New foorball coach at South Point?

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

The one thing that the South Point fans need to do even if you agree with the BOE decision or not, what they done was totally wrong. You have placed your personal needs above the people that elected you to office. I do believe there was also a community member on the committee that wanted Coach Triplett. So BOE you told the committee to stuff it and the time you spent was all for not.

I would say great job BOE and I would come out the next board meeting and let them know they did a great job!!!

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Everywhere Triplett has left did just fine without him. I think the West team this year was more balanced and better disciplined. There are different coaches out there instead of recycling the old ones. Give the new coach a chance, maybe the process of hiring him was broken but don't take it out on Rick.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Teams do well without him because he leaves a PROGRAM in place to follow, they have learned how to WIN and CONDITION because of him. The West team last year was in a way, still Triplett's team, he raised them, they were bright kids on their own. The new Coach at West gave props to Triplett often and thanked him plenty for the team he handed him. He sought Triplett out for advice and Triplett was gracious enough to give it. He knew it was about the kids, not anything else. That is not to take anything away from the staff in place, everyone did a great job with a great group. This is not about Triplett or the new Coach of South Point. What message are you sending to teacher/coaches everywhere that are HIGHLY QUALIFIED? Screw you, we got a guy that graduated from here that we want and we(meaning board of EDUCATION???) are not going to hire the UNANIMOUS recommendation of the committee assigned to interview potential coaches. The BOE at the Point apparently doesn't answer to anyone. The end result is this, what you have here, an injustice/insult to the guy turned away (though Triplett probably has simply moved on), and a guy not QUALIFIED that has even more pressure to do something he has never done before. Not sure it is much fun for either guy. Or the other QUALIFIED candidates.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Did you ever play baseball?

The reason I ask you hit a Home Run with that statement above, I am not sure that you did not even hit that one out of the ball park or in South Points case out of the football field.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

peake450 wrote:Everywhere Triplett has left did just fine without him. I think the West team this year was more balanced and better disciplined. There are different coaches out there instead of recycling the old ones. Give the new coach a chance, maybe the process of hiring him was broken but don't take it out on Rick.
I would say that to if I had to play South Point year in and year out. Come on the West Team was more balanced and better disciplined this year? I guess I would say that since Coach -T came to West the Peak has won how many games against West?
The OVC in general lost out by not getting Coach -T in the league but the biggest loser is South Point school system and the kids!

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

Dreamweaver...THANK YOU!! You just summed it up!!

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

When is the next BOE meeting? I would make sure I would attend the meeting and let them know this is not acceptable behavior. If I was part of the administration at South Point I would be looking for another job.

By the way BOE I passed football with the grade school kids before practice do I qualify to be a football Coach at your school.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Hey blue devil, quit stirring it and worry about your own 6 and 4 season.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Are you guys happy now? Amazing how people who aren't even asociated with South Point are the ones on here moaning and groaning! SMH

Marcello hired as Pointers’ coach
Published 1:37am Thursday, February 9, 2012
Email Comments
By JIM WALKER

Tribune Sports Editor

SOUTH POINT — Rick Marcello is coming home and he has a job waiting.

The former South Point wide receiver was hired last Monday by the South Point School Board as the new head football coach.

“I am excited to have the opportunity to serve as South Point’s coach and look forward to coaching football in my home town,” said Marcello.

A 1981 graduate of South Point High School, Marcello went on to play at Morehead State University. He obtained his B.B.A. in 1985.

As a senior at South Point, Marcello was a starter for the Pointers’ Ohio Valley Conference championship as the team went unbeaten in league play. He selected All-OVC, first team all-district, honorable mention All-Ohio and was named to the South team in the Ohio High School Football Coaches North/South All-Star Classic.

Marcello, 48, has been coaching football in Kentucky for the past 14 seasons. He served three years as an assistant coach at Oldham County High School near Buckner, a Class 6-A school, and he was the head freshman coach at Louisville Ballard High School, another Class 6-A program, the largest size schools in the state.

Before coaching at the varsity level, Marcello coached all levels of youth football and two years as the Oldham County Middle School head coach.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

Thanks OSUMUFAN...that clears that up...

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

West Side Pride wrote:Hey blue devil, quit stirring it and worry about your own 6 and 4 season.

