Post by whompascat »

l.u. 13
the burg 20

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Round 2 Wheelersburg vs. Liberty Union at Jackson

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

bigdaddyblitz wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:That is just great. I don't think it will be that bad of a drive for Liberty Union. Burg should be the home team since they are the higher seed. I look for Jackson stadium to be packed this Saturday.

I think that if Liberty Union goes to Lancaster, then down Rt.33 to RT. 93, it is 70.5 miles. Just go to google maps and then put in Baltimore to Jackson. Go under where it syas show options and click on advoid highways and it will show you this route. 93 can be a little curvy, but it is 55 all the way and you can make good time on it. It says 2hours and 20 minutes, but I think if you can't drive 70 miles faster than that, that you shouldn't be on the road.

Here is to a safe trip for both communities and here is also to an injury free game for both.

Good luck Pirates.

I agree, great location.This LU fan ain't belly-achin. Ive been to JAckson as a coach and a spectator. Its a great place. Even if we traveled down 23 to 35, you can get to Chilli in exactly 50 minutes with the new by-pass around Lancaster and then shoot down 35, although 33 to 93 would be the quicker route,but that 93 really wasnt built for a bus.lol. Either way, it's fine, b/c the trip for you guys isn't the best. Those roads getting you up to 32 are pretty curvy, but your used to it.lol These LU boys are used to corn fields up here in Fairfield County.
This is a great match-up. The burg is a very good program. The Lions are used to playing top-notch prgrams in the past few years-Newark Cath, Amanda, West Jeff. Yes, we may have the size advantage, but you aint foolin me.I've seen the Burg several times in the past 10 years, and I know they always have quick, smash-mouth players.I definitely want my Alma-Mater to win, but it ain't gonna be easy.Good luck to both teams on an injury free game. GO LIONS! As afr as what to expect, bishtakes explained it quite well. We have a ver good backfield, especially Dustin Love with Magley the FB leading the way.The Weaver boy at wing back is pretty good. The coaches son, Sam Johnson is enormous, along with the MaCafee kid. Dan Johnson, the HC is an old school unbalanced wing-t fan.You will see variations of this with a wing back and some unbalanced, then the next play they'll be in the shotgun running the oh-so-popular "zone read". The QB is big but very athletic and will run when he has to. Come crunch time, expect him to line up and try to run it down your throat.Thats just what hes used to doing. Gonna be a doozy!

Great post. I was just going off of what a lot of LU fans were saying on the huddle. I don't think this game could have been played anywhere else.

Looks like this will one of the toughest teams that the Burg has played all year. They sound alot like Waverly of last year and also sound alot like Porstmouth West of this year. If LU underestimates the Burg because of there lack of size, they will be in for a rude awakening. This Burg team brings it for 4 qtrs. This should be a heck of a 2nd round matchup. First time meeting between the two schools so that is always good when you get to see a team you've never played before. That is what makes the playoffs so great.

Good luck Pirates. Bring home the victory and march on to week 13.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Did BURG pass any more the last game against Minford?? They will need to if they want to go the distance...I know speed kills but trying to run the ball every down against these bigger teams such as Liberty Union and West can only get you so far.

lilwitte21
Waterboy

Post by lilwitte21 »

If it comes down to the kicking game LU has the edge by a mile. Tennant kept the Buckeyes inside the 20 almost every kick. He also has a pretty good leg and is capable of a 50+ yarder if he hits it clean. LU's offense should be able to keep wheelersburg's D guessing all game. I think the game will come down to if LU's D will be able to hold Wheelersburg's Offense. Expect a low scoring affair. LU 17-6

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Good luck to the Pirates from this Portsmouth Trojans fan..........

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

C'mon Pirates, lets get the job done again this week in practice and get it done for the win on Sat night. We are so proud of you all, players, coaches, cheerleaders, band, cheer block, fans! We will all be there in support and watching another great Pirate Victory! Injury free game for both teams, leave it on the field at practice and in the game come Sat night. Only a few schools getting to experience the playoffs right now, so enjoy it to the fullest! GO BURG GO!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Anyone know if Valley is going to allow the Pirates to practice on thier turf any this week? That would be an awesome gesture by a fellow SOC II school if they would.

