Burg Football 09...

Get_Rocked
Waterboy

Re: Burg Football 09...

Post by Get_Rocked »

All right thats enough. Lets get back to the topic. How do you think wheelersburg football will be next year?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Coming off a 10-0 season and an appearance in the regional championship game, I think the Indians of Mechanicsburg will be loaded again for the 2009 season.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Vladimir wrote:Coming off a 10-0 season and an appearance in the regional championship game, I think the Indians of Mechanicsburg will be loaded again for the 2009 season.

THE Burg! (Wheelersburg) will pull of a stellar 9-10 win season, AGAIN!!
Conf. Championship, AGAIN!! & another deep playoff run, AGAIN!!!

I would put up good money to see Wheelersburg beat up on mechanicsburg.
wouldnt even be close! Licking Valley would be a good game but I'd stick to THE Burg!!
Wheelersburg is too good at stopping Purple/Yellow teams nicknamed indians from getting inside the 20 yrd line. & scoring a TD in 5-6 years (ASK VALLEY)

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West and Wheelersburg will go into week 10 again next year undefeated in the conference and playing for the SOC again. Only team in the league that could spoil it is Minford. The have the skill guys, but unless they improve greatly up front, that will not happen IMO.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

siderman wrote:West and Wheelersburg will go into week 10 again next year undefeated in the conference and playing for the SOC again. Only team in the league that could spoil it is Minford. The have the skill guys, but unless they improve greatly up front, that will not happen IMO.

I agree...Minford must be tired of having SOC chances spoiled time and time again

Get_Rocked
Waterboy

Post by Get_Rocked »

Who are some of the key players coming back for Wheelersburg???

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Get_Rocked wrote:Who are some of the key players coming back for Wheelersburg???

Burg loses 3 Seniors. Jordan Shankweiler, Brian White, & one other can't remember!

I believe its only 3 I could be off by 1 or 2
But Pretty much the whole team is coming back!
To me the only REAL loss is Jordan. White is a great short yrd runner, and a hard hitter, but easily replaced. Jordan has speed!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Seven seniors: They lose 3 starters on defense, 5 starters on offense and the kicker and one non-starter.

Jordan Schankweiler, Bryan White, Aaron Hopper, Adam Hacker, Dustin Robertson, Aaron White and Ridge Bentley.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

White was a 3 yr starter and a leader on the football feild, trust me he will not be easily replaced. 6'1" 215lb athletes do not grow on trees in this area.
Neutron Man wrote:
Get_Rocked wrote:Who are some of the key players coming back for Wheelersburg???

Burg loses 3 Seniors. Jordan Shankweiler, Brian White, & one other can't remember!

To me the only REAL loss is Jordan. White is a great short yrd runner, and a hard hitter, but easily replaced. Jordan has speed!

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

fbnut wrote:White was a 3 yr starter and a leader on the football feild, trust me he will not be easily replaced. 6'1" 215lb athletes do not grow on trees in this area.
Neutron Man wrote:

Players like White at burg are a dime a dozen.
There a alot of 3 yr starting leaders on the field.
In Burg Athletes DO grow on trees! I've seen it.
Year in and year out players leave and players step up and fill the shoes!

Not saying White wasn't a good/great player, just saying he is easily replaced!

Get_Rocked
Waterboy

Post by Get_Rocked »

How about some of the juniors that are going to have to fill them shoes?

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

chris prater, joe reinhardt(sp), both soph--- both received good playing time on the line this past year. they wll be competing for a spot---along with sloan, hudgle and maybe b. hall. He (B hall) just doesnt seem like much of a running back in my eyes. probably better suited for the line with good size, pretty quick and strong---sounds like a great guard or maybe TE.

The Line---conkey, frowine, leach, prater, reinhardt, B hall, sloan, hudgle, scott, mcgraw, brown

TE----Kemper, parsley, ward, B hall, A hall

Backs/Rec.---lang, shank, walker, craigmiles, adkins, kemper, ward, whitley, o'brien, shear, A hall

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Gonna be a GREAT season next year!
more stronger, faster, experienced team!

Can't wait!

outofbounds
Waterboy

Post by outofbounds »

I think the key to next year's burg team will be the work they put in this offseason in the weight room. There is no doubt a bunch of talent coming back. THey just need to get stronger to go with that speed and I think Woodward will see that they are in the weight room working to get stronger this offseason. I think they have the chance to be special next year and I hoping they realize their potential, but it all starts now during the winter and summer months. Hit the weights guys!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Neutron man were going to have to agree to disagree on pretty much everything in your last post. White was a man among boys last yr at linebacker. It's just not as easy to replace kids like that as you seem to think and the burg usually does not have 6'1" 215lb kids playing skilled positions. They have some big kids on the line, they have some small kids at the skilled positions, they might have kids that are 6'1"6'3" but they are usually either 185lbs or 260lbs. There usually aren't to many 3 yr starters at the burg, usually 1-2 per class, next yr there will be a few more because the senior class will be an unusually strong class.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

fbnut wrote:Neutron man were going to have to agree to disagree on pretty much everything in your last post. White was a man among boys last yr at linebacker. It's just not as easy to replace kids like that as you seem to think and the burg usually does not have 6'1" 215lb kids playing skilled positions. They have some big kids on the line, they have some small kids at the skilled positions, they might have kids that are 6'1"6'3" but they are usually either 185lbs or 260lbs. There usually aren't to many 3 yr starters at the burg, usually 1-2 per class, next yr there will be a few more because the senior class will be an unusually strong class.

Agreed. To disagree that is.
You mean the linebacker that blitzed everytime and the Offense picked up on it and blew right by him? It happened ALL season long! Now I know when he hit, he hit hard! But I've been watching football for about 10 years now, and it may not be as long as you, but as an outsider looking in, White is replaceable! I've seen it happen year in and year out! Great player, leadership will be missed. But his play has been good enough as a leader to keep the tradition of power in Burg and keep players year in and out to step up and fill the shoes. THEREFORE his shoes will be filled!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Kaskey (sp), Storey, blah, blah, blah, same things were said about them, and look, burg has kept up their domination of the conference and playoff appearances year after year. Every year burg has 1 or 2 standouts, and every year it is talked about how much they will be missed, you don't have alot of players like that, etc. But, every year, they have someone just as good as, if not better that than the previous year.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Exactly!! Someone ALWAYS steps up!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The burg did not get the same caliber of qb play or production from the qb position after kaskey until 07. Spradlin threw the ball as well as kaskey but he still wasn't the runner kaskey was. I am not cutting on the qbs that followed kaskey but I wouldn't take any of them over him. The burg has good coaching, they will mold the team around the strengths of their personel but its not as easy as just putting a jersey on someone and telling them to go play.

Return to “Football”