SEOPS H

Re: Minford 2009

Post by ManitouDan »

should be tough - have a strong group of artist/painters coming back LOL ! MD

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

ManitouDan wrote:should be tough - have a strong group of artist/painters coming back LOL ! MD

thankfully several were seniors so we dont have to worry about them dragging the team down. they should be ashamed. dont judge minford based on a few delinquents. it isnt funny and they all could be expelled. wouldnt that be nice for your senior year.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

why does PDT want to try and run down a football program.. yes these young men did play football.. but also play other sports.. and football is over so what does this and football have to be connected.. and most of all they are STUDENTS first !! if this is what the admin reported to the PDT they are wrong .. the admin is who approved these young men to enroll at minford as STUDENTS.... not football players ...these young men need to be punished.. but i think the PDT and the minford ADMIN.. need to get this corrected.... MINFORD STUDENTS... not minford football players.. so i guess when a student gets into trouble at school the asked them are you a FOOTBALL, BASEBALL, BASKETBALL,TENNIS ,TRACK, VOLLYBALL, SOCCER,QUIZZ BALL,PLAYERS all this shows to me is the ADMIN still hate football players.. or should i say a certain FEMALE ADMIN does still hate football players ... to the rest of the falcon football family keep your heads up you had another good year lets keep building on it... :mad: :mad: :oops: :oops:

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

bushmaster24 wrote:why does PDT want to try and run down a football program.. yes these young men did play football.. but also play other sports.. and football is over so what does this and football have to be connected.. and most of all they are STUDENTS first !! to the rest of the falcon football family keep your heads up you had another good year lets keep building on it... :mad: :mad: :oops: :oops:

I agree. Just like with the issue earlier in the year, Minford could not get any references on the sports page until the eligibility issue came up and all the sudden Minford was big news. Same here. I believe a basketball player was involved with some criminal mischief last year and it did not make headlines as it being a Minford basketball player. You are right about the admin person and it is probably magnified because I heard some comments or a comment referenced her. This was stupid and immature on the student's part but it should not reflect on the team as the season is over and most of them won't be back next year anyway. I think they should face a harsh punishment but that is for the courts and the school to decide.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

If one of these kids had a parent on the school board maybe it would be swept under the rug like in the past. :122246 I'm guessing a certain one drug the rest of them into it. It would be a hard decision, but I would kick everyone of them out. Set the standard that we are not going to deal with stupidity.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

oldcoachb wrote:If one of these kids had a parent on the school board maybe it would be swept under the rug like in the past. :122246 I'm guessing a certain one drug the rest of them into it. It would be a hard decision, but I would kick everyone of them out. Set the standard that we are not going to deal with stupidity.

Well just like last year's incident involving a couple of teachers and damage to their mailboxes. Earlier I said it was a basketball player, but actually I believe it was 2 soccer players. Did that show up in the headline, no. Don't get me wrong, I think they should be punished and of course on the other hand, you need to understand if you are on a high profile team that is where the media always seems to look and point things out. Bottom line, if you play Minford football you just need to realize you represent, in addition to your family and yourself, the TEAM, the school, and the community and be prepared to be judged accordingly. Show some maturity and set a good example. This starts at home too.....parents.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I thought this kind of stuff only happened on the West Side? That's what the public opinion is. Get used to it, public opinion is still judging us on things from the 1980's.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

siderman wrote:I thought this kind of stuff only happened on the West Side? That's what the public opinion is. Get used to it, public opinion is still judging us on things from the 1980's.

Agreed....the old adage is "it only takes one aw sh*t to erase a lot of attaboys."

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

I had a kid back when I was coaching, broke a glass bottle under the tire of a Waverly bus that had brought the junior high volley ball team. One of my players told me who did it and I went to the kid and told him he had two minutes to pick up that glass or he was kicked off the team. Minford folks pass every levy to give these kids the best that they can give them. Painting the windows once was bad enough, painting them twice,........ good luck at your next location.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Minford should be anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0 next year. They could win the conference but, they will have to prove they can beat all three of the W's before they can win do that. Burg will have a huge, talented senior class, West returns a lot of skill, and Waverly will be much better, also look for Oak Hill to give them more of a game. They have a very good runners in Slone, Williams, Bryan, the most experienced Quarterback, and I believe a few returning starters on the line. Now, I'm from West, but from the outside looking in I think they will probably be even more balanced on offense with Oesch. I don't really know about the defense, but they lose a lot. All and all I would say Minford will returns to the playoffs and finishes no worse than 3rd in the Soc.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

sider wrote:Minford should be anywhere from 7-3 to 10-0 next year. They could win the conference but, they will have to prove they can beat all three of the W's before they can win do that. Burg will have a huge, talented senior class, West returns a lot of skill, and Waverly will be much better, also look for Oak Hill to give them more of a game. They have a very good runners in Slone, Williams, Bryan, the most experienced Quarterback, and I believe a few returning starters on the line. Now, I'm from West, but from the outside looking in I think they will probably be even more balanced on offense with Oesch. I don't really know about the defense, but they lose a lot. All and all I would say Minford will returns to the playoffs and finishes no worse than 3rd in the Soc.

Minford returns a large talented senior class as well. Like many teams, these kids have played together since grade school. The center position is the only spot vacated by graduation on offense. All the line is back otherwise, as well as the tight end and wide receiver. They will also have McCormick in the backfield so the offense will be in good shape. On the defensive side, the biggest holes will be at linebacker and defensive line, especially Crabtree's DT spot. There are certainly some kids that have the potential to step in and it will be up to them in the off-season to get ready. I expect the defensive ends will be a few steps quicker next year which should hopefully help contain the outside better than this year. The upcoming seniors need to step up now and become leaders. Leadership starts by leading by example, both on the field/weight room and outside of there as well (i.e. classroom).

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

the only 2 major losses to this football team are crabtree at DT and j.williams at LB. other than that the whole team is back for next season.....and if they work hard in the offseason and have the right mindset this could be the best minford team we have seen since 2000!!! its all about how bad they want it!!

footballfan49
Riding the Bench

Post by footballfan49 »

ttt

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

A-Bomb wrote:the only 2 major losses to this football team are crabtree at DT and j.williams at LB. other than that the whole team is back for next season.....and if they work hard in the offseason and have the right mindset this could be the best minford team we have seen since 2000!!! its all about how bad they want it!!

I thought you guys lost Howard and Hockett on the O line ? Minford will be hard to beat by anyone, however they don't have an Eli Parkes that they did 2000, they a lot of good backs.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

sider wrote: I thought you guys lost Howard and Hockett on the O line ? Minford will be hard to beat by anyone, however they don't have an Eli Parkes that they did 2000, they a lot of good backs.

nope Howard is the only starter on offense that wont be coming back. Hockett played a little offense but Howard was hands down the best center on the team. I think Hockett played some O tackle but Kimble and Alley did a better job.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I hope that we can field as good a defence , or better than last year! We lost several on that side of the ball !

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

look for a new offense come 2009..........................................................................................

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

yes i agree the wing T just isnt cutting it anymore for the falcons

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Incognito wrote:look for a new offense come 2009..........................................................................................

Really? Any reasons why, does this have to do with a quick exit from the playoffs two years in a row? Does anyone know what type of offense may be installed now? I hope they don't completely scrap the Wing-T, I think it is very effective in certain situations.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

It would not be good idea to get rid of the wing-t in muletown. They have a bunch of good runners and a quarterback who can run, it also allowed them to run their most effective play: The buck sweep. I would look for them to use a few more spread sets like they did this year, but I doubt they get rid of the Wing-t

Return to “Football”