Burg Football 09...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Burg Football 09...

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Vladimir wrote:I, personally, am from the northern Licking county area and that's just what I see. Even happened again this year when Liberty Union played Wheelersburg, Col. Bishop Ready played West and last year when Minford traveled to Johnstown. Face it the teams north and east of Columbus owns you guys down there.

The post came up of 'Burg' football and I thought he was talking about Mechanicsburg as there was no clarification as to which 'burg in which the poster was speaking. Then only to find out from a Wheelersburg poster he was talking about the pirates, and I quote "There's only one Burg," meaning the rest with that name are subservient. Well, guess what there are a few more programs with the name burg that have taken Wheelersburg behind the woodshed. So pull your high and mighty crap some place else cause it won't work with me. Also, South Eastern Ohio football, especially, Wheelersburg, needs to get over themselves, because I hate to tell ya this but....you're not anything special.

If the original post started as: Wheelersburg of 2009, you probably wouldn't have even heard from me.

i didn't want to do this but let's see if these games ring a bell.

lucasville valley 21 grandview heights (columbuus) 14
lucasville valley 28 bishop ready (columbus) 6

ready was the number one seed too

football
Waterboy

Post by football »

Also Wheelersburg over Johnstown Northridge and Steubenville Catholic Central in 04'. Both games won handily I might add. Also West on it's way to the state title game in 02'.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

football wrote:Also Wheelersburg over Johnstown Northridge and Steubenville Catholic Central in 04'. Both games won handily I might add. Also West on it's way to the state title game in 02'.

i forgot about them games

Get_Rocked
Waterboy

Post by Get_Rocked »

I guess this has turned into an 08 thread...instead of an 09 thread...

Burgpride
Waterboy

Post by Burgpride »

Three words: Future looks bright

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Though I am sure that wheelersburg as always is going to be good...I don't think they will have the fortune that they did this year..against the tigers....Ironton is going to be one of those teams this year that should manhandle wheelersburg by as many as they want...and only have a tough game when they play the likes of logan in the SEOAL and then once we get to the semis or state championship it will begin to get tough...but I think it will be our year....sorry BURG!!!!Also...look out for the re-alignment....we might be in the same division this year...and you know...that would make it one and out for the burg in the playoffs....Ironton is going to stand a chance to go all the way this year....Don't think Burg has what it takes to beat the Tigers this year...

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TIGERS90 wrote:Though I am sure that wheelersburg as always is going to be good...I don't think they will have the fortune that they did this year..against the tigers....Ironton is going to be one of those teams this year that should manhandle wheelersburg by as many as they want...and only have a tough game when they play the likes of logan in the SEOAL and then once we get to the semis or state championship it will begin to get tough...but I think it will be our year....sorry BURG!!!!Also...look out for the re-alignment....we might be in the same division this year...and you know...that would make it one and out for the burg in the playoffs....Ironton is going to stand a chance to go all the way this year....Don't think Burg has what it takes to beat the Tigers this year...

R U serious!!!!!!! This years Burg-Ironton game should not have even been as close as it was as the Burg coaching staff went into a prevent in the second half and let Ironton right back into the game. Secondly, Burg has almost everyone coming back, offense and defense and I'd venture to say that they will be better next year than they were this year. They need to replace about 3 players on both offense and defense and I don't see that being a problem.

satis5
Waterboy

Post by satis5 »

Burg will win again and it wont be close

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Let me think, I beleive when the seniors to be for both schools were in 7th and 8th grades that Ironton won 2 close ballgames, the burg kids took a close freshmen game, Ironton won a blowout jv game I think when the kids were sophs but I think the burg had 4-5 sophs playing on the varsity team that was blowing ironton out at the tank and then last yr as juniors the burg won a very hard fought ball game at the burg. The burg returns the majority of that team in 09. It is very easy to see how you could come to the conclusion that in 09 that Ironton will manhandle the burg.
TIGERS90 wrote:Though I am sure that wheelersburg as always is going to be good...I don't think they will have the fortune that they did this year..against the tigers....Ironton is going to be one of those teams this year that should manhandle wheelersburg by as many as they want...and only have a tough game when they play the likes of logan in the SEOAL and then once we get to the semis or state championship it will begin to get tough...but I think it will be our year....sorry BURG!!!!Also...look out for the re-alignment....we might be in the same division this year...and you know...that would make it one and out for the burg in the playoffs....Ironton is going to stand a chance to go all the way this year....Don't think Burg has what it takes to beat the Tigers this year...

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

fbnut wrote:Let me think, I beleive when the seniors to be for both schools were in 7th and 8th grades that Ironton won 2 close ballgames, the burg kids took a close freshmen game, Ironton won a blowout jv game I think when the kids were sophs but I think the burg had 4-5 sophs playing on the varsity team that was blowing ironton out at the tank and then last yr as juniors the burg won a very hard fought ball game at the burg. The burg returns the majority of that team in 09. It is very easy to see how you could come to the conclusion that in 09 that Ironton will manhandle the burg.

I think its funny when people say... Well the JV or 7th/8th graders beat your team 2 years ago so since we beat u then, we'll beat you now! WHAT?! Thats freakin' STUPID!! Doesn't just about everyone grow and change in 2 years? You condition differently, some lift, some don't as they should, coaching is different in HS, etc.. BOTTOM LINE.... There is a HUGE difference! Play the team that you know now! NOT THEN!! Kids get stronger and smarter which leads to different play!

