2009 Warren Football

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: 2009 Warren Football

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Schenk11:

I know that you, Coach Schob and all the staff have things hopping in Marietta. Coach Schob is great at motivating the players. I hope we do put Washington County on the map this year. The game between Marietta and Warren should be a good one! We'll get to see you guys in the 7on7 league this summer too. This all represents progress.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Anything new for the Big Blue?

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfootballer »

blah
Last edited by warriorfootballer on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WHSBaller27
Waterboy

Post by WHSBaller27 »

Well some of us are getting sick and tried of being told what to do by the coaches when most of the kids there haven't missed any days of lifting! the coaches need to go out and get the kids who never are there lol thats just me talking though.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Okay, let's see what kind of progress we are making. Here are the varsity players I could think of off the top of my head. Please don't be offended if I forgot you, this was just from memory. The stats are just guesstimates. Please add any names that are missing and post the correct stats for these folks (height/weight).

Warren 2009 Roster

Seniors:
*Alfred (6'4",235)
*Arbuckle (6'0,205)
*Mason
*Wolfe (6'0",210)
*Pritt (5'10",190)
*Ellenwood (6'2",200)
Coffman
*Arnold
*Yocum
Zoller
Singer

Juniors:
*Venham (6'3",205)
*Timberman (6'0",240)
Root
Hilverding
*Hendrix (5'11",220)
*Greathouse (6'1",300)
Morrison
Church
Cowan
Rabourn

Sophomores:
Harlow
Henthorn
Lane

*Letterman
Last edited by warrnwarriorfan on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

tvcfan1
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan1 »

Well warren better get ready for Belpre this year

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Warren IS getting ready. I'm not going to talk smack against Belpre because I have too many close friends from Belpre and I like the kids. I will say this, the Belpre players need to be in the weight room if they want to have a chance of beating Warren. Warren has many kids that are lifting everyday in Athletic Fitness (a class) and then are lifting two more hours after school 4 times a week.

I know I say it every year, but every year it has been true. This is not the same Warren football. The team is not going have anyone that shows up in August to play. They are all working right now, and as a team they are bigger and stronger than they have been in recent memory.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:Okay, let's see what kind of progress we are making. Here are the varsity players I could think of off the top of my head. Please don't be offended if I forgot you, this was just from memory. The stats are just guesstimates. Please add any names that are missing and post the correct stats for these folks (height/weight).

Seniors:
Alfred (6'4",235)
Arbuckle (6'0,205)
Mason
Wolfe (6'0",210)
Pritt (5'10",190)
Ellenwood (6'2",200)
Coffman
Arnold
Yocum
Zoller
Singer

Juniors:
Venham (6'3",205)
Timberman (6'0",240)
Root
Hilverding
Hendrix (5'11",220)
Greathouse (6'1",260)
Morrison

Sophomores:
Harlow
Henthorn
Lane

Let me help you out on some more people/info

This might shock you, but Greathouse is now a solid 300 and can squat over 400. Cody Church is another junior that has been working hard from time to time. Still would love to see marcus mayle out, i haven't heard anything on his status yet. I know that he is throwing shot and disc for track right now. Camryn Rabourn came from FF. A junior who is pretty strong for his size, and quick too. Camryn Cowhen is planning on playing this year too. Tall kid who is fast (runs the 100 and 200) and can can jump! Joey Lane keeps on getting bigger and has got a shot of being a good player this year on the D-Line. Jace Knost (freshman) told pifer he was considering playing, and got the okay from his doctor (has diabetes). He could make for a solid tight end in a year or 2. There are probably more but for the time being that's all i can think of. If i get any more information I will be sure to fill u guys in

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

A couple other things as side notes:

A third scrimmage has been added to this year's schedule. Should be interesting to see who warren is able to get. More practice can't hurt. Also warren is now a D-II team, does anyone know the region and such? Passing scrimmages start in June at Marietta College.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

They would more than likely be in Region 7 with Marietta, Logan, and Zanesville if they are DII.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

air4ce1: Ask around and get the other stats for me if you have time.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Here's a tidbit for you all to chew on. Welsh is out at Eastern and very likely will be in as an Assistant for Warren. This should be fun........for the Warrior Faithful. :? :?

Also Don't forget the freshman Buck.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfootballer »

blah
Last edited by warriorfootballer on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

7072 wrote:Here's a tidbit for you all to chew on. Welsh is out at Eastern and very likely will be in as an Assistant for Warren. This should be fun........for the Warrior Faithful. :? :?

Also Don't forget the freshman Buck.

Say what you want, but the guy knows football.

??? Don't forget the freshman Buck??? Explain

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

If Welsh rejoins the program I think it would be excellent. It's nice to have the "football" people in the Warren community working together for the first time in a long time. The players have no idea of the history that most of the current coaches have with the program, nor do they care. This team has a chance to move the program forward a step or two more and we need our football folks participating. It would be nice if everyone could set aside the old disagreements and get on with it. I'm looking forward to the season.

I was told that the passing session on Tuesday was the best yet.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

warrnwarriorfan wrote:If Welsh rejoins the program I think it would be excellent. It's nice to have the "football" people in the Warren community working together for the first time in a long time. The players have no idea of the history that most of the current coaches have with the program, nor do they care. This team has a chance to move the program forward a step or two more and we need our football folks participating. It would be nice if everyone could set aside the old disagreements and get on with it. I'm looking forward to the season.

I was told that the passing session on Tuesday was the best yet.

^^^^ is that legal????

I wish Mr. Welsh well back at Warren. I don't think he understood who really runs things at Eastern. He does seem to know the game, but he butted heads too many times with the one who calls the shots. :12224

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

No coaches are involved in the passing workouts, so it is perfectly legal. Warren understands the rules and is careful to abide by them.

Jimmy Buck weighs 230+. There are several new players out at the Freshman level. The program is moving in the right direction.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

Is Jimmy Buck a move in?

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Nope. Just a big kid who is going to play football.

He might have played in the youth league, but he didn't play last year.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

:122246 Could Warren actually have a solid "Big" line????? Well big for Warren anyway, more protection for the and solid blocking for the RB's would be a pleasant event, especially for the guys back there who have at times been running for their lives. Warren has had to for lack of better words had to use some people at the line positions that wern't actually linemen. But they always gave their best just many times were outmanned. Here's hoping that Warreb has turned a corner and the upcoming classes are football minded.

Return to “Football”