I guess I would say that to since half of West schedule is filed with OVC teams. You would not want South Point to get a Coach that could beat West in the future. Maybe that is why West is not on the schedule next year West was concerned about SP getting a qualified coach.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

osumufan wrote:Are you guys happy now? Amazing how people who aren't even asociated with South Point are the ones on here moaning and groaning! SMH

Marcello hired as Pointers’ coach
Published 1:37am Thursday, February 9, 2012
Email Comments
By JIM WALKER

Tribune Sports Editor

SOUTH POINT — Rick Marcello is coming home and he has a job waiting.

The former South Point wide receiver was hired last Monday by the South Point School Board as the new head football coach.

“I am excited to have the opportunity to serve as South Point’s coach and look forward to coaching football in my home town,” said Marcello.

A 1981 graduate of South Point High School, Marcello went on to play at Morehead State University. He obtained his B.B.A. in 1985.

As a senior at South Point, Marcello was a starter for the Pointers’ Ohio Valley Conference championship as the team went unbeaten in league play. He selected All-OVC, first team all-district, honorable mention All-Ohio and was named to the South team in the Ohio High School Football Coaches North/South All-Star Classic.

Marcello, 48, has been coaching football in Kentucky for the past 14 seasons. He served three years as an assistant coach at Oldham County High School near Buckner, a Class 6-A school, and he was the head freshman coach at Louisville Ballard High School, another Class 6-A program, the largest size schools in the state.

Before coaching at the varsity level, Marcello coached all levels of youth football and two years as the Oldham County Middle School head coach.

Thanks but this is what we are getting to pull SP program out of the dirt.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

By the way I guess the BOE wants us to think that Kentucky football is in the same league as OHIO. We wanted a Head Coach not someone that has never been a Head Coach at the high school level.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The article said that he was the head freshman coach. So he has been a head coach at the high school level.

So if this was not as formal announcement as you want please go to the next board meeting. But you need to remember that it is a formal black tie affair. So wearing a tux for men is a must.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

farmer wrote:The article said that he was the head freshman coach. So he has been a head coach at the high school level.

So if this was not as formal announcement as you want please go to the next board meeting. But you need to remember that it is a formal black tie affair. So wearing a tux for men is a must.

Head Coach at a Kentucky Freshman Football Team, I see it is becoming clearer now we just like getting the S%^T kick out of us. By the way that is our kids out there playing thank you BOE for caring about the kids!!!!

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Well said, there are several out there that think I should drop this but when you have been Teaching for over 20 years this is wrong. It is not about Football it's about doing the right things for the kids.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

game day wrote:By the way I guess the BOE wants us to think that Kentucky football is in the same league as OHIO. We wanted a Head Coach not someone that has never been a Head Coach at the high school level.
Well game day you said in the last line, "Head Coach at the high school level." So my response as him being the head freshman coach made your statement incorrect.
There you go again putting down the coach based on you being able to see into the future. You are downing the new coach without even knowing what he is going to do. If you really want to be upset at the BOE maybe you should be upset with all the money they spent on negotiations by using Cross Management. The thousands of dollars being given to them instead of the BOE doing the negotiating themselves. Which was in the Tribune today.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

game day wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:Hey blue devil, quit stirring it and worry about your own 6 and 4 season.

I guess I would say that to since half of West schedule is filed with OVC teams. You would not want South Point to get a Coach that could beat West in the future. Maybe that is why West is not on the schedule next year West was concerned about SP getting a qualified coach.

I see now, people doing the bi+chIng don't have a clue!!!! For your information, SP is the one that dropped west.

CRAZY4SPORTZ
Waterboy

Post by CRAZY4SPORTZ »

The one thing that is very evident through all the differing opinions, is that people in this area are very passionate about sports. Parents still want what is best for their kids. Opinions vary and that has never been more true than when a BOE goes against what seems to be the MAJORITY of the athletes, parents and a committee chosen by the BOE which consisted of administration and community members.
It sounds like this is a mute point at this stage of the game...unless some miracle happens at the board mtg on Monday. But I have heard it will NOT be OPEN FORUM...so best wishes to the parents, teachers and especially the student athletes of SP for the coming football season.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

You maybe right but if no-one shows up then SP school district is going down hill. If this was another school district they would have to hold the next meeting in the school basketball gym.

Return to “Football”