Round 2 Bishop Ready vs. Portsmouth West AT LOGAN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Re: Round 2 Bishop Ready vs. Portsmouth West AT LOGAN

Post by West_Sider »

Congrats on a great season boys.

We got hosed on the 1st TD.. Journey the CB got pushed down in front of two refs anyone could have seen it and the WR caught the ball in the endzone. However, Ready was the better team. West just couldn't convert in the red zone. There D was very, very quick and toughened up when their backs were to the wall. The better team won. NO excuses. Hope Ready wins it all. However, I think Youngstown Ursuline is too good for anyone to handle this year.

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

Congrats to West on a good season.

1fan
Freshman Team

Post by 1fan »

Congrats to West on a great season! Sad we had to play the refs in this one alos but still no excuses, we have to score and everytime in the red zone, something happened.
To the seniors, you had a great run and best of luck to the ones going to the next level!! To the youngins, I bet we will be right back up there next yr!
Congrats coach T on a great seaon and thank you for all your hard work....you and ALL the coaches!!!!

Roughriderpride
Waterboy

Post by Roughriderpride »

Congrats Ready from WJ and the north, the south didn't think you could pull this one out either. Ready is huge on the O & D lines.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to West on a great season. Nothing to be ashamed of going 11-1 and winning the SOC.

Looking forward to week 10 next year, at the Burg. Both have quite a bit coming back, with the Burg having the slight edge in returning starters.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the Siders on a fine season. 11-1, SOC II Champs, and a berth in the 2nd round of the playoffs is nothing to sneeze at. From 4-6 last season to 11-1 this season is a fine accomplishment.

Great job by the Siders and their coaching staff!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I would hate to be playin West the first 3 games next year!! Good job Siders!!

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

West needs a NEW Offensive Cordinator!!! The play calling was terrible!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

QB4, I just wonder what losing murphy did for that OC?

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

Great season west. Congratulations.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I think the lose of Murphy really hurt...West had everything going there way this season...And losing Murphy, they had to overcome that and they did not...Not saying one man makes a team...but losing a starter on both sides of the ball really HURTS!! GREAT SEASON BOYS I AM PROUD OF YOU!!!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

QB4, quit making an a## out of yourself. Congratulations West on a great season!

THE'GENERAL'
Freshman Team

Post by THE'GENERAL' »

great season siders..last nights game didnt go our way yes the refs didnt help us any either like one of my old coachs always told us is you need to practice rough and hard to win the games on the road when the officials arent calling anything thing for you..ready was by far the best team we seen all year...just like to say thanks to this years siders i didnt miss a game this year and you was exciting to watch..SOC II CHAMPS

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Not the outcome we all wanted, but a great season by West..........good job!

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Congrats to All the West players and coaches on a great year!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Great job West. They fought to the end. Sometimes it's hard to prevail when it seems like everything is against you. Ready is good, better than I thought they were on defense. But on a truly neutral environment, I think West would beat them more times than not, especially if West was 100%, which they obviously weren't. Besides Murphy, West was was beat up physically. Swords has a messed up groin and didn't have the burst he normally has. Sparks barely practiced all week.

I'm curious as to the radio's reaction to the calls or non-calls. Especially the should be blatant offensive pass interference on the TD. There were others as well. We shoud all be able to watch on Time Warner in a few days. If West goes into the half down 3-0, we win that game in the second half no doubt. It changed the entire complexion of the game. The late TD came when West was selling out trying to cause a turnover with a couple minutes left. By the way, if the replay on tv shows what we saw in the stands with 2 officials less than 10 yards away, they should not be allowed to official in the OHSAA again. Pure blatant CHEATING!

proudparentofasider
Waterboy

Post by proudparentofasider »

As a parent (not of a football player) I would like to say congratulations to these young men who represented West. The coaching staff did an outstanding job turning this program around. Boys, you took us fans on a thrill ride week after week and I have to say it was fantastic. You guys showed more heart and spirit on that field then we have seen in a long time. You played as a team, and as we know it takes a team to win. You all should be so proud of yourselves. SOC CHAMPS!!! Seniors, I wish you well and hope to see many of you on a field at a higher level. I want to say thanks for representing yourselves and your school so well. We are all so very proud of you guys!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

proudparentofasider wrote:As a parent (not of a football player) I would like to say congratulations to these young men who represented West. The coaching staff did an outstanding job turning this program around. Boys, you took us fans on a thrill ride week after week and I have to say it was fantastic. You guys showed more heart and spirit on that field then we have seen in a long time. You played as a team, and as we know it takes a team to win. You all should be so proud of yourselves. SOC CHAMPS!!! Seniors, I wish you well and hope to see many of you on a field at a higher level. I want to say thanks for representing yourselves and your school so well. We are all so very proud of you guys!

Great post and agreed. What a turnaround. 4-6 to 11-1. First time 11-0 in school history. Seniors thanks. Younger kids great job as well. Work as hard this offseason as last offseason and we'll be even better.

Community get behind the coaching staff. Support them. Don't be negative. We have something to build on. They did a great job last night. 4-6 to what we seen this year was not by accident or talent alone. It was pure hard work in the offseason. These coaches put in the time like none we've ever had and it shows.

proudparentofasider
Waterboy

Post by proudparentofasider »

Buckeye Boy wrote:You guys were looking ahead to week 13. I told you Ready would win. I accept your apologizes.

I guess those crystal balls from K-mart really were the real deal. :roll: You have no idea what the players were thinking or if they were looking ahead. Good job boys. Don't like people like "Boy" diminish your accomplishments.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I figured Ready would pull this out.
I don't think people understood that if two of Ready's regular-season games hadn't been cancelled, they'd be at or near the top of the region.
As I said earlier in the season: Region 19 all starts with Ready.

Return to “Football”