Round 2 Bishop Ready vs. Portsmouth West AT LOGAN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Re: Round 2 Bishop Ready vs. Portsmouth West AT LOGAN

Post by nobodyspecial »

proudparentofasider wrote:
Buckeye Boy wrote:You guys were looking ahead to week 13. I told you Ready would win. I accept your apologizes.

I guess those crystal balls from K-mart really were the real deal. :roll: You have no idea what the players were thinking or if they were looking ahead. Good job boys. Don't like people like "Boy" diminish your accomplishments.

Your name says it all BOY.And by the way it is apologies. :lol:
Get a dictionary with your crystal"balls".

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

The West team was diligent, never gave up, and had some tough calls. It would have helped to have a 100% team against a team like Ready. I will have to say, the Ready team is really better than I thought but the kids that won that ballgame for them are not the qb or running backs or receivers. Number 46, 60, 61, 89 were everywhere. Going into the West season, 7-3 sounded great and they far exceeded that. Great job West kids and coaches. Thanks for an uplifting and exciting year! :-D
Thought the final score was more like 3-0.

My money is definitely on Ready over LU next week. GOOD LUCK!

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

siderman wrote:Community get behind the coaching staff. Support them. Don't be negative...

This would be the turn around of the century. That and the fans no getting loud when were on offense. Do we have some of the dumbest fans in sports?

5steelers
Waterboy

Post by 5steelers »

I have found this to be a very exciting year
have watching these great boys every game
I'm thankful they took us as far as they did.
Looking for another great season next year.
Football is a rough, tough sport and you boys
have stuck with it, all the way to the end, and that
is truely what it is all about (Team)!!! Memories
will last a lifetime. I'm going to miss Friday Night
Football . GreAT yEAr

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

QB4, If that ain't the pot calling the kettle. (1 w all year long in pee wee)
great season to the team and to Tripplett. All you folks are #1 in my book.
To all the seniors, you will be winners, and leaders the rest of your life.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Congratulations West Senators! Wow, what a season you had! Cherish the memories of it forever!

FUNNY, :122249 so QB4 is a PEE WEE coach with ONE win and he is giving his expert opinions on here and bashing one of the hardest working staffs around to turn a team from what it was in 2007 to 11-1 this year? Now that is priceless! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I bet the West high school staff gets word of that one! :-D

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

For anyone to start blaming the coaches is ignorant (qb4). Last week they were great and this week their terrible huh. Coach T. is a great coach and a good man. Sometimes you have an off night in sports thats just the way it goes. These boys played their hearts out all year, they won and last night they lost WITH CLASS. Maybe you could learn a lesson from them!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

moty wrote:For anyone to start blaming the coaches is ignorant (qb4). Last week they were great and this week their terrible huh. Coach T. is a great coach and a good man. Sometimes you have an off night in sports thats just the way it goes. These boys played their hearts out all year, they won and last night they lost WITH CLASS. Maybe you could learn a lesson from them!

Triplett is a very good coach, but you cant win the game when the 11 kids on the other side of the ball are overall better than the ones that you are coaching. He calls the plays but he doesnt wear the helmet.

West had a GREAT year this year. Every other SOC II team and player wishes they would have been 10-0 in the regular season and won the league.

Ready is a good team, whether they recruit or not.

nobodyspecial
Riding the Bench

Post by nobodyspecial »

kylecompton21 wrote:
siderman wrote:Community get behind the coaching staff. Support them. Don't be negative...

This would be the turn around of the century. That and the fans no getting loud when were on offense. Do we have some of the dumbest fans in sports?

Didn't expect to be blogging about football but this remark has to be addressed.U idiot!!!NO U have some of the smartest fans!!!U do not want any noise to keep play calling from being audible and distract players from assignments.The time for noise is when their offense is on the field.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

I think/hope what he meant was that our fans actually do get loud when we are on offense. Stomping on the bleachers and making noise. Every time it happens I look around and shake my head. You make the noise when you are on defense is what I mutter to myself.

TOUR_DIRECTOR
Waterboy

Post by TOUR_DIRECTOR »

congratulations on a great year to the coaching staff and players

QB4
Freshman Team

Post by QB4 »

West Side Pride wrote:QB4, If that ain't the pot calling the kettle. (1 w all year long in pee wee)
great season to the team and to Tripplett. All you folks are #1 in my book.
To all the seniors, you will be winners, and leaders the rest of your life.

I just think that they need to listen to the people in the press box more!!! What the heck do they use the head sets for anyhow??? And trying to run the ball up the middle when 10 is in the box is crazy I don't care who is calling the plays! Your line can't block 10 guys! You also need to have your left handed QB rolling to his strength more! Yea, I coached 5th graders this year and lost every game to bigger, faster, and stronger 6th graders, but the first win came in the 1st game of the playoffs and we beat a team that beat us 1st game of the year 28 to 12. So the adjustments was made to produce a win and that in my eyes is a good Coach! You have to be able to make the right adjustments.....when times get tough.....and if anyone knows the team that I coached.......times couldn't be much tougher!! So, talk all you want.....things could've been different in this game. You just gotta make the right call and listen to your people that you supposely trust! Congrats the West boy's and staff for being SOC champs and for so called turn around! They are a tough group played had considering the elements!

