2009 Warren Football

eagledad
Freshman Team

Re: 2009 Warren Football

Post by eagledad »

my understanding is that it is another scrimmage, but "game-like". i heard schools could charge admission and bands play and the whole nine yards. also heard that a portion of the proceeds go to the state, don't that for a fact though ?!

eagledad
Freshman Team

Post by eagledad »

sorry, left out a word

don't know that for a fact though

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

eagledad is right. It's a "game conditions" scrimmage that can be used as a fundraiser because admission is charged. It will be pretty much like an actual game except it won't count. Not sure about any money going to the state.

Warren is going to try to have Maysville scrimmage the Jr. High and Freshman teams as well.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren needs to get Coach Bayles in the school system and on the football staff. He did a great job as the baseball coach for his first season under less than ideal conditions...late start, weather, etc.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

I agree that Bayles would be a good addition to an already strong staff, but he already has a job at defending WV state champion Williamstown, and there currently isn't a paid opening on the Warren staff.

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

I must say I just joined on this site but have been on JJ's for awhile so here goes, the scoop on Pifer is he will probably drop the AD job as they are giving it to someone already in the school and he will be the assitant principal with the departure of Mr.Carter and yes he does have 1 year left on his contract so we will have to wait and see what happens. It would be great to have Bayles as a coach on the team but I know for a fact he is committed to coach at Williamstown.
Now on to some numbers , it looks as if the junior high program will have possibly in excess of 40+ on the team this coming year , this goes to show what a youth football program can do for you so hats off to the boys coming out.
There is continued talk about the implosion of the SEOAL with Ironton leaving in 2010 and Portsmouth talking of going to the SOC, we alreadt have Z-ville leaving and now talk of Marietta applying to the OVAC and possibly Gallia thinking of leaving and also Jackson talking of applying to the TVC, looks like the silly season of talk of changes has begun.

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Bigbluefan,

Not sure how accurate your information is but I have heard Pifer can/will retire in November or Jan. And he will be AD and asst. principal. Besides, they can't just give someone the AD job without posting it for all teachers in the district to apply for it!

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

Teach123, thanks for the info, you know how things can get missed in talking to someone else, but the part about the AD job it does have to posted to the teachers correct,if it does who would be a good choice to get it ?Just curious.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Let me give both you gentlemen a piece of info:

Mr. Pifer already holds the dual titles of AD and assistant principal, and has since he came to Warren. True, he has a year left on his contract, and because he isnt a teacher he could choose to retire after football season or in January. But whether or not they fill Mr. Carter's job as the assistant principal in charge of discipline, Coach Pifer will be in the AD's office at Warren this coming year.

And yes, the AD job would have to be posted to the teachers before being opened, but it makes no sense for Coach Pifer to move into Mr. Carter's job and a new AD to come in without a transition plan in place. Throwing a new AD into Warren's situation (unstable league...etc.) without a grace period is an unwise idea, which is why it makes sense that Coach Pifer will stay on at least one more year in the AD role.

coal miner's son
Freshman Team

Post by coal miner's son »

Also, the AD does not have to be an administrator. A teacher could be the AD. Teach a few periods in the morning and work the rest of the day with AD stuff.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

bigbluedad wrote: we alreadt have Z-ville leaving and now talk of Marietta applying to the OVAC

Marietta is not going to the OVAC.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

The AD's job is an administrator job now it was changed to this after Fouss retired. Heard a rumor that this may change back to a teacher contract job, but this is just a rumor. Also someone has been spending some time with the V-P and rumor has it that he may have been hired to take that position. remember that rumor's will be flying around everywhere with the economy and what the state budget and strickland is doing. Well back to football. Looks like some of the bigger freshmen that didi not play or did not have the grades will be out next fall which is a good sign.

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Glad to hear that things are on the up and up in Warrior Land. Can't wait for the trip to Warrior Stadium, should be a great game like last year.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

It is going to be a good game. Lots of personnel changes for Marietta. Having a new QB will be a big challenge. Someone told me Marietta is not going to be in the spread?!

Marietta will come to play, but I think the Warriors have a real shot at ending the Tiger winning streak.

It will be here before you know it!

Bigbluewarriorfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Bigbluewarriorfan »

Who will be warrens QB they don't got a good leading job yet. Dylan is what I hear has the best arm and brain for the game.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfootballer »

blah
Last edited by warriorfootballer on Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Who is this Dylan boy ? Is he a move in or first year player ?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Dylan is Dylan Leffingwell, an eighth grader who will be coming to the HS this fall...very talented QB but there IS a big difference in the skill levels of the defenses from jr. hi to HS football.

Clay's worked his butt off all year, has greatly improved his arm, his reaction time, and knowledge of the game. Unless something unexpected happens Clay will be Warren's starter for 2009. Dylan, no doubt, is the QB of the future, and Warren football definitely needs to keep preparing for the future, but it's Clay's chance to shine.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

Bigbluewarriorfan wrote:Who will be warrens QB they don't got a good leading job yet. Dylan is what I hear has the best arm and brain for the game.

No offense so leff but putting him at starting QB on the varsity level as a freshman would be the absolute worst thing to do. First off, he has no experienct whatsoever at the varsity level. Sure, he was a very successful QB in Jr. high and yes he is very talented, as yes he might very well turn out to be a very fine QB but for the present season, NO. Jr. high is slow pace, varsity is not. Throw him in as JV QB for a season, see how he does, and come next year evaluate his play and then decide if he is ready. Also, QB is the leader of the offense on the field whether you believe that or not. They are the ones that make the calls, the mediator from the coach to the rest of the offense. The QB has to have respect from the other players as well. Clay, I believe, has earned that respect. He is in the weight room and is no doubt one of, if not the hardest worker on the team. He has been there at the QB position his whole life. Started last year and no doubt improved as the year progressed. He has gotten much stronger than last year and has the experience of being the varsity QB. I question if a freshman can come in at the very beginning of the year, brand new to everything, and make the key, quick decisions that have to be made playing against people that are 2 or 3 years older and more mature than he is.

darKnight
Riding the Bench

Post by darKnight »

warren 2009 football schedule

thu june 25 passing league @ marietta college
fri june 26 7 on 7 in wellston

every thu in july passing league @ marietta college
fri july 24 7 on 7 @ home
mon july 27 to fri july 31 team camp
mon aug 3 1st practice
sat aug 8 first day of contact