Round 2 Wheelersburg vs. Liberty Union at Jackson

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: Round 2 Wheelersburg vs. Liberty Union at Jackson

Post by JoeGatto »

I've never ever seen a single high school football coach suit up, put on the pads and go out on the field and play. This is the same as blaming referees for losses. Is it possible that someone can get outcoached? Yes. But guess what...players still have to go out and play the game and execute. How many interceptions did Burg throw? How many tackles did they miss? How many opportunities did they fail to capitalize on? Those things are NOT the coaches fault. There are always other tangibles in games that PLAYERS control that win and lose games and that's what happened last night. The better team won the game last night!!!

RiverRat
Waterboy

Post by RiverRat »

Yes it is possible that a team can get out coached and that is what happened. Good luck next week!! Your gonna need it!!!

lovin' football
Waterboy

Post by lovin' football »

FrozenRope9 wrote:I've never ever seen a single high school football coach suit up, put on the pads and go out on the field and play. This is the same as blaming referees for losses. Is it possible that someone can get outcoached? Yes. But guess what...players still have to go out and play the game and execute. How many interceptions did Burg throw? How many tackles did they miss? How many opportunities did they fail to capitalize on? Those things are NOT the coaches fault. There are always other tangibles in games that PLAYERS control that win and lose games and that's what happened last night. The better team won the game last night!!!

I have yet to see the perfect game played by any team, HS, college, pro, etc. ALL teams will miss opportunities, tackles, catches, etc.

I think you are either in denial or are simply missing the point. Once again, Burg players were not utilitized to their full potential by the coaching staff. The players on the field are not the entire game and can not be held totally accountable for the outcome of the game. A lot of games come down to the coaching. Burg fans feel the biggest problem in our game last night came from the coaching decisions. How else can you explain the huge success of some coaches and utter failure of others - from high school to the pros. You have winning coaches and then you have the others. Woodward had great success thru much of the season, but some people think he fell short towards the end. That's all.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

lovin'football said: I have yet to see the perfect game played by any team, HS, college, pro, etc. ALL teams will miss opportunities, tackles, catches, etc.

And I have yet to see a perfect game coached by any coach hs, college, pro, etc. ALL coaches will miss opportunities, make wrong decisions, and call the wrong plays at times.

lovin'football said: I think you are either in denial or are simply missing the point.

LOL Denial about what? The team I support WON THE GAME! LOL

lovin'football said: The players on the field are not the entire game and can not be held totally accountable for the outcome of the game.

The same can be said for coaches. They are not the entire game and cannot be held totally accountable for the outcome of the game.

All of your arguements go both ways. Like I said before, there are always other aspects of the game that have an outcome on the game and that's exactly what happened. The team that overcomes adversity (ie: mistakes, officials, bad coaching decisions) the best will win. Not one player wins or loses games, not one official wins or loses games, and not one coach wins and loses games. It takes EVERYONE!!! The better team won last night!!!
Last edited by JoeGatto on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

proudparentofasider
Waterboy

Post by proudparentofasider »

I want to say congrats to the Pirates on a great season. You represented our area and your school well. You should be proud of yourselves and your coaching staff. Good luck next season.

Buckeye Boy
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Boy »

Buckey boy said LU would beat the Burg, and I told you guys to stop worring about week 13 and where that game would be. Because neither of you would be in the game because Ready would beat P west. I got abused for these statements. I told you so. The Southeast never does well playing teams in Central Ohio. You guys can go ahead and apologize. Week 13 game will probably be in Gahanna.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Great season for the Pirates. I would like to especially like to congratulate the seniors (White, White, Schank, Hopper, Robertson, Hacker and Bentley) for continuing the winning tradition at Burg, your senior leadership and on a fine 10-2 season. You guys will be missed. Outside of W'Burg this was supposed to be a down year for the Pirates but these players did not believe that nor did the fans or the coaching staff. Once again great season and you are to be commended and should be proud of your accomplishments.

As for the game, 4 missed opportunities was the difference. Should have been at least 14-0 at the half and 21-0 after the opening 2nd half kickoff. The back breaker coming after the initial 2nd half KO recovery at the 24 and the offense not able to put together a score. Burg defense was just on the field too long and the LU size wore them down.

As for the offense, Burg did started out throwing some short passes, but after the 1st completion to Stegman to setup the initial TD, it seemed like everything was deep after that. Not very creative on the offensive side of the football. Don't really utilize their playmakers in both rushing and passing. Too many times tryng to strike quickly instead of getting the first down and moving the chains.

Good Luck LU next week againt Ready.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

FrozenRope9 wrote:lovin'football said: I have yet to see the perfect game played by any team, HS, college, pro, etc. ALL teams will miss opportunities, tackles, catches, etc.

And I have yet to see a perfect game coached by any coach hs, college, pro, etc. ALL coaches will miss opportunities, make wrong decisions, and call the wrong plays at times.

lovin'football said: I think you are either in denial or are simply missing the point.

LOL Denial about what? The team I support WON THE GAME! LOL

lovin'football said: The players on the field are not the entire game and can not be held totally accountable for the outcome of the game.

