South Gallia 2009

boogerred
All State

Re: South Gallia 2009

Post by boogerred »

Although Jason and I don't always see eye to eye, I have to defend him on this one. SG should feel lucky to have Jason Peck as a coach. NOBODY works as hard and cares as much as Jason does. There was a problem about him coaching but it was do to a technicality and that was resolved last spring. If the board didn't want him as a coach; he would not be coaching there.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Basically, they do not want a teacher's aid coaching. That is just what I heard.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

I don't know why a person's career should play a role.

Does GCLSD only want teachers coaching sports?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

When it comes to football and basketball, yes. At least he is still employed by the district. He works with students!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

You need to be careful on how you word things. What you typed made it sound like the board didn't want Jason Peck coaching and people on here (myself included sometimes) tend to jump to conclusions and think the worst (like he did something or he isn't qualified).

Jason is the HARDEST working coach that I personally know. That is just how Jason is; when we played football together, Jason was not a gifted athlete (I couldn't even call myself an athlete; so no malice intended toward him), but he was a good football player because of his work ethic. He is the same way coaching. Look at all the effort he has put forth in putting all the lifting meets, et.c. together for the kids at SG.

If Burleson leaves, Jason deserves a shot!

bolyard63
Waterboy

Post by bolyard63 »

i agree i think jason should get the job and i think he deserves it because like somebody said he has been involved with the program since he graduated and he has coached some good junior high teams like southwestern when they had tony lyall and adam ison they were some good athletes and i think they lost one game. to some team up north and i believe they went 6-1 back around 98 or 99 something like that.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I agree.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

SG should feel lucky to have Jason Peck as a coach. NOBODY works as hard and cares as much as Jason does. There was a problem about him coaching but it was do to a technicality and that was resolved last spring. If the board didn't want him as a coach; he would not be coaching there.

Very True!!!

southwestern when they had tony lyall and adam ison they were some good athletes and i think they lost one game. to some team up north and i believe they went 6-1 back around 98 or 99 something like that.

It probably helped out that they were 16 year olds playing Jr. High. Anyways Jr. High and High School football are two different kinds of animals. What did they do in High School?

bolyard63
Waterboy

Post by bolyard63 »

i know ison went to rv and played and lyall i dont think he played in hs

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

BlizzardMan wrote:Basically, they do not want a teacher's aid coaching. That is just what I heard.

know what you are taliking about before you post garbage like this... this is not just gallia acounty...... chesapeke had fb/bkb coach in same sitution a couple years back.... it has to do with non cert employes and their contracts. i dont know all about it but it is along those lines... would include, aides, secrtarys custodiana and such

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

That's the point I was making genius. It isn't garbage, it is infprmation from a good source. Stop trying to stir the pot.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The issue w/Jason coaches stemmed from the fact that he is a an hourly employee of the district, and his coaching contract was a flat supplemental. There was concern of a possible violation of labor law and the contract between the district and its organized labor.

As I understood it, the district was afraid that it would be forced to pay him an hourly rate to coach, and since he already works 40 hours a week, it would all be overtime pay.

I am glad for Peck that they apparently got it worked out.
Last edited by madpolecat on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

I would like to make it clear that I DO believe that Jason should have a shot at this job.

DlLLlGAF
Waterboy

Post by DlLLlGAF »

Does this mean that Justy is going to GA? The way some are talking on here it sounds like he is on his way.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Nobody knows if he has even put in for the job and if he'll get it if he does apply.

If Justy wants the GAHS job, he should apply for it. He would be a logical choice for the job; he did turn around a struggling SG program, led them to the playoffs twice and is currently in the process of turning around a SG team that struggled the past couple of years. (and it is not uncommon for small schools to struggle every so often due to numbers. Sometimes the pickens is purty slim)

If that is what he wants, then I say go for it and best of luck.

As monster said, paraphased of course, that many of your higher division coaches get their starts at lower divisioon schools.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

I doubt Justy leaves SG ever.

U know?
Riding the Bench

Post by U know? »

Well I don\'t think he will leave SG but someone has to say this every year. Has he left yet? I do agree that Burleson is a good coach but The athletes have to contribute to a winning season. They have had some very talented and athletic students at SG in the past and are still coming, hopefully.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Like Comedy, it just never stops.

The next two weeks will be interesting?

DancingBear
Waterboy

Post by DancingBear »

You guys can really stray from the topic at hand, South Gallia football. My opinion is that the rebels will do fine next season with which ever coach it will be Peck or Justy. Both coaches will push the boys to be better. They have alot of talent and I hope they can pull off a solid winning season.

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

you guys play in the worst league in ohio.

Shows how much you know about SG football!!! :roll: :roll:

Return to “Football”