Waterboy

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by HustlinHornet »

Rick Marcello got the job. Ill leave it at that

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

They hired Rick Marcello former Sp grad who is about 48 or so. He has high school coaching experience. He has been an assistant at the biggest division in KY for years. The problem i think that SP ran into was they did not have a teaching position and Rick is not a teacher.
Triplett was who I myself and many others thought was getting it.I hate that for Triplett and I wish him luck but it is what it is so i will now have to support Marcello. Don't down the guy until you see what he is bringing to the table it may be just what the boys need. Only time will tell. In the realm of the world sports is not everything. It is a bonus let's stay positive and hope he can bring back a winning tradition!

HustlinHornet
Waterboy

Post by HustlinHornet »

Ok unclebob. Whats Rick's record for the last 2 years? He has only won 3 games in 2 years. Wow, awesome, huh?

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

shock shock. sp can never get it right. :oops:

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

My understanding is that we at the Point persued Triplett hard. Everyone here was so excited to have a guy like Triplett to come to put a program in place. Why would we promise a Coach like that a teaching job when one wasn't available????????? Stupid is as stupid does.

toosmooth
Waterboy

Post by toosmooth »

I've known both guys for years and really like them, But the school board really screwed this one up.They decided not to listen to the group who conducted the interviews and highly supported the hiring of Coach T.From the standpoint of knowing how to build a successful program and X's & O's this should have been a no brainer.Instead we once again see that these decisions are being made by people who have no background or real knowledge of what it takes to be successful in athletics.The board really screwed the kids.I hope Rick can have success.With the current state of the program we should have went with Coach Triplett and his proven record on building a program.Good luck to both guys.And yes there was a position opening up in Triplett's field this fall.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

Its already known the board members who voted against Triplett and the people of South Point are not happy about it. Going to be hard for them to get re-elected after this IMO

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

If I was Triplett I would count my lucky stars I didn't land in that political nightmare. Ironton is breathing a sigh of relief. Embarrassing for South Point administration and board.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

SO, the committee recommended Trip. The Superintendant recommended Trip. And the boe votes 3-2 for the other guy. I'de be a little upset if I were on the committee. Sounds like they wasted their time . I'm afraid SP missed a great oppertunity on this one. Time will tell. Good luck to the new coach but I can already hear the sucking sound of talent leaving to go elsewhere. SP would have been better off with Kratzenbug as coach. The kids know and respect him.

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Are you talking about Chase Kratzenburg?

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

urban buck wrote:If I was Triplett I would count my lucky stars I didn't land in that political nightmare. Ironton is breathing a sigh of relief. Embarrassing for South Point administration and board.
I cannot believe this!! The Board is not in it for the kids because we had a great chance to build a strong program.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

bRuIsEr wrote:Are you talking about Chase Kratzenburg?

Yes. I've watched the young man coach and I'm impressed with his knowledge and the respect he gets from his players. I know he's young but if Tripp aint the guy why not give Kratz a chance. he might surprise a few people.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

Another case of BOE making decisions that effects their athletes in possibly a negative way? That is becoming WAY too familiar in southern Ohio! I say "negative" because anytime a school district looses their students to another district, in my opinion, that is definately negative results! The voters need to remember and ask the candidates how they feel about their sports programs come election time!
I don't understand why SP bothered forming an "athletic board"? if their advise was not taken seriously? I realize there are differences of opinions, you have that in every district, but this sounded unanimous? Best wishes to the new coach, sounds like he may be stepping into a no win situation?

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

Let the recruiting war begin. The Peake is always happy to pick up good talent and SP has always had plenty of that. Should be able to find a few good player to come our way. CG and Ironton will pick up the rest. SP should just about have enough kids left over for a very small varsity team that will be lucky to win 2 games over the next 3 years. I can hear the Jr High emptying out now, all that talent you had is LEAVING. What talent that was still at the High School, is heading out of town. lol!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

toosmooth wrote:I've known both guys for years and really like them, But the school board really screwed this one up.They decided not to listen to the group who conducted the interviews and highly supported the hiring of Coach T.From the standpoint of knowing how to build a successful program and X's & O's this should have been a no brainer.Instead we once again see that these decisions are being made by people who have no background or real knowledge of what it takes to be successful in athletics.The board really screwed the kids.I hope Rick can have success.With the current state of the program we should have went with Coach Triplett and his proven record on building a program.Good luck to both guys.And yes there was a position opening up in Triplett's field this fall.
If there was going to be opening this fall the BOE is out of touch. I spoke to the Principle and the BOE went against his wishes. I like all parents of players at the school should call for another BOE meeting and get Coach Triplett hired. I feel for all the kids in the school.

buckeyes41
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes41 »

Even if you think Tripplet shouldve gotten the job, and I am suprised myself he didnt, you need to give this man a chance. Throwing him under the bus before you even know what he is about is crazy. Give the man a chance. You never know. I know how good Tripplet is but they went another way. Not much anyone can do but support the new coach. I wish him luck and hope he turns it around. As far as kids transfering to other schools, well there is one school just up the river better hope they get some move ins or transfers. ;-)

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

The General wrote:Explain to me what Tripplet would do if you dont mind to make things different?

Tripplet would do a great job if he had a good group of coaches to help him. He would be better if he did not bring the two that he took to west. No one is better in the weight lifting and getting the boys in shape than him. He will have them hitting hard too.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

game day wrote:
toosmooth wrote:I've known both guys for years and really like them, But the school board really screwed this one up.They decided not to listen to the group who conducted the interviews and highly supported the hiring of Coach T.From the standpoint of knowing how to build a successful program and X's & O's this should have been a no brainer.Instead we once again see that these decisions are being made by people who have no background or real knowledge of what it takes to be successful in athletics.The board really screwed the kids.I hope Rick can have success.With the current state of the program we should have went with Coach Triplett and his proven record on building a program.Good luck to both guys.And yes there was a position opening up in Triplett's field this fall.
If there was going to be opening this fall the BOE is out of touch. I spoke to the Principle and the BOE went against his wishes. I like all parents of players at the school should call for another BOE meeting and get Coach Triplett hired. I feel for all the kids in the school.
Not that it would do any good,(but you never know now days) :122245 but the parents should form themselves a "committee or group" and show up together and let the BOE know how they feel? If their truly are parents who feel strongly about this and ARE considering taking their kids to other school districts, the BOE should listen, I think it only takes a few before the almighty dollar starts being removed from the SP district with the dropping of numbers? Just a thought ;-)

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

When kids move out of district the home school loses state funds. Wherever they go will get the dollars. I feel sorry for the kids. I know many of them were looking forward to playing for tripp.

Return to “Football”