New foorball coach at South Point?

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Hold the phones SP fans. The Ironton job is now open. Would Triplett be interested in that again?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Wasn't he there before?

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

IRONFALCON wrote:Hold the phones SP fans. The Ironton job is now open. Would Triplett be interested in that again?

NO!

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Seriously doubt it, by the way he was treated by the people in I-town.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Some interviewed today so results soon... although they may wait until the next board meeting unless they call a special meeting. Regular meetings are the 2nd Monday of the month. So Feb 13th at the latest. But I think it was aleady decided before the interviews! lol

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

IRONFALCON wrote:Hold the phones SP fans. The Ironton job is now open. Would Triplett be interested in that again?

I hope not but SP should get him fast he may not be there later!!

I still think he was a great replacement for Coach Lutz before he left.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Yes I agree he was a great replacement for Coach Lutz.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

game day wrote:

I hope not but SP should get him fast he may not be there later!!

I still think he was a great replacement for Coach Lutz before he left.
I agree, he would be a great replacement, having played for Bob and all, but according to "Walker" and the tribune, he doesn't qualify....because he isn't a Burchum or Lutz...ALL IN THE FAMILY :lol: :lol: :lol:

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

lol :lol:

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I still think he was a great replacement for Coach Lutz before he left.[/quote]

Sure enough.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Triplett has an uncanny ability to connect with his kids. The first thing he will bring is a positive attitude, he always has a smile on his face and is very personable. He also will not put up with disciplinary problems, he builds hard nosed, disciplined athletes on the weight room and football. If you give him 3-4 years he will have South Point winning, in the playoffs, and probably Ovc champions. I'm not saying he is a perfect coach, by any means, but the man is proven at changing programs.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I heard all the interviews were completed Friday night. If I was SP with the Ironton job coming open I would make a move quickly.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

sider wrote:Triplett has an uncanny ability to connect with his kids. The first thing he will bring is a positive attitude, he always has a smile on his face and is very personable. He also will not put up with disciplinary problems, he builds hard nosed, disciplined athletes on the weight room and football. If you give him 3-4 years he will have South Point winning, in the playoffs, and probably Ovc champions. I'm not saying he is a perfect coach, by any means, but the man is proven at changing programs.
:?: :?: This sounds eerily similar to a comment on another topic page praising another "former head coach"???

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I agree.

SP I hope someone else does not go after him.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

crzy4OSUsports wrote:
sider wrote:Triplett has an uncanny ability to connect with his kids. The first thing he will bring is a positive attitude, he always has a smile on his face and is very personable. He also will not put up with disciplinary problems, he builds hard nosed, disciplined athletes on the weight room and football. If you give him 3-4 years he will have South Point winning, in the playoffs, and probably Ovc champions. I'm not saying he is a perfect coach, by any means, but the man is proven at changing programs.
:?: :?: This sounds eerily similar to a comment on another topic page praising another "former head coach"???
What are you implying?

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

sider wrote:
crzy4OSUsports wrote:
What are you implying?
Not implying anything, just stating a fact,...when players respect their coaches, they WANT to play for them and WIN!! This same sentiment was expressed on another topic recently about another Head Coach....it's amazing how discipline and respect are still held in high regard even years and years from now.??? Just sayin....

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Winning cures all that ails! 8)

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Not implying anything, just stating a fact,...when players respect their coaches, they WANT to play for them and WIN!! This same sentiment was expressed on another topic recently about another Head Coach....it's amazing how discipline and respect are still held in high regard even years and years from now.??? Just sayin....[/quote]

My apologies, the way I read your previous statement I thought you were taking some sort of shot at myself or coach T. But, you are right, schemes may change, but it still takes discipline to have a successful team. Triplett will instill that, you all will be very pleased. Because of the system that he runs on O and D (which requires strong/physical players) it might take a year or two to contend for an Ovc title, but if he is given time, they will get there. Whenever he leaves South Point it will be in better shape than when he took it over.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

I personally do not know "coach T"...but I have heard nothing but good things about the man. Sounds like discipline and respect may be needed at SP to get the best athletes playing and probably at a lot of the local schools. I know I have also heard that both those traits are missing at more than one school system in southern Ohio? :122249 Whoever gets the job, best wishes for the coming year!

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Merrill would be the best choice for the HC at SP. He has done a great job at every school he has been at, even down at Ironton when he had to play in all the kitty litter.

Return to “Football”