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:For Wheelersburg fans returning to Jackson since the Pirates scrimmaged Jackson back in August. McDonald's is rebuilding its building so there is currently no active McDonald's in town right now. But Dakota's is good if you want a good steak and a sit down meal.

Where is the Dakota?Good luck Burg!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Anyone know if Valley is going to allow the Pirates to practice on thier turf any this week? That would be an awesome gesture by a fellow SOC II school if they would.

I would be shocked since they didn't put in for a playoff game. There best bet would be Rock Hill.

EAST 2005-2008 wrote:
Keyser_soze78 wrote:For Wheelersburg fans returning to Jackson since the Pirates scrimmaged Jackson back in August. McDonald's is rebuilding its building so there is currently no active McDonald's in town right now. But Dakota's is good if you want a good steak and a sit down meal.

Where is the Dakota?Good luck Burg!!!!

I think if you turn right at the light after you go past Wal-Mart, it is down the road on the left.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Valley didn't put in for a playoff game??? That would've been the most logical location for a Regional Final game if Burg and West both win this weekend.*

Nybasketball_09
Waterboy

Post by Nybasketball_09 »

Wheelersburg hands down i hope they stomp them to the ground after all i witnessed at the ny game taking cheap shots...not right...

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Liberty Union 21 Wheelersburg 20.......ole Amanda alum here....But have seen them play.....and Wheelsburg won't outmuscle --MSL boys..........should be a headknocker thats for sure...........bird78 :shock: :-D :!: HEY BISH........YOU AND ME THINK SAME..........SCARY.........NOSTRADUMAS........LOL..... 8)

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

Wheelersburg fans, Bishtakes nailed it all down for you. The only thing I will add is that if you don't throw it to keep them off balance it's gonna be a long night. Without a doubt the toughest defense we've played against. Bring your A game on special teams, that's what cost NY the win. Good Luck to both teams.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

bird78 wrote:Liberty Union 21 Wheelersburg 20.......ole Amanda alum here....But have seen them play.....and Wheelsburg won't outmuscle --MSL boys..........should be a headknocker thats for sure...........bird78 :shock: :-D :!: HEY BISH........YOU AND ME THINK SAME..........SCARY.........NOSTRADUMAS........LOL..... 8)

But you haven't seen the Burg play this year, right. Wheelersburg has went up against bigger and stronger teams all season and have won 10 of 11 games so I like their chances of winning this one as well. The Pirates may not be huge, but these kids are strong, fearless, and quick as lightning. Win or lose, LU will remember the Pirates after next Saturday night.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

I thought that this was an easier bracket than West is in and I am sticking to that belief. Obviously, LU is good or they would not be in round two of the playoffs. Burg will have to throw effectively, maybe 10 to 12 times and complete several. I think Burg wins a close game.

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

To followup, on some small comparisons. Minford beat Wellston who took NY to overtime. Ironton got beat by Burg but thrashed NY. I think this is Burg's game to lose. West got the wrong draw in my opinion

76Trojan/BurgFan
Waterboy

Post by 76Trojan/BurgFan »

Just watched LU & FU game from early in the season. LU reminds me of Minford..uh oh..... :122248

Watched it on Time Warner on demand/ local/ sports

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

footballfan49 wrote:To followup, on some small comparisons. Minford beat Wellston who took NY to overtime. Ironton got beat by Burg but thrashed NY. I think this is Burg's game to lose. West got the wrong draw in my opinion

Yeah, I think if Ready hadn't lost those two games to cancelations they would have probably finished near the top of the region. I think West can beat them though if they play like they are capable of.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Burg_Grad----your right I haven't...don't remember saying I DID...........and Baltimore,ohio got 1 traffic light...so aint like there city boys .......farm boys and big uns at that and thats where I'll leave it.....taking the LIONS by a point...but good luck....gonna need it...this group hungry.....bird78 :shock: :-D :!:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

76trojan/burgfan....glad you watched the LU/FU game. That was one of the worst games LU played all year. They improved A LOT over the remainder of the regular season (which sounds strange since they went 9-1). The week 5 through 10 LU team seemed like a totally different team than the week 1 through 4 team.
Last edited by JoeGatto on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”