Burgballer08
Waterboy

Post by Burgballer08 »

Yeah its also funny how all these Ironton ppl r always on here saying how bad wheelersburg is goin to get killed by Ironton and how where goin to get blown out . U guys were saying the same thing this year and what happened? Next years game is goin to be just like this year. Wheelersburg is goin to have everyone back with the exception of a few players they were key players but they can be replaced. Neither team is goin to get blownout in this game.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I agree, I was just trying to figure out how tiger90s came to his conclusion that ironton will manhandle the burg in 09 conidering all the returning starters the burg has returning and how the senior class to be has dominated the majority of their opponents since they were in jr high. . JV contests are really misleading because most people have no idea how many sophs are playing varsity. For the most part at the burg if the class seems to be fairly talented at the younger levels they generally continue it at the varsity level. I seem to be fooled more often when classes don't do as well at the jr level but turn out to have very good varsity teams.
Neutron Man wrote:
fbnut wrote:Let me think, I beleive when the seniors to be for both schools were in 7th and 8th grades that Ironton won 2 close ballgames, the burg kids took a close freshmen game, Ironton won a blowout jv game I think when the kids were sophs but I think the burg had 4-5 sophs playing on the varsity team that was blowing ironton out at the tank and then last yr as juniors the burg won a very hard fought ball game at the burg. The burg returns the majority of that team in 09. It is very easy to see how you could come to the conclusion that in 09 that Ironton will manhandle the burg.

I think its funny when people say... Well the JV or 7th/8th graders beat your team 2 years ago so since we beat u then, we'll beat you now! WHAT?! Thats freakin' STUPID!! Doesn't just about everyone grow and change in 2 years? You condition differently, some lift, some don't as they should, coaching is different in HS, etc.. BOTTOM LINE.... There is a HUGE difference! Play the team that you know now! NOT THEN!! Kids get stronger and smarter which leads to different play!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

thats called over achievers, hard work and pretty good coaching

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

A little more than miscues when your held to 5 first downs, the burg let them right back into it with their own TO's.
Tobias wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:

R U serious!!!!!!! This years Burg-Ironton game should not have even been as close as it was as the Burg coaching staff went into a prevent in the second half and let Ironton right back into the game. Secondly, Burg has almost everyone coming back, offense and defense and I'd venture to say that they will be better next year than they were this year. They need to replace about 3 players on both offense and defense and I don't see that being a problem.

In my opinion, Ironton should have defeated Wheelersburg by 3 to 4 TD's in 2008...on paper, of course. Ironton's miscues were their downfall in the 1st half.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I only remember 1 of those to's being deep in burg territory and that was the first one , its been a while but the other one if I remember right was around the 35-45 yd line in burg territory. I realize thats good feild position but I don't know if I would go ahead and consider that a score if they don't fumble. Irontons other turnover was deep in their own territory that led to a burg score then the burg returned that favor in the second half with a turnover of their own deep in their own territory that led to an ironton td. I don't remember birchfeild being a difference maker in the second half so I really don't know what kind of difference maker he would have ben in the 1st half had he played offense.
Tobias wrote:
fbnut wrote:A little more than miscues when your held to 5 first downs, the burg let them right back into it with their own TO's.

First downs aren't points...

Ironton had 14 points in the 1st half with Burg on its heels except for the 3 TO's...

In addition, everybody knows that Birchfield (#46) didn't play offense in the 1st half for Ironton...

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

great starting feild position had as much to do with anything with 2 of the 3 ironton scores in the second half. I thought conditioning played a big part in the outcome as well. Ironton still would have won if their D could have stopped the burgs backup soph qb from driving 75-80yds for the game winning td in the final minutes of the game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If Burg doesn't go to the Tony Lewis type conservative offense in the second half, this game would have been as ugly as the 2007 game at the Tank. Burg did not attempt a pass until late in the game when they were down. They were moving the ball down the field in the first half with little short passes and some sweeps. They come out in the second half and tried to run the ball up the middle and control the ball and the clock. It almost backfired on them. They kind of tried to overcoach when in fact if they stick with what got them that 14-0 lead, they would have won going away.

Burg will be loaded next year. Look for Tyler Lang to come back and have a strong Senior year. Look for him to replace White at LB. The offense will be very fast and strong. B.Schank will more that likely be back at QB, with Craigmiles, Walker and possibly Brandon Hall at FB. Lot of speed in that backfield. Line has some good size returning and some experience coming back.

Looks to be another banner year in Pirate land.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Tobias wrote:
drrabbit wrote:And just to be clear: this one is The Burg with The Excellence with Distinction Rating from the state of Ohio. With only 72 schools in the state rating that level, I doubt there are too many other 'burgs' that would include.

And it is not just us who call us that:

In 1982 when Wheelersburg played in the final four in St. John's in basketball, the people there put the team name up on the scoreboard: "The Burg".

It works for me.

:aaaaa114

Sorry, doc. Wheelersburg has to share it with 2 others.

Wonder where Greenupburg County would fit in here? :shock: :-D

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

anyone know the pirates schedule for 2009. i know they have a 4 year deal with rock hill and the burg goes to rock hill this season. i heard they are gonna try to make the greenup series into a 4 year. does the burg still play south point this year or are they gonna play someone else in their place

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Vladimir wrote:Until they play an MBC team like Centerburg or Fredricksburg (home of the Freddies.) South Eastern Ohio Football, lol!

MBC... Lmao how many playoff teams did the MBC have this season?

Return to “Football”