Round 2 Ironton vs. New Lexington at JACKSON

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

dr awkward
Waterboy

Re: Round 2 (8-3) Ironton vs. (10-1) New Lexington

Post by dr awkward »

It should be Jackson but that is logical and you are dealing with the OHSAA :-D :-D Burg in Chilli on Saturday night runs into the same problem that Logan would have hosting a Friday night game. Chillicothe plays Logan Elm Sat night no workers to man the field on Saturday.

When talking logical and OHSAA how does Chilli and LE play at Teays on Saturday? Why not Logan it would be neutral LE being the higher seed it would be closer and even though Logan is in the SEOAL with Chilli it is a new facility and Chilli has never played there, hince no unfair advantage. Teays is a grass field, same league as LE, and wasn't big enough for Westfall/Waverly last year now it's two teams a division higher. Oh well if the weather cooperates it won't be a big deal if its raining then it's a shame. Good luck Tigers and Chieftans in week 12.

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I will probably be called a traitor, since I am from an SEOAL area, but I have to take New Lex in this one. The 2nd place team (by a hair) of the MVL vs the fairly distant 3rd place team in our league. Makes sense to me. New Lex is known to have a passing game and Ironton looked weak in the Logan and NY games in that dept. (I watched both). Rain could be a factor though with I-town's size. Good luck to the Tigers.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I agree with Keyser, Jackson has the best stadium in southern Ohio,and could play back to back nights.
I hope so cause I will attend both and Im sure most area football fans will as well. :mrgreen:

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

I think the Ironton game will be in jackson on friday and I think the West game should be in jackson on Saturday night.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Taking Ironton but New Lex should pull it out

chiefswrestler2010
Riding the Bench

Post by chiefswrestler2010 »

For living close to new lex and playing for logan and playing against ironton and knowing the boys on new lex and their offense which is very similar to ours ironton will have a long night against the panthers go new lexington

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

chiefswrestler2010 wrote:For living close to new lex and playing for logan and playing against ironton and knowing the boys on new lex and their offense which is very similar to ours ironton will have a long night against the panthers go new lexington

So much support from the some of the SEOAL Logan Posters. :roll:

GO Ironton, I hope you succeed and show the unfaithful few from the North that I might add, cry if we don't support them in their playoff quest. I believe they have a serious test themselves this up-coming week.

We are behind you from Cavalier Land, go do the deed I-Town :!:

GO Ironton Fighting Tigers beat New Lexington and defend the SEOAL vs the MVL :!:

TheMan
Waterboy

Post by TheMan »

I pick ironton..new lex is over rated

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

I hope they put us at Jackson, but who knows! It wouldn't shock me if it was Lancaster or Groveport.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

theman wrote:I pick ironton..new lex is over rated

I agree 100%

Looking at the schedules, Ironton seemed to play as good if not better competition. Only game that worries me was the game vs. Sheridan where NL only lost by 7 and chilli got pounded...I know teams match up differently and also think that ironton if they play the right defense could stop just about anyone.

The games NL had against crooksville, hartley and tri-valley didn't impress me but again match-ups??? :?

Ironton is playing unstoppable offense...other than not being turnover free...so I say if ironton holds onto the ball and doesn't get into the soft zone as they did against logan and westfall's 1st half of the game...Ironton comes out and whoops up on NL...if they do the soft zone...well...we have seen the results...

Ironton will score alot of points in this one...can we hold NL...that is the question. :122245

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

New Lex runs the spread but they run more than Westfall did. They have a big strong QB and some quickness. They play good D not real big but pretty quick. If the tigers play good D the Tigers win in a close game if not it could be a long night. I think Ironton will have to pass a lot more than they did against the mustangs and hold on to the ball if they want to win. GO TIGERS and represent Law.Co. and bring home the W.

keyboard_hero
Waterboy

Post by keyboard_hero »

Supporting your team is one thing but to think New Lex is overrated? Wow.. And your schedule might have a BIT more power but you lost three. A good team finds a way to win, and yours didn't on more occasions. Tri-Valley, Hartely, and Sheridan all have great offenses. Nl gave up a total of 17 points to them. Their D is for real. Their O has struggled but is coming back around. This will not be a blow-out and should provide for a VERY good game to watch. New Lex will come out the victors because they know how to go into a game with a team that is better and win. And before any posts about how much bigger Ironton is, don't. It has happened all 11 weeks so far (saying the other team is bigger then NL) and it doesn't help much. Good luck to both and stay healthy, Panthers roll.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Go Tigers!!!!!! I hope this game is at Jackson, but as some have already mentioned the OHSAA could put us in Timbuktu and I would not be surprised.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Having seen both, I think New Lex wins in a nail biter.

ironton doesn't protect the football as well as they have in years passed, and New Lex has done a good job of moving away from the grind out game that got them destroyed against Bellaire a few years ago.

That being said, if Ironton holds on to the football I think they will do more than fine, but my experience leads me to believe that they will fumble deep in their own zone at some point.

as for the poster who mentioned having to Play Valley View in Dayton,
actually.

Ironton was an 8 seed, traveled to Cincinnati Wyoming where they won
Played at Portsmouth the next week, where they beat Cincinnati Indian Hills
then played again at Cincinnati Princeton where they beat Valley View, which isn't dayton but still was an hour closer for the spartans
then played Mooney at Zanesville
and eventually Perkins at MBPTS

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

For those that are complaining about where its at...be happy were still in it.

Go Tigers!!

Phil Howard
Waterboy

Post by Phil Howard »

It is official now. Our Athletic Director, Bob Kight was notified this morning. This game will be played in Jackson. In fact we will host this game on Friday and the Wheelersburg vs Liberty Union game on Saturday night. We are excited about the opportunity to display our facilities. We are also excited about being able to have our local businesses benefit from the potential 12,000 - 15,000 people ( depending on the weather of course) that will be coming to Jackson over the weekend. Most of these people will be eating in our restaurants and purchasing gas.
As you may or may not know, host schools do not get any of the gate money. In fact, host schools only make money from parking, and of course our support groups will benefit from the sale of concessions. We do receive a rental fee for use of the facility and we are reimbursed for the actual cost of security, ticket takers, custodial services, etc., so I don't want to sound as if we lose money, but trust me, the rental fee will basically cover the cost of burning the lights and the utilization of the restrooms.
Having said that, it is additional work for a school to host a tournament, but it is a good opportunity to show off our facility and to kind of repay our community for all the support they give us throughout the entire year. Mr. Kight has worked tirelessly to secure OHSAA tournaments at Jackson and his efforts have been rewarded.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I also have been told we are playing at Jackson.

BUCK I
Freshman Team

Post by BUCK I »

Im glad Jackson gets the 2 nights to show its stadium. It is by far the best new stadium that I have been to. You all have alot to be proud of.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

I was told Nelsonville may get NL -IRONTON GAME. :lol:

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Saw New Lex the other night for the first time this season. Lots of weapons in this bunch. They didn't throw it much because they didn't have to. And Cannon may be one of the best ball-handlers at QB I've seen in a long while.

Gonna be a lot of orange in that stadium on Friday. Wow!

Return to “Football”