Round 2 Ironton vs. New Lexington at JACKSON

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

pleasanttiger
SEO

Re: Round 2 Ironton vs. New Lexington at JACKSON

Post by pleasanttiger »

sprinter14 wrote:YTB, just a little info for ya.....I'm from Ironton, born and raised and a grad of IHS. Trust me, I KNOW it has been that way at Ironton......for too long. Jonathon does do a fine job, but it seems to me that schools with soccer programs have a kid who comes over to the football team and is a true "kicker", not a quarterback/punter/placekicker/shoe changer. I feel sorry for the kid. Especially if a playoff loss boils down to which team misses a PAT.

And no, I am NOT a fan of bringin in a kid from another school. I just think you could home grow one if the right program was in place. And yes, I do know a kid that can hit a 50 yarder......Chilli'c kicker came over from the soccer team and hit a 55 yarder at Jackson.

Who takes care of all these shoes for the TIGERS? Uh Gator, UhCockroach... No it's gotta be someone Coach Lutz has a lot of faith in . I don't know I guess I'll have to keep my eye on the shoe exchange this week.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

pleasanttiger wrote:
Who takes care of all these shoes for the TIGERS? Uh Gator, UhCockroach... No it's gotta be someone Coach Lutz has a lot of faith in . I don't know I guess I'll have to keep my eye on the shoe exchange this week.

PT, are you telling us Coach Bob doesn't have any faith in two of Ironton's most treasured sideline walkers...... :mrgreen:

pleasanttiger
SEO

Post by pleasanttiger »

Didn't say ANY I said A LOT! :shock: I've done some checking,via film and photos on irontonfootball.com, and I think the Harvey kid takes care of the shoes. I think his name is Andrew. ;-) :roll: ;-) Does a darn good job if I might say .

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

I'd have to with Ironton on this one.... :122245

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Ironton has had trouble in the first few weeks of the season with a quicker D-Line, but right now it looks like the O-Line is getting their 2nd wind. They have been punishing up front since that loss to Chili. This game will boil down to the same thing it has for the Tigers all season holding onto the ball. If we hold on to the ball we can beat anyone.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think this would be a great game to be on the regular season schedule for both teams. Lot's of similarities and community pride. Ironton, this would surely trump playing that Canadian team and think of the gates!

NLPanther
Waterboy

Post by NLPanther »

I guess I don't understand why kickers have to change their shoe... New Lex played Aaron Bates who never changed shoes and still busted 50+ yard field goals.. as for the game this reminds me of '06 when we played Martins Ferry. Everyone said "ohh the MVL is weaker than the Buckeye 8." and we ended up beating them by 14. By the way they had to take delay of game penalties after every TD because the kicker couldn't change shoes quick enough.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

There is a difference between kicking STRAIGHT ON with a round-toed football shoe and a square-toed shoe favored for that style of kicking. Mr. Bates was a soccer-stylist, as are most kids today.

Or didn't you notice the kid from Meigs run to the sideline to switch shoes the other night, since he was a straight-on kicker? They were pushing the issue after both of their TDs, too.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Good luck to the Fighting Tigers in Round 2.........If Ironton tightens up the D, they have a good chance to advance........New Lexington gave a good Portsmouth team with JoJo Parker all they could handle in the playoffs several years ago........we won only 20-17.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Good luck Tigers, get the job done and hopefully an injury free game for both teams.

lostgeneral
Riding the Bench

Post by lostgeneral »

I like New Lex in this one. They can do a lot of things on O and their defense is very solid. Ironton has quite a history, but looking at the schedules I think NL Wins.

Tiger Man
Varsity

Post by Tiger Man »

TIGERS all the way!!!

Lets Go TIGERS, Hit somebody!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS GO!!!!

maraudermom
Waterboy

Post by maraudermom »

Tigers vs. Panthers. Should be a great game. Don't let their size full ya the Panthers are quick and hit hard! Beware of 10 and 32, give them space to run and they will take it all the way! I'm rooting for the Souther OH team!! Go Tigers!!

I give a special congrats to the New Lex band/flag corp! Flags you got it!

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

pleasanttiger wrote:Didn't say ANY I said A LOT! :shock: I've done some checking,via film and photos on irontonfootball.com, and I think the Harvey kid takes care of the shoes. I think his name is Andrew. ;-) :roll: ;-) Does a darn good job if I might say .

It's Craig Harvey, not Andrew.

jkumpiretriesagain
Waterboy

Post by jkumpiretriesagain »

Marauder mom:

Thanks for the kind words about the NL Band and Flag Corps. I will pass it on!

Due to the miracle of DVD and easy to make film, both sides are an open book to each other by this time. Ironton is a very impressive team, and to go 7-3 in the SEOAL is very, very impressive. This will be a tough, tough game. With the game on turf in the rain it will be very interesting to see who gets the advantage.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

IRONTON 21 NEW LEXINGTON 14----matter of fact taking all 3 S.E.O.A.L. teams to advance... :roll: and thats the truth :lol: GOOD LUCK.........Tigers take this one...bird78 :shock: :-D :!:

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I have seen both teams in action this year against NY. I saw New Lex in a scrimmage so special teams was very limited. What I will point out is the effort that NY had to play with against Ironton to keep it close far exceeded the effort they put out against New Lex, both ended with a two score difference. Should be a great game but I think Ironton wears down the Panthers the same way they wore down the Buckeyes. Good Luck to both teams.

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

NY Played Ironton this year and i must say we did a good job till the second half. Ironton is a tough team however i did see new lexington play this past friday night and they played one heck of a game.Its going to be a hard fought,cannot quit till the game is over kind of game. But i believe New Lex is the stronger team and i look forward to New Lex winning and advancing to play another game in week 13=] GO PANTHERS!!Ill be there supporting=]

GO New Lex!!

Go #60=]]

keyboard_hero
Waterboy

Post by keyboard_hero »

#60 = personal hero (him and 74/46/whatever he wears next).

New Lex by 14! Believe and nothing can stop you. Let's go to region!

jarhead1967
Waterboy

Post by jarhead1967 »

well at jackson i will take my ironton tigers in this one jar head 1967

Return to “Football”