Playoffs D5 R19 (8-2) Ridgewood @ (10-0) Portsmouth West

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

west-siders-88
Waterboy

Re: Playoffs D5 R19 (8-2) Ridgewood @ (10-0) Portsmouth West

Post by west-siders-88 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:St Henry was an 8 seed a few years back and only got in the playoffs because of the Burg beating Schroder Padeia and they went on to win the title rather easily, so yes, seeding doesn't really mean much.

THATS TRUE. WHO EVER THOUGHT THAT WEST IN 02 WOULD GO FROM SEVEN SEED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AFTER AN (8-2) SEASON.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

Just because us fans get on here and talk trash doesn't mean that are boys are overlooking Ridgewood.....cause I can bet you they are working their a$$ off this week. They are a Rowdy group people and they will show what they are about....so if you don't believe what are West fans are saying....? Then you will soon find out!!! 8)

believer in the 3HM
Waterboy

Post by believer in the 3HM »

Believe me, I have a family member that plays for West. They are not looking past Ridgewood at all. If anything they are looking right at them, studying and getting ready to play.

West 28
Ridgewood 14

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

3 more days...LETS GO WEST!!

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

The line has opened up at West -14

Total is 42

I think West should sign their head coach to an extended contract. Great weightroom guy and hard nosed coach. He fits the model on the West Side to a T.
I am looking forward to this game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

85inside wrote:The line has opened up at West -14

Total is 42

I think West should sign their head coach to an extended contract. Great weightroom guy and hard nosed coach. He fits the model on the West Side to a T.

Well I will tell ya, I spent some time by Triplett on the sideline of the Minford/West game. He is in no way shape or form easy on the kids and he is very active and focused on every play. He was in their hind ends until the ball crossed the goal line, and even in a few of them on those plays.

But he seemed to always reward their good behavior too. I bet he is tough to handle in practice.

West definitely has a good coach who is willing to put in the effort and time to make it happen.

Good luck from Minford this weekend.

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

[quote=yeah... its about time we got one..."Bleeding Red"]
85inside wrote:The line has opened up at West -14

Total is 42

Well I will tell ya, I spent some time by Triplett on the sideline of the Minford/West game. He is in no way shape or form easy on the kids and he is very active and focused on every play. He was in their hind ends until the ball crossed the goal line, and even in a few of them on those plays.

But he seemed to always reward their good behavior too. I bet he is tough to handle in practice.

West definitely has a good coach who is willing to put in the effort and time to make it happen.

Good luck from Minford this weekend.[/quote]

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

When I played for coach T we were more violent and physical in practice than in games almost. Practice how you play and ruthless agression is the only way to explain it. I'm sure he's refined his style and learned new tricks over the years but the underlying focus will always be the same, don't just beat your man, dominate him, then move on and impose your will on the next guy before the ref blows the whistle. :122249

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

West-23.5, 44

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

for fun of course!

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

lets go west lets get the rock a rockin on saturday

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

Don't worry...it'll be rocking alright. The Sid Staggs train horn will be busy all night long!!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

roy wrote:14u,
First off its Ridgewood.... i know how physical Ridgewood is and believe me they are more physical than the ovc (which is who west plays before confrence play starts) and bigger than minford... All im trying to say is west shuldnt underestamate anyone now because its not lose and come back next week its win or go home....

Ridge had better tackle low, or you will be run over. Ridge had better run low, or you will be tackled.

This will be a great game!

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

I just seen Ridgewood on here against Shadyside and other than #5 and #21 I wasn't too impressed...? All I have to say is they better learn to pass and do it fast!! I tell you we have 3 backs better than #21 Young... why do you think they are called "THREE HEADED MONSTER".... but I truely can say that with confidence now that I have seen him (Young) this year. I seen him last year against Burg, but 1 year can be a big difference (obviously). I just wanna wish Ridgewood a safe trip here and a safe trip back and hope you have a great time here in Southern Ohio. Good Luck!!! :122249

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

Interesting quote from ridgewood coach" There 10-0 but I'm not sure how good they really are." Ouch!

This is what it said on other thread....ok now this is the kinda stuff that makes me mad!!! This guy has never even seen them or anything and he's gonna make a statement like that?? Well, listen up pal....they are 10-0 and I bet any amount of money you want that you will find out how good they really are I can promise you that!!!! I can't wait until Saturday now. Here it is we are finally getting some respect from the Fans up there and there coach goes and makes a statement like that...?!?!? I mean how good do you gotta be to go 10-0....???? If this is what he thinks he will get the shock of a lifetime when he gets here on Saturday!!!

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

QB4 wrote:Interesting quote from ridgewood coach" There 10-0 but I'm not sure how good they really are." Ouch!

This is what it said on other thread....ok now this is the kinda stuff that makes me mad!!! This guy has never even seen them or anything and he's gonna make a statement like that?? Well, listen up pal....they are 10-0 and I bet any amount of money you want that you will find out how good they really are I can promise you that!!!! I can't wait until Saturday now. Here it is we are finally getting some respect from the Fans up there and there coach goes and makes a statement like that...?!?!? I mean how good do you gotta be to go 10-0....???? If this is what he thinks he will get the shock of a lifetime when he gets here on Saturday!!!

Thats the their mentality up there. All those teams up there think they are better than the teams down here. Well they made a along trip down here last year to get beat by Wheelersburg and i think they are going to be making that long trip down here to get beat by West.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Don't sweat it, he's going to be checking in gear come monday.

The Punisher
Riding the Bench

Post by The Punisher »

Let's go Senators!!!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Good luck West.............make it a long bus ride home for them!

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

Is this game ever going to get here? Hoping for a cold, dry, hard hitting West win!

Return to “Football”