Wheelersburg's new field turf

fbnut
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg's new field turf

Post by fbnut »

I believe Holzer hospital paid for Jacksons turf. You aren't going to find many communities in southern ohio that can raise 1/2 million dollars without somekind of a big corporate donation.

A-Bomb
Riding the Bench

Post by A-Bomb »

curious football question for you burgites.....who will be the signal caller next season.....lang or schankwiler?

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

A-Bomb wrote:curious football question for you burgites.....who will be the signal caller next season.....lang or schankwiler?

If both play next year then they will both will start somewhere on offense...so my answer to you is neither.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Valleys field was funded from good investments and money management by Mr. Booth and the school board and i heard a settlemment from some construction miscues in which the school had sued the contractor but that is just what the rumor was but mostly funded from the proper planning and money management

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

HItops wrote:Valleys field was funded from good investments and money management by Mr. Booth and the school board and i heard a settlemment from some construction miscues in which the school had sued the contractor but that is just what the rumor was but mostly funded from the proper planning and money management

Investments and money management?...kind of a generic answer but oh well

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Valley had a 'forgotten' fund show up after the new buildings were built as well as a hefty donation from a local business.

And contrary to popular belief, Wheelersburg is not richer than any other part of the county. In fact in a statistically comparision published in the newspaper several years ago, Clay (Rosemount) was the richest per capita area of any school district. Porter Township fell about 1/3 of the way down the list. We have doctors and small businesses. Not a lot of big business in Wheelersburg from which those type of donations come.

Maybe we need a grant writer. That is NOT my area of expertise.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I think Portsmouth has lucked out more than anyone with a 10 million donation that will end up being alot more once construction is complete on the new stadium's. Not only will the football stadium be turf but the baseball field will be as well, that's not common in high school. It will be a sweet addition to the downtown area.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

The Riepo Man wrote:
A-Bomb wrote:curious football question for you burgites.....who will be the signal caller next season.....lang or schankwiler?

If both play next year then they will both will start somewhere on offense...so my answer to you is neither.

Lang will be quaterback. They are close athletic wise but Tyler has the arm to throw when it is needed.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I think the decision has already been made and shank will be the qb in 09. I think the coaches like the idea of having a 3 yr starter in 2010. I think the crap about shank not having an arm is just that crap. The kid was a soph, the kid played great for a soph. I don't remember a soph qb having any more of an impact on a burg team since c brown in 81. Shank will grow,he will get stronger, his arm will get stronger the next 2 yrs. Does anyone remember what kaskey, miller,gill or eaton looked like physically when they were sophmores, well none of them were anywhere near as developed as shank. Maybe eaton but I think I would still give the edge to shank. I think lang is a very good fb player who could probably play every position on the feild on both sides of the ball, but shank gives you a lot more speed and big play ability at the qb position plus it lets you put lang who just has a nose for the football and will probably be the leader of the D next yr inside at the Ilb position.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Hope there's some way to accomplish the goal and get the turf.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

All black turf.......turn out all the lights so no one can see...turn them back on and the team magically appears while playing Back in Black 8) or Hells Bells...either way would be frickin sweet if it actually worked.

Anything but that brighter green turf....I know it is fake but please make it look somewhat natural

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

The Riepo Man wrote:All black turf.......turn out all the lights so no one can see...turn them back on and the team magically appears while playing Back in Black 8) or Hells Bells...either way would be frickin sweet of it actually worked.

Anything but that brighter green turf....I know it is fake but please make it look somewhat natural

HELL YA!! Boise State has nothing on the Black Turf!! Come Walk the plank in the Black Sea! Black field, Orange Numbers, White Lines!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I personally think it would be cool...obviously unique...kinda crazy but alot of the people there a crazy in some way or another....wouldnt hurt the eyes like the blue turf...problem is the administration would never go for it (along with most of the community probably)

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

The Riepo Man wrote:All black turf.......turn out all the lights so no one can see...turn them back on and the team magically appears while playing Back in Black 8) or Hells Bells...either way would be frickin sweet if it actually worked.

Didn't they do that to Minford once in the infamous double halftime game? :lol: Just kidding, I actually like the black turf idea, alot more than orange.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Hey if it was orange hunters wouldnt accidentally shoot it :lol: lame joke

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Let me just say this, while I realize that you are joking about the Black turf, the green (grass color) is freaking hot as it is. Black would be an oven. You would have kids passing out right and left.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

buckfan84 wrote:Let me just say this, while I realize that you are joking about the Black turf, the green (grass color) is freaking hot as it is. Black would be an oven. You would have kids passing out right and left.

I was kinda joking...to be honest with you I would really like having black turf but I know that heat would have played a factor...I think it would be more plausible if we lived in a cooler climate...the heat would really only play a factor during the first half of the season.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I agree though, BLACK turf would look awesome!!!!!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

another side note on the turf being hot, you can also replace the black rubber with white rubber, it's probably more expensive but well worth it, turf is easily 10 degrees hotter than grass

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

At least 10 degrees, I would say it feels like 20-30 though. lol

Return to “Football”