10/30 - Ironton (5-4) at South Point (2-7)

War Daddy
Waterboy

Re: 10/30 - Ironton (5-4) at South Point (2-7)

Post by War Daddy »

Homecoming Game!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

It's the previews gotta take your win somewhere. I don't think the South Point coach did anything wrong. I think if anybody did anything wrong it was the Ironton coaches and players not coming out to dominate and instead just going through the motions during the previews.
Anyway none of that matters anymore Ironton will win huge in this game.

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

I can remember 2-3 years ago, South Point beat Coal Grove in the preview game at Coal Grove and you thought they had won the state. The coach at that time was yelling "the reign is over". Later in the year CG dropped 50 on them.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

12gauge wrote:Irontons last game this year.This has been a tough year.Injuries,too many starters out this yearat times.Clock management?Took 2 time outs to kick a fieldgoal at Coal Grove?!?!Sometimes it's hilarious what you hear from the fence and stands.On the back side lots of playing time for the underclassmen.I sure hope these guys remember the pee wee football stuff the S.Point coach pulled at the preview lol
I would not be afraid to say that Ironton staff is not much better than a pee wee staff.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

osu 77 wrote:
12gauge wrote:Irontons last game this year.This has been a tough year.Injuries,too many starters out this yearat times.Clock management?Took 2 time outs to kick a fieldgoal at Coal Grove?!?!Sometimes it's hilarious what you hear from the fence and stands.On the back side lots of playing time for the underclassmen.I sure hope these guys remember the pee wee football stuff the S.Point coach pulled at the preview lol
I would not be afraid to say that Ironton staff is not much better than a pee wee staff.
I would have to agree. Just watching the games on line, it's awful what's going on.
I'm always a tiger fan first, then any1 representing SEO, but something has got to be done.
Big congrats to the players stepping up & winning 5straight, without starters, with the flu & diarreah, playing completely sick.. They've done a heckuva job.
I hope what I've been told by several very reliable sources, & I'm just going to spill the beans.
The AD is focusing more on IHS being a basketball school & is focusing less on FB.
During the iheartradio app. Interview About 3-weeks ago, he defended himself to that exact scenario without being asked in the interview.
I know the football program is ultimately the coaches responsibility, but it would not be good if he is throwing any roadblocks to our FB program.
I just want to see if any other fans have these concerns.

I wish the fighting tigers the best of luck Friday & hope they bring home their first outright OVC trophy!!!
Good luck!!!

To the IHS posters: I know I've been outspoken, but I'm just @ that point where I'm letting it fly when I feel strong about many things!!!
I hope I've not offended anyone or lost respect, but if so. Oh well!!!
GOTIGERSGO!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Isn't the AD the basketball coach? Of course he is going to have more focus on basketball than football. Honestly, aside from making the schedule and making sure they have officials, what else could he (or any AD) do to make the football team better? As you mentioned, that is on the football coaches shoulders to make them a better football team.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

I'm not sure that's the case.I think Lafon gets the most out of his players,that's why they are successful.He holds a b-ball camp in the summer for the young kids.This year the football team did have one.But it seemed like they just had one because St.Joe had one.Someone correct me didn't they do away with football in the 90's? These Tiger teams need to look to the youth.Have camps for them,at no cost to them.Get sponsors for t-shirts to give them,feed em etc.Get them to come out.It's more than just $$.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

4thgoal wrote:Isn't the AD the basketball coach? Of course he is going to have more focus on basketball than football. Honestly, aside from making the schedule and making sure they have officials, what else could he (or any AD) do to make the football team better? As you mentioned, that is on the football coaches shoulders to make them a better football team.
he is good basketball coach!!! 1 of ironton biggest problems is PLAY CALLING

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Going to be tough letting go coaches when most of them work at school.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I THINK IN ALOT OF SCHOOLS THAT'S THE PROBLEM. TEACHERS BEING COACHES.
I know it's a general practice. but it makes it harder to get coaches that way, and to get rid of coaches if needed.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the fighting tigers need to finish strong and they are going to need some help.but after an 0-4 start this would be sweet to claw our way back into the playoff picture some how.anybody can get hot in week 11.we'll just have to wait and see. we have to win week 10 1st.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I sure hope if we win this one, we get some help and get back into the playoffs. I could care less who we play. we'll be on the road anyway if we do.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree in some part but Vass is in way over his head at this point. He needs to step back and go find some coaches that have coached other places and get rid of the family affair. This has gone on long enough and I hoping the school board election will help the kids out. When you talk to the kids they have no respect for their coaches. Before everybody jumps the gun that could be from what is said at home. But the lack of fundamental football play in all areas of the team is a direct reflection of the coaching staff.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm just a fan, no matter who's there. but I've seen the same things as well.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

tigers pounding pointers!!
42-7

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I sure hope if we win this one, we get some help and get back into the playoffs. I could care less who we play. we'll be on the road anyway if we do.
its gonna be short trip down to burgville!!!!!

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I sure hope if we win this one, we get some help and get back into the playoffs. I could care less who we play. we'll be on the road anyway if we do.
And a short trip to basketball practice afterward. :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cg-ironton fan wrote:

let's get there 1st.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

AND YOU HAIN'T RIGHT EITHER. I BOUT SPIT LUZIANNE SWEET TEA ON MY KEYBOARD.

12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

P(irate) wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

Your Tiger Bait-it's posters like this that will never take it back to the way it "used to be".Way too much "punk posting" goes on.People don't meet up at halftime to meet and great other posters.How bout those luncheons posters used to have?Quantity of posters don't =quality posters. Nuff said

Return to “Football”