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I for one am very proud of the Westside boys. I played on the 10-0 90' Team and I am happy with them conquering that record. I hope we have more 10-0 records to talk about for years to come. We can what if this season to death, but it is what it is. Now let me play mr negative. I do agree with the fan support. People showed up in force no doubt. But as loud as our crowds were it was like they were mildly in the games. I know as a former player that all that "loud" support means alot. I got my fire off of the noise. Maybe in the years to come the fans will turn up the intensity. As far as play calling goes you run what you have. I think the calling was a good effort. I just believe that we should have passed more in the blow out games that were played. Practicing passing is fine and dandy but nothing prepares for the next game more than the real deal. But hey I am an armchair quarterback what do I know? I say this, if this season helps motivate the underclassmen for next year, and they stay in the weightroom and stay focused look out for 09'!!!! Dale Swords will be surely missed, but look out for the backs next year again!!! A few of this years class should be playing on Saturday next year.........

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I'm tickled to death with the results from this year and really excited for the years to come. Do we need to tweak what we do a little to be a little more balanced in the playoffs, maybe. But you work toward that; live and learn. Like I said before, although these guys are talented, we didn't win on talent alone. If that was the case, we wouldn't have went 5-5 and 4-6 in the previous seasons with alot of the same boys. I really really like this staff. This is the best coaching staff I've saw at West by far if you consider on and off the field. These guys put in the time and it shows. Next year West will be very good again and will probably make the playoffs. Year after that, West will have another State caliber team if things keep going as their going. This is a great time to be a West fan.

kylecompton21
Waterboy

Post by kylecompton21 »

nobodyspecial wrote:
kylecompton21 wrote:

Didn't expect to be blogging about football but this remark has to be addressed.U idiot!!!NO U have some of the smartest fans!!!U do not want any noise to keep play calling from being audible and distract players from assignments.The time for noise is when their offense is on the field.

Good job reading. You're name obviously says it all. Let me slow it down some for you. When you go to a West game sit on the West sideline. When West is on offense, the fans yell, stomp on the bleachers, and just make noise. Then, when West is on defense the sidelines are quiet, 90% of the time you can hear a pin drop. Obviously not the best thing to try and help your team out. These are KIDS, they get hyped up when the crowed is behind them. Their's to many people that want to be SEEN at the game and not SEE the game.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

let me say these things and I'm done till next year; As far as play calling, Alf's elbow was
swollen like a grape fruit that happened in the first quarter(his throwing arm), Dale had a
pulled groin that happened against ridgewood, Scotty did'nt practice all week because
of his back. Mark did'nt play....suspended. It's hard to play without what got you there.
Not crying, just part of the game is being healthy. You can only call the plays that you
think will be profitable with the assets you have. As far as noise, in a close game, you
don't even here it, if your in it. I never did. Great season.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

QB4 maybe you could have a WINNING season if you'd start working your kids instead of your mouth! :-D :lol: Take some lessons from the varsity staff while you are at it! Oh, I forgot, you know more than they do, that is why you are coaching pee wee! You are a disgrace to your school. Getting on here and mouthing off about how the ones that poured sweat, time, energy and extreme hard work coulda and shoulda done it better! Especially disheartening to know you are a "pee wee coach". I feel sorry for the kids you coach. Maybe you should go have another beer with your buddies, you need a good shoulder to cry on! ;-)
Last edited by black76 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

coach T was the best thing that ever happen P-West!!!!
dont down a guy cause he lost 1 game...... ..................................but that happens when you lose 1 game............... the whole community is against ya!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
congrats to all of the team for a great season!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

West Side Pride wrote:let me say these things and I'm done till next year; As far as play calling, Alf's elbow was
swollen like a grape fruit that happened in the first quarter(his throwing arm), Dale had a
pulled groin that happened against ridgewood, Scotty did'nt practice all week because
of his back. Mark did'nt play....suspended. It's hard to play without what got you there.
Not crying, just part of the game is being healthy. You can only call the plays that you
think will be profitable with the assets you have. As far as noise, in a close game, you
don't even here it, if your in it. I never did. Great season.

and quit making excuses ,you lost and its over. there will always be next year!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

lostcause wrote:coach T was the best thing that ever happen P-West!!!!
dont down a guy cause he lost 1 game...... ..................................but that happens when you lose 1 game............... the whole community is against ya!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
congrats to all of the team for a great season!!!!!!!!!!!!

exactly, you can pick at this or that. But facts are West was way less than 100% friday. 2/3's of a monster and one of those had a pulled groin. Take away the gift TD and West is down 3-0 late in the game. We moved the ball, like turning it over on their ten coming up less than an inch short of a first. No way shape or form was that a 17-0 ballgame. 3-0 is more like it.

Return to “Football”