JV Team

Re: South Gallia 2009

Post by coachK »

they don't want to play trimble in football

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Why did SG stop running the veer this past season?

They seemed to have success with it in the past.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I thought they still ran it again this past year?

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

The Veer is NOT BORING! :evil:

OK enough of that......I am going back to my DVR to watch more of the Georgia-Georgia Tech game......

HEY BOOGER! GOD BLESS PAUL JOHNSON AND KEN NIUMATOLOLO!

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

I simply responded to you folks who were ripping Trimble due to a post by a supposed Trimble fan. You are the ones who kept saying that you beat Trimble several years ago in basketball, and gave excuses why you wont play them in football.

I could understand if you people wanted to talk civilized about a game or something but all you want to say is we are scared to play you and you would beat us like a drum if we played. Then I just stated the basketball game because people started taking cracks at our schedule. I dont know why we dont play in football. Then again, I am not the AD and cannot give you that answer. But I can say that I guarantee its not because we are scared.

IMO you people like bashing others, then go cry to the mods when someone gives it back. I will give you one thing, at least you have stopped talking about the one time you ever beat Trimble in anything

I think you can look at the post and see that the Trimble people were bashing and we were just giving it back. Just ask anyone that is not from Trimble or SG and they would tell you how they seen it. I have seen people that had never posted on an SG thread before telling people they should lay off. And why do you think the mods deleted the post? They pretty much said thats why!

If someone posts something about me or my team that I don't like, I simply either respond, or ignore it. In reality nothing posted on here should offend anyone IMO. It is mostly annymous people, (excepting a few like the Polcyns'), who are either trying to stir things up, or have an axe to grind but are afraid to do it in person.

Glad to see we agree about something. There is many times I felt like posting but just bit my tongue and ignored it. A guy once said to me do you play cards? If you are sitting at the card table and you do not see a sucker, guess what you are the sucker! After that, I realized people were trying to stir it up and there was no sense in posting on most things.

As for me reading SG threads, and posting, I have every right to do so. So if you don't want me to read and comment about what you post, I suggest you use the PM venue. Have a good day, and a great season. Maybe you will get a chance to play us again in the tournament.
mercerville monster wrote:
What amazes me is that at least once a day someone gets on here and posts something like the above quote. I say, if you don't like what you read on this site, or this thread, don't read it. But the soap box sermon will continue to go unheaded, as usual.

As for me reading SG threads, and posting, I have every right to do so. So if you don't want me to read and comment about what you post, I suggest you use the PM venue. Have a good day, and a great season. Maybe you will get a chance to play us again in the tournament. :122245

The same with us so we can post like Marshall_Fan did and say whatever we want. So if it amazes you that they would make that comment either continue to be amazed or stay off the threads.

So, you also have a good day and a great season. Trimble looked to have a good team when we scrimmaged them a few weeks ago. And maybe we will meet again in the tourney. It would be a good one! :122245
Last edited by Mercerville Monster on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Ran it some but went away from it.

Johnson and Ken are sweet!!!!

guyan gangsta
Waterboy

Post by guyan gangsta »

The veer is a beautiful offense if ran properly. It is almost unstoppable but South Gallia dont have the talent to run it. From what I saw this past season they can only run 20 and 30 series plays.

tommygnosis
Riding the Bench

Post by tommygnosis »

who is on the SG schedule for 09?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Who cares? It is Howie's season, and you cant run the veer in the sport that Howie made. Whatever the veer is I tell ya what ya better FEAR the STOMP! Sat nite cause Howie will be in town to do some whuppin.

Whoaaaaa when did Howie start coaching football?

The veer is a beautiful offense if ran properly. It is almost unstoppable but South Gallia dont have the talent to run it. From what I saw this past season they can only run 20 and 30 series plays.

I would have to say that I seen it ran properly last week and it was unstoppable. But like the Gangsta said, the team I saw run it had the people to do so and are now state champions.

And what are you doing talking so proper Gangsta using words like beautiful and properly. I know you sit proper and like a gentleman but I didnt know you talked like one as well. :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Wildcat! Wildcat! Wildcat!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Didn't Burleson do a little bit of "wildcatting" with the Clary kid as the go-to back later in the season in 2008?

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Didn't Burleson do a little bit of "wildcatting" with the Clary kid as the go-to back later in the season in 2008?

Yes!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Yes. It wasn't quite like the true Wildcat but they tried to get the ball in his hands as much as possible. Some people call it the Wild Hog.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

I have always known it as the WildHog. First time I ever seen it was when Arkansas would run it with McFadden in the backfield at QB. It took a few years for everyone to catch on but you cant watch an NFL or NCAA game without seeing one team try it now.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

hardhitter 11 wrote:Are you serious? You wanna run the wildhog offense, you guys are slow , thank god you guys only have 3 teeth.. you aren't smart enough to run the wildcat.. just sayin

I really am not sure what any of that post means. :roll:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

It means hard hitter is an immature idiot. Thanks for messing up another thread.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

hardhitter 11 wrote:Are you serious? You wanna run the wildhog offense, you guys are slow , thank god you guys only have 3 teeth.. you aren't smart enough to run the wildcat.. just sayin

Honestly, how smart does someone have to be to run the Wildcat or Wildhog offense????? You line a WR or RB up as QB in the shotgun, send another WR or RB in motion towards him and run a simple read. If the defensive end on the side the motion is coming from sucks in, QB keeps and runs right by him. If the D-End stays home, hand it to the man in motion going either off tackle or on a sweep. It's just another way to get the ball in the hands of your playmakers in space.....There you go hardhitter, now you know how the Wildhog is run. Now you can go tell all of your little buddies that an SG poster just proved how wrong you are!!! PEACE!!!!!!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Why in the world did you change your name??????????? Must be because I proved that you were WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I made you look bad in front of everyone, it must be embarrassing for you...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :122245 :122245 :-D :-D

devilfan08
Freshman Team

Post by devilfan08 »

South Gallia Football will be just fine next season!!!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

As the Beard posted yesterday...

The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores!

SG will improve.

Return to “Football”