Derek Roback Offers

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Derek Roback Offers

Post by Bleeding Red »

irish08 wrote:I think that D Owens is a little bias towards Roback, because I dont think he ever saw Caleb M. or Angle play. And well I have seen all three play, and by far the best of the three "HIGH SCHOOL" quarterbacks is Caleb M. IMO

You wont convince the faithful of Waverly of anything.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Bleeding Red wrote:AND TROOPER- I will take Oesch from Minford any day. Roback wouldnt be the best thing since sliced bread to me if he were at Minford. Not to take anything away from him, but Oesch was part of the Minford team that went 8-2 in the regular season and to the playoffs this past year. So I wouldnt change a thing.

Take who you want, I don't care. You wouldn't change the 2 losses to Wheelersburg (after all, you gave them the W) and West? It looks like I struck a nerve in Muletown.

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

If anyone on here doesn't believe this kid will get D1 offers, then they obviously don't know what to look for in a college football player. Without a doubt, Roback is the best ATHLETE in southern Ohio. He has excelled very well in camps and combines that many scouts attend. Whether he's going to play quarterback in college, that has yet to be determined. I believe the original post asked if he's received any other offers since OU. Does anyone know if he has been offered since then? I heard he took many visits to colleges this past season, including Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, West Virginia, and OU. Correct me if I'm wrong and include ones I've forgotten. Now, if he's good enough to get invited to those big time schools, then he's good enough to play D1 football.

Some of these comments are ridiculus. Waverly fans are going to defend Derek. Others will attack him. However, everyone needs to realize that he's only a junior in high school and probably reads this. College coaches look at a variety of things when recruiting. A 4-6 record as starting quarterback isn't going to turn away recruiters. Just watch him in action to see how good of an athlete he is. They are looking at his abilities. And with his size, speed, and strength, I'd say he'll have several choices to pick from next year. Oh yeah, he's also a 4.0 student!

For those of you who want to argue positions, we can start another thread titled, "What position will Derek Roback play in college?"

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ace wrote:If anyone on here doesn't believe this kid will get D1 offers, then they obviously don't know what to look for in a college football player. Without a doubt, Roback is the best ATHLETE in southern Ohio. He has excelled very well in camps and combines that many scouts attend. Whether he's going to play quarterback in college, that has yet to be determined. I believe the original post asked if he's received any other offers since OU. Does anyone know if he has been offered since then? I heard he took many visits to colleges this past season, including Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, West Virginia, and OU. Correct me if I'm wrong and include ones I've forgotten. Now, if he's good enough to get invited to those big time schools, then he's good enough to play D1 football.

Some of these comments are ridiculus. Waverly fans are going to defend Derek. Others will attack him. However, everyone needs to realize that he's only a junior in high school and probably reads this. College coaches look at a variety of things when recruiting. A 4-6 record as starting quarterback isn't going to turn away recruiters. Just watch him in action to see how good of an athlete he is. They are looking at his abilities. And with his size, speed, and strength, I'd say he'll have several choices to pick from next year. Oh yeah, he's also a 4.0 student!

For those of you who want to argue positions, we can start another thread titled, "What position will Derek Roback play in college?"

Ace- didnt know about all of those BIG schools he visited. Where is that able to be verified at? It seems that all of southern Ohio would have known about him visiting schools of that stature.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

I know he visited those schools this past season. If you don't believe it, I'm sure Waverly's head coach or AD would verify it for you.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Trooper wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:AND TROOPER- I will take Oesch from Minford any day. Roback wouldnt be the best thing since sliced bread to me if he were at Minford. Not to take anything away from him, but Oesch was part of the Minford team that went 8-2 in the regular season and to the playoffs this past year. So I wouldnt change a thing.

Take who you want, I don't care. You wouldn't change the 2 losses to Wheelersburg (after all, you gave them the W) and West? It looks like I struck a nerve in Muletown.

You didnt strike a nerve Trooper.

