Burg Football 09...

Get_Rocked
Waterboy

Burg Football 09...

Post by Get_Rocked »

The Burg seems to have quite a few atheletes coming back...should be interesting...any thoughts?

vladimir
S

Re: Burg Football 09...

Post by vladimir »

Yes I agree Mechanicsburg should be good after getting beat for the regional final.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

No the REAL Burg around here!
Mechanicsburg is just a "fixed up" Burg! Thats why they call it "mechanics"burg :lol: :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Then who r u talking about Centerburg?

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Tobias forgot the one and only Burg in Scioto County!
THE BURG!! Wheelersburg BABY!!

Let's get Rocked? You mean rock the boat! Right?

No Mechanic's is a heck of a program!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I'm not really thrilled about admitting this, but burg is going to be really good next year. They lost no one, hung with West (even though that I think West had already peaked), beat Ironton, and lost return almost everyone. Even though I think my siders will be good, the burg is gonna be hard to beat, by West, Minford or anyone

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Down year for burg...syke! Once again they will be loaded.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Is it August yet?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Oh so you're talking about the team wheelersburg the one who got beat by centerburg in the first round of the playoffs in 2005.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Vladimir wrote:Oh so you're talking about the team wheelersburg the one who got beat by centerburg in the first round of the playoffs in 2005.

He's talking about the wheelersburg team that's been in the playoffs 21 times and has a State Championship Title. ;-)

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Until they play an MBC team like Centerburg or Fredricksburg (home of the Freddies.) South Eastern Ohio Football, lol!

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Vlad...who are you to get on here and bash Wheelersburg and the rest of Southern Ohio football?? They have proven themselves many times against bigger schools.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I, personally, am from the northern Licking county area and that's just what I see. Even happened again this year when Liberty Union played Wheelersburg, Col. Bishop Ready played West and last year when Minford traveled to Johnstown. Face it the teams north and east of Columbus owns you guys down there.

The post came up of 'Burg' football and I thought he was talking about Mechanicsburg as there was no clarification as to which 'burg in which the poster was speaking. Then only to find out from a Wheelersburg poster he was talking about the pirates, and I quote "There's only one Burg," meaning the rest with that name are subservient. Well, guess what there are a few more programs with the name burg that have taken Wheelersburg behind the woodshed. So pull your high and mighty crap some place else cause it won't work with me. Also, South Eastern Ohio football, especially, Wheelersburg, needs to get over themselves, because I hate to tell ya this but....you're not anything special.

If the original post started as: Wheelersburg of 2009, you probably wouldn't have even heard from me.
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Well we are clearly not bragging on ourselves, this site was made for what it says, Southeastern football, we were just discussing Wheelersburg, which to most Southeastern football fans is called simply the burg, and yes most are perfectly aware that Columbus/Northern Ohio football have historically owned Southeastern Ohio, but that doesn't mean the players or coaches down here don't work just as hard as everyone else.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

I believe he said: "No the real Burg AROUND HERE"..."around here" being the key part...and then "one and only Burg in Scioto County"..."Scioto County" being the key there.

No where did I see any of us saying that the other "BURGs" didn't matter or exist.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Neutron Man wrote:No the REAL Burg around here!
Mechanicsburg is just a "fixed up" Burg! Thats why they call it "mechanics"burg :lol: :lol:

Really??

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Vladimir wrote:
Neutron Man wrote:No the REAL Burg around here!

Really??

Yeah...that was just a play on words

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

Vladimir wrote:I, personally, am from the northern Licking county area

Last time I checked, that is not Southeastern Ohio.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

And just to be clear: this one is The Burg with The Excellence with Distinction Rating from the state of Ohio. With only 72 schools in the state rating that level, I doubt there are too many other 'burgs' that would include.

And it is not just us who call us that:

In 1982 when Wheelersburg played in the final four in St. John's in basketball, the people there put the team name up on the scoreboard: "The Burg".

It works for me.

:aaaaa114

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I did not say there were none....

But that criteria did immediately eliminated Centerburg and Perrysburg and Reynoldsburg and Mechanicsburg and dozens of other burgs. LOL.

While you have the list of 74 schools up, are any others in the Southeast district?

Return to “Football”