Round 2 Bishop Ready vs. Portsmouth West AT LOGAN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

1fan
Freshman Team

Re: Round 2 Bishop Ready vs. Portsmouth West AT LOGAN

Post by 1fan »

I sit here and read your post and I too feel your pain...BUT, we can sit here and feel sorry for all of us or we can do something about it!!
Our kids down here, whether it be Burg, West, itown or any other southern ohio team, that is playing this week, need to just go to the "NEUTRAL" site and WIN!!!!!
The gods of the OHSAA doesn't like anything below Columbus and we all know that. Its been like that for yrs and it will be like taht for many yrs to come unless every championship game in yrs to come have a SO team in it and we show them that we can make money for them just like the others. We don't have any D1 schools down here so that is out but we can start showing them what D4 and D5 has to offer. Its really a shame that all of this has come down to money. It really shows what our "Powers that be" want out of our kids!!!
Thanks for letting me ramble!!
GO SOUTHERN OHIO AND GO WEST!!!!!!!!!!

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

We fans can ramble 24hrs a day all the up to game time, but that's the fans opinions. Know this, our players and coaches know not what we say and are working on the next task at hand. Day in and Day out they are working on beating there next opponent....so were as we do represent our team.....but are not speaking for directly for them!
These boys will be ready to shut down anything that gets in there way!!! Go West!!

froggy48
Riding the Bench

Post by froggy48 »

Portsmouth West fans i know its been a long time but the OHSAA has been screwing teams for a long time!
Nelsonville York 1981
Travel to Ironton to play Coal Grove in first round!
Travel to Ironton to play Wheelersburg in second round!
Got a break and only had to travel to Groveport for championship game!
Try to remember even though its a long drive winning seems to make it a little shorter! Please everyone watch out for deer and be careful!
Go West!!!!
Go Logan!!!

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Ready will find a way to win this game just like they did last week at Johnstown... Ready 20 West 6

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

Take a look at the teams ready has played. I think West can win, but your fans on here are seriously underestimating them.

kranky
Riding the Bench

Post by kranky »

I don't think they are underestimating them. I think we all know it is going to be a very tough game. I think most are pissed off over the driving distance more than anything. The #1 seed driving twice as far as their opponent is BS. But that is water under the bridge now. Now it's time to strap it up and knock some heads.

West will show up and hit people like they have been doing all year.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

LETS GO WEST
Take a peice of the "ROCK" with you. We all know that they will have to serve hard time just like the rest. As a fan I will be there with my peice of the ROCK.
It will be like a home game for us huge crowd on our side all cheering the Siders on to another V I C T O R Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aaaaa17 :122245

76Trojan/BurgFan
Waterboy

Post by 76Trojan/BurgFan »

Good luck West.....Hope to see you next week...really watch out for the deer up and back!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

West, welcome to the wonderful world of the OHSAA and the ridiculous playoff sites for Scioto and Lawrence county teams. Wheelersburg finished the #1 seed quite a few times back in the 90's but would always have to travel to Cincy to play their 2nd round games against Cincy area schools. I can recall a few times that they played Germantown at Princeton High School when the Burg was the higher seed and the home team which was a 130+ mile trip for the Pirates and about 35 or 40 for GVV. They had the same problem with Versailles a couple of times and had to travel to Cincy to play them when the Pirates were the higher seed. Heck, the first ever playoff game the Pirates were ever in against Hamilton Badin was played at Dayton Welcome Stadium which is right in Hamiltons backyard, so yo speak.

At least it looks like you have a great facility to play your game at. I think if you play your style of ball and limit your penalties you guys will have no problem with Ready. Good luck and hopefully both the Siders and the Pirates win this week and can meet up for the regional title and hopefully that game is at Jackson and not Spartan. Spartan couldn't handle the crowd, especially the visitors side. Jackson would be a much better facility to play a game of that magnitude.

GOOD LUCK SIDERS!!!!

BEAT READY!!!!!

sider_RJ_11
Waterboy

Post by sider_RJ_11 »

yea, i think the siders will beable to prevail over bishop ready for sure, even though murphy wont be able to play in this game. west has a very good back-up in travis perry. he's made some big plays on defense and im sure he can do the same on offense. as for the siders D is concerned, they will shut down any offensive attack they can throw at them. West-35 Bishop Ready-10
Last edited by sider_RJ_11 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

Who cares where you play. Just go and win the game!

u_kno_me
Freshman Team

Post by u_kno_me »

Good Luck Senators! I'll take West 35-15

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Go West !
If West & Burg win I for one hope it is in Jackson .

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:West, welcome to the wonderful world of the OHSAA and the ridiculous playoff sites for Scioto and Lawrence county teams. Wheelersburg finished the #1 seed quite a few times back in the 90's but would always have to travel to Cincy to play their 2nd round games against Cincy area schools. I can recall a few times that they played Germantown at Princeton High School when the Burg was the higher seed and the home team which was a 130+ mile trip for the Pirates and about 35 or 40 for GVV. They had the same problem with Versailles a couple of times and had to travel to Cincy to play them when the Pirates were the higher seed. Heck, the first ever playoff game the Pirates were ever in against Hamilton Badin was played at Dayton Welcome Stadium which is right in Hamiltons backyard, so yo speak.

At least it looks like you have a great facility to play your game at. I think if you play your style of ball and limit your penalties you guys will have no problem with Ready. Good luck and hopefully both the Siders and the Pirates win this week and can meet up for the regional title and hopefully that game is at Jackson and not Spartan. Spartan couldn't handle the crowd, especially the visitors side. Jackson would be a much better facility to play a game of that magnitude.

GOOD LUCK SIDERS!!!!

BEAT READY!!!!!

Thanks Bg77 I to hope that all our southernohio teams win this week!!!
GOOD LUCK TO THEM ALL!!!!!!!!

KOOLKOACH
Freshman Team

Post by KOOLKOACH »

WEST is very deep at rb. & cody groves did a nice job at de. so i look for WEST to continue playing championship calibur defense & run the ball straight down their opponents throats.... 8) WESTSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

is there any tailgating going on in logan on sat. afternoon

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

If West and Burg both win....I think it will be held at Ohio U. because of the crowd it will bring. That would be great!!! :aaaaa19

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH! I'LL BE IN THE STANDS WATCHING. ENJOY THE RESERVATION AND HOPE ALL HAS A GOOD TIME.

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

I doubt West-Burg week 13 game[if they both win]would be at OU.It should be @ Jackson. It would hold the crowd.

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

yea maybe, but I doubt they will let the same team play at the same site twice?

Return to “Football”