The same can be said for coaches. They are not the entire game and cannot be held totally accountable for the outcome of the game.

All of your arguements go both ways. Like I said before, there are always other aspects of the game that have an outcome on the game and that's exactly what happened. The team that overcomes adversity (ie: mistakes, officials, bad coaching decisions) the best will win. Not one player wins or loses games, not one official wins or loses games, and not one coach wins and loses games. It takes EVERYONE!!! The better team won last night!!!

So reading between the lines the better team ALWAYS wins.Therefore Oregon State should be ranked ahead of USC?
Iowa should jump up to number 3? :lol: :lol: :lol:.Burg was out coached simple as that.Not to take anything away from LU players they did great last night,but if the coaching was a tad bit different on Burg's side the talent is, for sure, there to execute.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

6886 wrote::lol: :-D

Can U explain this?Does this mean U would rather see any team,other than a Scioto county team win?

lovin' football
Waterboy

Post by lovin' football »

nobodyspecial wrote:
6886 wrote::lol: :-D

Can U explain this?Does this mean U would rather see any team,other than a Scioto county team win?

It could simply mean that he is illiterate. lol

NYHSvarsitycheer10
Waterboy

Post by NYHSvarsitycheer10 »

what was the score of this game?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This was definitely a fun one to watch from the press box. It seems like Wheelersburg controlled the pace for a good bit, if not most of the game. There were blown opportunities on both sides. The 2nd quarter might have been the sloppiest quarter of football I've seen all year.
Mix was completed 1 pass in the first half and Love had 46 on 14 carries. In the second half, it seemed like LU got more methodical. Mix was 5-6 in the 2nd half, Love started picking up more and more yards. Their 1st drive of the second half started at 10:26 and ended at the 2:55 mark - fruitless, but I think it wore down Burg's defense because they weren't getting to rest because the offense wasn't doing anything.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

NYHSvarsitycheer10 wrote:what was the score of this game?

LU 14
Burg 7

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

Congrats Burg on a great season!!

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Burg has a young team and a young head coach. Don't complain to much cause your coach could be gone in a blink of an eye,sooner than you think.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

lilwitte21 wrote:
ny_buckeyes60 wrote::lol: This game made nelsonville york look good if we would have had a kicker im sure we would have made it deep in the playoffs keep in mind lu only won by 1 point lu15 ny 14 wish we would have had a kicker :roll:

LU didn't allow a field goal all year. They had 3 or 4 attempts on them and they were blocked so just because you have someone who can kick doesn't mean that they will automatically make it

Lu was awesome in blocking punts.Fast to the kicker every time.One blocked punt but no capitalization on that play.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

290 wins to go.

Thank you to all the players, especially the seniors, who have worked so hard and done so well this year. I appreciate the hard work and the effort. The seniors leave behind an example of what leadership is and how to do it with class. May it be a lesson well-learned.

Young coaches, young quarterbacks. They have their drawbacks only in the short term. The nice thing is that they still have plenty of time to improve. The only thing they lack is experience and ours got a boat load this season. And let me say that I think they did VERY well this year!

The defense has been excellent. The offense was good but WILL be better. There is always a high learning curve the first few years in a new job. Goodness, I hate to think of my first two years in my profession--some things make me cringe still. But it always gets better.

There are a ton of things that I appreciate about Rob as a coach. He is a class act. He does it the right way. His players respect him as a person and like to play for him. They are better young men when they emulate his example. And I, for one, can stand watching a young coach and coaching staff learn and grow over the course of several years. It will be well worth the wait. :) First year and 10-2. And the best is yet to come.

In fact, next year is going to be really fun to watch...

How many days to the Ironton game?
(284)

thesmokinglens
Freshman Team

Post by thesmokinglens »

Cole just posted an article from the game:

http://www.tristatesportspage.com/conte ... tentId=617

HM

bigdaddyblitz
Riding the Bench

Post by bigdaddyblitz »

BULDOG wrote:Great season for the Pirates. As for the game, 4 missed opportunities was the difference. Should have been at least 14-0 at the half and 21-0 after the opening 2nd half kickoff. The back breaker coming after the initial 2nd half KO recovery at the 24 and the offense not able to put together a score. Burg defense was just on the field too long and the LU size wore them down.

Good Luck LU next week againt Ready.

Going by your theory, then the score shouldve been 21-21, b/c LU SHOULDVE scored when they had the IG call. And since you admit our size wore them down, we win inOT?? Right?? Point is-coulda shoulda wouldas are always going to be brought up, but usualy only seem to count for the losing team. This game was as expected by 16-18 year olds.Your gonna have missed opportunities. But, as we all know, only one team can win, and the team that didnt always has the coulda shoulda woulda defense. This was a great HS game played by a lot of determined kids. Good Luck Lions!

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

great jobs boys- it has been exciting watching and supporting this team all year- great job really impressed with this team really impressed with the defense- great job #45 to come back this year and step it up, cant wait to watch this team with this talent and the upcoming talent- you have made us proud - to bad they wouldnt let us use our shakers the boys seem to respond to the noise- never know might have made a difference !

Return to “Football”