Minford 2009

falconater
Freshman Team

Re: Minford 2009

Post by falconater »

The present 8th grade did not lose their 5 best players, oldcoachb. After the 6th grade they did lose 4 players who could have eventually started in high school and two of those who were play makers at the junior high level. one of those two now only plays bball and baseball. The loss hurt the junior high team bad but I think it will even out. I am pretty sure the classes we have 6 through 9 fit together pretty well eventually and will produce good records. I think we should have high expectations of the team this year, and next and the year after. Work ethic will separate the boys from the men eventually.

I am all for Minford having good teams at every level. It is a fact however that in high school players separate themselves by the willingness to work, be disciplined and being prepared to sacrifice their time. From what I have seen the last two years Minford has those kind of players and Coach Daniels is that kind of coach.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

falconater wrote:The present 8th grade did not lose their 5 best players, oldcoachb. After the 6th grade they did lose 4 players who could have eventually started in high school and two of those who were play makers at the junior high level. one of those two now only plays bball and baseball. The loss hurt the junior high team bad but I think it will even out. I am pretty sure the classes we have 6 through 9 fit together pretty well eventually and will produce good records. I think we should have high expectations of the team this year, and next and the year after. Work ethic will separate the boys from the men eventually.

I am all for Minford having good teams at every level. It is a fact however that in high school players separate themselves by the willingness to work, be disciplined and being prepared to sacrifice their time. From what I have seen the last two years Minford has those kind of players and Coach Daniels is that kind of coach.

Marshallman, said they lost their best five players, that was the reason for the winless season.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

what kind of numbers do you think will be out this year for football? I think burg and miford had around the same numbers last season---evenlly matched teams i also might add.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

ttt

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

55 to 60

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Joel Williams leaves for Paris Island August 17th. He told me yesterday that his older brother Craig has already been there three weeks and is doing well. Keep these brothers in your prayers. I'm proud of both of these young men for their service to this country. :122249

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Any news about how many freshman planning on coming out? It would be nice to see them be completely seperate, maybe not even dress for the varsity games.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

oldcoachb wrote:
falconater wrote:The present 8th grade did not lose their 5 best players, oldcoachb. After the 6th grade they did lose 4 players who could have eventually started in high school and two of those who were play makers at the junior high level. one of those two now only plays bball and baseball. The loss hurt the junior high team bad but I think it will even out. I am pretty sure the classes we have 6 through 9 fit together pretty well eventually and will produce good records. I think we should have high expectations of the team this year, and next and the year after. Work ethic will separate the boys from the men eventually.

Marshallman, said they lost their best five players, that was the reason for the winless season.

This is correct. The current 8th graders lost the kids to the burg after 6th grade and they are 8th graders at the burg this year. So, if they stayed at Minford they would have been 8th graders this year.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Coach Daniels has things going in the right direction!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I wouldn`t worry to much about the 8th grade. They will be just fine. Coach Berry will have them ready come Aug. Their may be some new faces there!!

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Hopefully the seventh grade has enough. That class has me concerned. :122249

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

There is some very good tallent in the 7th. Really Impressive.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

We have 3 Scrimmages for this year. Ports, Rock Hill, & East.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

A whole lot of folks fired up for Falcon Football!! Great stuff, Coach Daniels and staff really have the kids buying into his system and working hard, which in return leads to success, which in return leads to what we are doing right now.... and that is BUILDING a PROGRAM. The Falcons are hear to stay my friend, get used to it SOC II and Division V.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

The lift-a-thon in this friday, the 22nd, and the field house. Plan to attend and support you 2009 Falcon`s.Come hungry, there will be meals served, for a charitable donation.

It`s Falcon Time
SOC II
In 2009

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

plan on being at the lift-o-thon to see if all the hype is true about all the strength :roll: :roll: :roll:

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

pappy wrote:plan on being at the lift-o-thon to see if all the hype is true about all the strength :roll: :roll: :roll:

They will have enough strength to beat Coal Grove again...

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

They were at both power lifting meets @ the Grove this year. You should know by now, if your a true Grover.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

True

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Nice results at the lift-a-thon with several upcoming seniors benching 300+ lbs. and several getting 550+ lbs. on deadlift (two deadlifted over 600 lbs., including an upcoming sophomore). In the last man standing squat competition, 2 squatted 315 lbs 52 times, with the next 2 squatting 315 lbs 42 and 40 times, respectively. They will only get stronger now that spring sports are over and they will all be on regularly scheduled workouts. Time to get in football shape.

Return to “Football”