The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by Jake Roberts »

Da Bears wrote:Jeff Downs - contrary to what "boiler" throws out there, he was not ran out of Vinton County. He resigned to spend time with his family. Guess what, he ended up at Federal Hocking a few months later. Where are we hearing that from????

That's not true. Jeff Downs never stated spending time with his family as a reason for stepping down as head football coach at VC.

Jif
Riding the Bench

Post by Jif »

Let me throw a name out there.

Bob Ashley

He left coaching to return to school to get his masters degree. I think he will be fisnishing it this spring.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jake Roberts wrote:
Da Bears wrote:Jeff Downs - contrary to what "boiler" throws out there, he was not ran out of Vinton County. He resigned to spend time with his family. Guess what, he ended up at Federal Hocking a few months later. Where are we hearing that from????

That's not true. Jeff Downs never stated spending time with his family as a reason for stepping down as head football coach at VC.

If I remember right he did say that, but I cn't remember much any more.

Apollo Creed
Waterboy

Post by Apollo Creed »

Doug Wooten, Chad Reynolds,Wayne Horsley.......... I like any of these

attitude
Waterboy

Post by attitude »

Randy Williams

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

How about Randy Heath? 8) 8) 8)

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

How about Randy Heath?

He does everything else in Jackson. Why not that, too?

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

BuckeyeCAV wrote:
Da Bears wrote:BuckeyeCAV has a great idea . . . let's give the "internet gurus" a shot. They know it all . . . they have never called a bad play! Oh wait, they have NEVER called a play yet they like the "fence hangers" and "bleacher idiots" believe they have all the answers . . . yea sure!

Hmmmm....isn't it so funny something disappeared?

Yeah, prior censorship, baby. Isn't that kind of Communist?

Burgpride
Waterboy

Post by Burgpride »

footballfan wrote:Brad Burchfield- current head coach at Columbus Bishop Hartley(1st year took his team to the playoffs- lost to Martins Ferry. Previous stint at DV Centerburg- 3 seasons ago he took his team to the semifinals I think....beat the Burg on their homefield that season. District coach of the year that season. That guy would be a nice candidate for the job. He also has been an assistant at Canal Winchester and Marietta.

He would be a great choice but no way no how.1) Hartley is 2 miles from his house and people say that this is his "dream job" 2) I'm sure he wouldn't leave after one year he would want to build 3) He could never get his coaches to go with him, and from what I'm told they are the reason for the success he's seen
Lastly, the burg should've won that game. Started to pass to late. :oops: I know hard feelings.

ChuckyTaylor
Waterboy

Post by ChuckyTaylor »

I have been asked to give my real name on other threads but cant because I am an administrator at a district close to this situation. I can tell you Downs does NOT have Helmsley's endorsement and has NO CHANCE at this job.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Paul Johnson would probably be willing to leave Ga. Tech and start running his option game at Jackson.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

boogerred wrote:Paul Johnson would probably be willing to leave Ga. Tech and start running his option game at Jackson.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Romeo Crennel will need a job soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kuruguru
Waterboy

Post by kuruguru »

Come on, me droogies! Legitimate names, please! We ran some option in Jackson a few years back and the times were horrorshow. Maybe we should bring it back. I had hoped that when Snider was here he would have brought some bolshy option messels with him from Navy...

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Mark Fenick and his triple option, and Fred Brisker Defensive Cord.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Phil Fulmer?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Quick!!!! Call pete Carrol!!!!!!

Ty Willinghan needs a job.

Maybe Rich Rodrigeas(sp)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

What about Tommy Tuberville!

marietta tiger
Waterboy

Post by marietta tiger »

Burgpride wrote:
footballfan wrote:Brad Burchfield- current head coach at Columbus Bishop Hartley(1st year took his team to the playoffs- lost to Martins Ferry. Previous stint at DV Centerburg- 3 seasons ago he took his team to the semifinals I think....beat the Burg on their homefield that season. District coach of the year that season. That guy would be a nice candidate for the job. He also has been an assistant at Canal Winchester and Marietta.

He would be a great choice but no way no how.1) Hartley is 2 miles from his house and people say that this is his "dream job" 2) I'm sure he wouldn't leave after one year he would want to build 3) He could never get his coaches to go with him, and from what I'm told they are the reason for the success he's seen
Lastly, the burg should've won that game. Started to pass to late. :oops: I know hard feelings.

I knew Burch when he was at Marietta. Great coach but he is a Columbus guy through and through. He is not coming back to Southern Ohio or he would have come back for the Marietta job.

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

ChuckyTaylor wrote:I have been asked to give my real name on other threads but cant because I am an administrator at a district close to this situation. I can tell you Downs does NOT have Helmsley's endorsement and has NO CHANCE at this job.

I've heard from some of the higher ups that they really like Downs. Also, Hemsley doesn't have the power to stop Downs from getting the job. After seeing Downs' record I have to say that he's who I'm pulling for to get it.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Here's a question, does Down's even want the job?

Return to “Football”