Region 19 Final - Liberty Union v. Bishop Ready

moty
Riding the Bench

Re: Region 19 Final - Liberty Union v. Bishop Ready

Post by moty »

FIDO wrote:From my unbiased opinion after seeing Ready play West, I think Ready wins this one. Ready is extremely quick on defense and they play sideline to sideline. I felt Ready's defensive front was a lot better than West's offensive front. West could never really get it going offensively. I felt for the most part West's defense did an outstanding job against Ready's offense. The score of this game doesn't give justice to how closely these two teams matched up.

I agree with your statement completely. Ready's d line and backers are very fast and they were in the West backfield most of the night. Lions if you want to move the ball on this d you gotta get a block on 60 and 61 very good lineman and backer.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

BR 24-0

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

^I could see that. Liberty Union is not as good overall as Ready's last opponent. The Knights should be on their way to a second straight regional title.

But what do we know. 20 people are certain that Ready's going to win. 20 are certain Liberty Union will win. in reality, no one knows anything and all will be determined Saturday night. But that won't stop 20 people from saying "I told you so" after the game. :roll:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

The_X_Factor....How do you know that Liberty Union is not as good as Ready's last opponent? That is simply your opinion. Just like many people thought before the games were played that Nelsonville-York and Wheelersburg were better than Liberty Union but those folks were then proven wrong. Nobody knows if Portsmouth West is better because they haven't and will not be playing each other.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

I have to agree completely with FIDO.

fb4ever
Waterboy

Post by fb4ever »

burg grad;

If IF'S and BUT'S were candy and nuts????

x-factor;

Ready's last opponent was terrible. Completely one dimensional, run only, not much of an opponent at all. Wheelersburg should have beat West. If they play 9 more times, Wheelersburg wins NINE times.

moty
Riding the Bench

Post by moty »

fb4ever wrote:burg grad;

If IF'S and BUT'S were candy and nuts????

x-factor;

Ready's last opponent was terrible. Completely one dimensional, run only, not much of an opponent at all. Wheelersburg should have beat West. If they play 9 more times, Wheelersburg wins NINE times.

That is a completely ignorant post. If they played 9 more times, they're terrible, blah blah. You will see how good Ready is Sat. night. They were by far the fastest team West played all year with good size. I have seen both teams play and i dont think Ready will blow the Lions out but i think they will win. That one dimensional team you talk about only lost once and it wasnt near as lopsided as the score showed. You should just worry about what your team is going to do and not what everyone else does. You already showed your intelligence by saying a 14-7 game that was tied at one point was never in doubt.

ny_buckeyes60
Waterboy

Post by ny_buckeyes60 »

U notice how the liberty union folks always have to say something about nelsonville york even though we lost they knew we had them under pressure in a close one..... but good luck lu from buckeye land we respect your team yall have alot of heart good luck tonight...... u better be hitting hard and making the ready team see nothing but a$$ cheeks from your backs all night long :12224 :12224

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:I have always thought Ready was the top school in R19. As a private school, they have an unfair advantage over all of the public schools. They recruit football players from throughout Columbus/Central Ohio. A school like Ready will never be an underdog in any playoff game against a public school, regardless of the rankings. If Ready loses to a public school, it will be one that is state championship material.

Having said that, I would rather see Liberty Union win this game, even though my money is on Ready. I like nothing more than to see a public school knock off a private school.

Amen Brother !
All The Private Schools should have their on playoff system, and not with the Public Schools !

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

10-0 Liberty Unon right now.
http://www.wfcofm.com/

EAST 2005-2008
Freshman Team

Post by EAST 2005-2008 »

WOW :!: :!: good luck LU in your next game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congrats to LU on the 13-3 victory.

Regional champs and on the way to the final four.

Savor the moment LU and don't be satisfied with just getting to the final four. I remember when Burg won it in 1989, it was a great ride all the way through the playoffs.

Good luck next week in the semi-finals.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I'm sure there are probably still doubters out there but this LU team is on an amazing run. They are now 12-1 and the Div. V Reg. 19 champions and headed to the final four! What a great game tonight. The offense sputtered but it didn't matter. The defense and special teams were AWESOME....blocked punt for a TD and 2 LONG FG's by Sam Tenant (50 yd and 47 yd).

GO LIONS!!! Keep rolling!

fb4ever
Waterboy

Post by fb4ever »

The_X_Factor wrote:^I could see that. Liberty Union is not as good overall as Ready's last opponent. The Knights should be on their way to a second straight regional title.

But what do we know. 20 people are certain that Ready's going to win. 20 are certain Liberty Union will win. in reality, no one knows anything and all will be determined Saturday night. But that won't stop 20 people from saying "I told you so" after the game. :roll:

Yes Liberty Union just doesn't have what it takes to win. First the number 3 seed, then the number 2 seed then the number 5 seed. Each week better and better, by 1 point first round, by 7 second round and by 10 in regional championship game. Nelsonvill-York is by far the best of the three teams. I will state that if Nelsonville-York would have beat Liberty Union, they would be the Region 19 Champ. Keep it rolling LU, Next week will be tough, practice hard and leave it all on the field.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

WOW!!!! :shock: :shock:

Congrats to LU!!!

Good Luck the rest of the way!!!!!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

I am surprised but very pleased to see that LU beat Ready. With all the recruiting they do I really thought Ready would be the team to beat in Region 19 and it is good to see them knocked off. I bet Ole JJ on the Puddle is not happy right now since they are one of his chosen teams. Good luck to LU in the State Semis. You will have all of Region 19 pulling for you.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

This is the kind of run programs are built out of!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Congrats to the LU Lions on the big win. I was one of the doubters and really thought their season would end against Ready, but I will eat my crow with a little BBQ sauce. lol

Good luck against Ursiline. Prove us all wrong again.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Say hello to Jamel Turner. :shock: Buckeye, Trojan, Gator?

http://scoutingohio.com/Jamel_Turner_Ursuline.htm

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

This kid definitely looks like a good player, however I don't think the video shows much. Every sack they show, Turner is basically unblocked. Nobody even touches him. One thing is for sure though, the kid is extremely fast.

Return to “Football”