Minford went 8-2 with no DI prospects, so I would trade anyone off the Minford team.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Replacing Roback with Oesch would not have helped the Tigers any. Roback was running for his life most of the time and I'd say he's a little faster and quicker than Oesch.
Just because Oesch played for an 8-2 Minford squad does not make him better then Roback - such logic is insane.
Minford would have finished at least 8-2 with Roback at QB.
You CANNOT compare the success of the two teams and determine which guy is the better QB or athlete.
I do know Derek Roback is one the best ATHLETES to come through Waverly in some time and that is saying allot.

Derek Roback WILL be playing at a D1 college - IF HE CHOOSES TO!

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Regardless of what everyone in Scioto Co thinks the SOC isn't the center of the football universe. Derek has been invited to visit those schools (which he did) based on his performances in the camps that he has attended and performed well at. A coach watching a film of Waverly vs. Minford isn't going to help a kid get a college scholarship. Competing in combines against the best in the nation and doing well is what gets you looked at.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Bleeding Red-Roback took visits to Ohio State, Michigan, OU, Illinois and Notre Dame. Those are just off the top of my head, I am probably forgetting a couple. He did not take his visit to West Virginia due to weather.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

why in the world would the waverly staff want to put proof out regarding what schools he has visited..
some people just dont have a clue...

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I know for a fact he visited Michigan, Notre Dame and Illinois as a couple of my buddies were there with him on the visit. I was told OSU was inviting him and OU offered so It is pretty safe to say he visited there. I was know he had a visit scheduled to WVa.

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Ace wrote:If anyone on here doesn't believe this kid will get D1 offers, then they obviously don't know what to look for in a college football player. Without a doubt, Roback is the best ATHLETE in southern Ohio. He has excelled very well in camps and combines that many scouts attend. Whether he's going to play quarterback in college, that has yet to be determined. I believe the original post asked if he's received any other offers since OU. Does anyone know if he has been offered since then? I heard he took many visits to colleges this past season, including Ohio State, Michigan, Purdue, West Virginia, and OU. Correct me if I'm wrong and include ones I've forgotten. Now, if he's good enough to get invited to those big time schools, then he's good enough to play D1 football.

Ace- didnt know about all of those BIG schools he visited. Where is that able to be verified at? It seems that all of southern Ohio would have known about him visiting schools of that stature.

http://bucknuts.com/football/recruiting ... er=&page=3

Derek made 2 trips to CBUS this past season. I am sure it will not be his last.....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Thats great! That is all I was wanting, a link to see where he was getting invited to and see a little more info on the topic.

Thanks 72!

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

for the person that pm'ed me asking why the waverly staff wouldnt put out proof as to what is going on with derek roback..

why would the coaching staff be so compelled to put out proof on southeasternohiopreps to the goings on of one of their football players..
you think they really care what the people on here think

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

this article was on the front page at Bucknuts.com today.

http://www.bucknuts.com/news/articles/2 ... ohio-state

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

I don't know what goes into the scouting services rating, But Roback is listed on both(with stated offer from OU).Neither Knight or Angle is even listed as prospects(yet?).I personally have not seen this kid play, I have watched both Knight and Angle play both are very gifted athlets and will play somewhere after HS.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

...both are very gifted athlets and will play somewhere after HS.

So will Derek.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

If you go across that bridge and you take a left you'll come to a stop sign and its right there across the street you cant miss it.

Snipe
Waterboy

Post by Snipe »

Dereck Roback is a hard working athlete thats a plus but Roback like BR said is not showing me enough with competion he has had to beal able to go to a D1 School right now so we will just have to wait til next season to see what happens ?

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

So what some of you are saying is that if you work hard and go to the "BIG COLLEGE FOOTBALL CAMPS" that they are D1 prospects. Well if that is the case then my son who is a freshman and has been at the college camps than he is a D1 prospect. because I know for a fact that there are better athelets in southern ohio than Roback. So, just because you go to the camps that doesnt mean that those colleges are looking at you because anyone can go to them. I have wathched Roback play several times and he has done nothing to impress anyone.

Return to “Football”