Derek Roback Offers

JohnKnight
Varsity

Re: Derek Roback Offers

Post by JohnKnight »

Beanie Wells' team Akron Garfield was 5-5 his senior year. They were Division II same as Chillicothe was that year.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Didn't PHS have 2 Div-I linemen this past year? PHS record was 1-9 (sorry, edited) wasn't it. I noticed they still signed their LOIs!

I am not trying to put anyone down here. Just showing how ignorant some of the comments are that have been posted on this thread.

The things you say make sense to us but to the college coaches that think they can teach kids the football part, they could care less and have no idea what level of competition these records come from. Division II and even some Div I leagues are not as tough as some div 4-5 leagues some years. College coaches don't put much stock in those numbers. The best lineman is Ohio could be six foot tall and he will not get a DI offer no matter how sucessfull his team is and he could have been all state 4 years in a row.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

he lacks 2 very important things that you have to play the game of football 1. HEART 2. field awareness. I no I have offended some people on this thread, and im sorry for that. but im just trying to be real and not trying to blow smoke. he is an ok athlete but even a D-2 school would be nice. but this year is when all those numbers count, and how he reacts and preforms with the ok team he has around him, because no matter how bad the team is the talent will rise to the top.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

He has no heart or field awareness?

I have no idea who you are so I can't say you are an idiot, but I can say that is an absolute idiotic statement!

You apparently have no idea who Derek Roback is. You may know of him and maybe you have seen him play but you obviously do not KNOW him.

Anyone in their right mind, who actually knows Derek Roback, would never make such a bold statement.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

irish08 wrote:he is an ok athlete but even a D-2 school would be nice.

You need to stay off the internet during computer class and worry about your class work. In case you missed the earlier posts from others, Roback has already been offered a scholarship to Ohio University (D-I), thus making him a D-I recruit. Say what you want, but you can't argue that point!

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

Ohio U. now that is something to be proud of if he is so good why settle for OU. and as for tigers 2010 you think that because you have one average kid that the whole football community should revolve around waverly I Dont think so.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Playing at OU gives you the opportunity to play close to home and hopefully OU can get things turned around soon! Go Bobcats and good luck to Roback.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Than you don't know me either, irish08.

wrestlefan1
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan1 »

i wonder what all big ten school offered irish08

hey irish, are you from southern ohio??

if you are, we can figure out who you are..

someone wont call him an idiot??
i will.. you are an idiot

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

irish08 wrote:Ohio U. now that is something to be proud of if he is so good why settle for OU. and as for tigers 2010 you think that because you have one average kid that the whole football community should revolve around waverly I Dont think so.

His Dad played for Ohio University in the 1970s, so there are ties to Athens.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

WOW what can you say to somebody who is so off the mark, you know you have offended people on here in the past wow unreal Im really surprised anyone would get mad at you lol. No heart huh lets see qb, safety, special teams k/p, returner, he probably played 85% of all snaps a game, sounds like he has one big heart to me, which of course he does, work ethic, brains the kids got it going on, you need to go give 30 hail mary's for the irish crap your slinging, lets see for the sin of jealousy we should go 20 hail mary's and 10 more for just being an idiot.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

crazymidgets wrote:WOW what can you say to somebody who is so off the mark, you know you have offended people on here in the past wow unreal Im really surprised anyone would get mad at you lol. No heart huh lets see qb, safety, special teams k/p, returner, he probably played 85% of all snaps a game, sounds like he has one big heart to me, which of course he does, work ethic, brains the kids got it going on, you need to go give 30 hail mary's for the irish crap your slinging, lets see for the sin of jealousy we should go 20 hail mary's and 10 more for just being an idiot.

irish is upset because an OU team with Roback would probably beat notre dame this year. :lol:

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

Have another drink of Haterade irish08.
For you to make the statement that Derek has no heart, tells me that you either A) Play for the Waverly Football team, B) Know Derek Roback very well or C) none of the above. If A is the case, quit, move, go be Terrell Owens on another team, we DO NOT want you. If B, is the choice what goes around comes around. Trust me you will get yours. If you answered C, you have no right or grounds to make a comment like that. I don't care who you are, what you do, how much $ you have, no one and I mean no one should get on a forum and make a comment like that about a 17 year old high school kid.

http://www.bucknuts.com/football/recrui ... filter=ATH

10 players listed on the above link. 10 players from all over the country, are listed as ATH recruits for the next class of OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. Do you think Derek made the list because he is not a D1 recruit?

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

maybe all of his supporters should start another thread on derek r. and name. "it the hopes of waverlys football program rest on derek robacks shoulders". because from what you all are saying he is the only one on this team and you guys are the true idiots if you seriously think that.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

I WOULD LIKE TO APPOLOGIZE TO ALL OF THE WAVERLY FANS. EXCEPT FOR THE ONES WHO CALLED ME AN IDIOT FOR THOSE PEOPLE ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS WELL MIDDLE FINGER UP!!!!!!!!. WELL I AM FINDING THIS OUT AFTER MY LAST POST. I WAS ON ESPN AND HE WAS RANK IN THE TOP 150 RECRUITS, AND FOR ESPN TO PUT HIM ON SAYS ALOT FOR THE KID, SO I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO APPLOGIZE TO HIM AND HIS FAMILY . FOR ANY DUMB REMARKS THAT I PUT ON HERE THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE READ, AND I WOULD LIKE TO WISH DEREK ROBACK ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD AND GODSPEED IN THE UPCOMING SEASON.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

irish08 wrote:I WOULD LIKE TO APPOLOGIZE TO ALL OF THE WAVERLY FANS. EXCEPT FOR THE ONES WHO CALLED ME AN IDIOT FOR THOSE PEOPLE ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS WELL MIDDLE FINGER UP!!!!!!!!. WELL I AM FINDING THIS OUT AFTER MY LAST POST. I WAS ON ESPN AND HE WAS RANK IN THE TOP 150 RECRUITS, AND FOR ESPN TO PUT HIM ON SAYS ALOT FOR THE KID, SO I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO APPLOGIZE TO HIM AND HIS FAMILY . FOR ANY DUMB REMARKS THAT I PUT ON HERE THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE READ, AND I WOULD LIKE TO WISH DEREK ROBACK ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD AND GODSPEED IN THE UPCOMING SEASON.

I can almost feel the sincerity in your post.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

AT LEAST I CAN ADMIT WHEN I'M WRONG SO WETHER OR NOT YOU ACCEPT THAT DOESNT MATTER TO ME. I WAS SINCERE WHEN I WISHED D.ROBACK LUCK.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Just a sudden change of heart, that's all.

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

yes i guess you could say that.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

irish08,
People have posted countless information about Derek on this thread, even provided links, but it's not until you find where he listed in the top 150 on ESPN that you stop the bashing? It doesn't really matter if he is on ESPN's top 150, you shouldn't have been making the remarks you were making.

If you are truly sincere, apology accepted, but I can only speak for myself. We do have to be skeptical though, when during your apology you have the arrogance to fly the nasty bird at some. That is totally uncalled for!

Return to “Football”