defenders in the box. The skippers little buddy Gilligan would have known to make a change.
In the past I would agree the Green Wave would take East but after this season things are not what they were and that could make this match up very good for both teams I.M.O.

Return to “Football”