The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

hardhitter 11 `
Waterboy

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by hardhitter 11 ` »

Downs has had two head coaching jobs where he walked in and had a team full of talent. My guess is that is not the case at Jackson. It would be interesting to see how he would do in this situation.

Phil_Howard
Waterboy

Post by Phil_Howard »

The posting time period for internal candidates has now expired.

Anyone interested in the Varsity Football position at Jackson High School may apply by sending a resume or letter of interest to :

Bob Kight
Athletic Director
Jackson High School
500 Vaughn Street
Jackson, Ohio 45640

If you have questions prior to officially applying you may contact Mr. Kight at the Jackson High School Athletic Office at 740-286-7828 or on his cell phone at 740-418-4973.

footballfan
JV Team

Post by footballfan »

I knew Burch when he was at Marietta. Great coach but he is a Columbus guy through and through. He is not coming back to Southern Ohio or he would have come back for the Marietta job.[/quote]

You can't compare the job at Jackson to the one at Marietta. For the right job, I think Burch would go to Alaska...LOL!

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

No disrespect to Jackson, some of their boneheads will think so, but Bishop Hartley is one of the best small school jobs in Central Ohio, maybe the state. I would have no idea what this guy would want with the Jackson job.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Yeah your right Alexander de Large Jackson ran the option at one time and it was a real horror show. 2004 Hump had a 1200 yard rushing season most of it off the option and 1000 yard passing season at the same time. 2003 eviscerated Mr. Healthy with the midline that year in a play off game. 2004 at Logan put on a real horror show gashing their 5-3 defense with it.

Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

BlizzardMan wrote:Here's a question, does Down's even want the job?

Here's an answer:
YES!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

What type of offense did Coach Downs run at Vinton County and Federal Hocking? What about defense?

I know I watched his VC teams play Jackson in 2003 and 2004, but I just don't remember what they ran.

oubobcats12
Waterboy

Post by oubobcats12 »

PHILLIP FULMER!!!!! or SLY CROOM these choices are obvious guys!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'll nominate ArmyCav. He doesn't always know the names of the Chillicothe players but he has great ties to get all the Jackson players' names correct.

ArmyCav.....I hope you soon get your AWESOME resume into our AD's office as soon as possible. We'll all be on the edge of seats here in Jackson waiting for your expertise to be hired. I know all of your experiences in Wellstoncothe will make you the best candidate. Jackson would love to have an army guy who lies about being 2 or more people on THIS site. Very stand up fellow you must be.

Go to Walmart in aisle 3 and get a life.

hardhitter 11 `
Waterboy

Post by hardhitter 11 ` »

I saw on another thread where Armycav said she is a woman. :shock:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Some of us are indeed women, and all of us came from women. what could possibly be wrong with that?

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

I nominate 92 and 02......who could go wrong? They are the biggest experts on here concerning Jackson Football. I wonder if either ever played the sport at JHS? But that wouldn't matter....I still nominate them. If they fail, it wouldn't be nothing new at Jackson, would it? :-D

And 92......I wouldn't talk about basketaball. Especially with what you all have. I think I know our players names and what position they play on the floor, just fine. As for Jackson.....I bet old Larry is scratching his head for making that move. When will the next thread be about another resignation at Jackson? :-D

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I mentioned in the other thread about why Jackson is not a "good" job. However, I think they are on the up swing. I have heard nothing but positives about Jackson since the past AD left. However, I still think the community has been spoiled. Kind of like the fans of the Ohio State Buckeyes. After success it is tough to accept mediocracy. High expectations are good, but reality is where the fans and community must look. Also an important factor in not only Jackson, but also all other districts is to have an administration that backs your coaches and tells the parents to leave the coaches and team alone.

Ironman 92 and 02 only have concerns about the program. I don't see them trying to say everything is wrong and they know all. They are alumni that are worried. But they should be taking a proactive approach within the community and become a positive and not a negative.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

Regulator wrote:I mentioned in the other thread about why Jackson is not a "good" job. However, I think they are on the up swing. I have heard nothing but positives about Jackson since the past AD left. However, I still think the community has been spoiled. Kind of like the fans of the Ohio State Buckeyes. After success it is tough to accept mediocracy. High expectations are good, but reality is where the fans and community must look. Also an important factor in not only Jackson, but also all other districts is to have an administration that backs your coaches and tells the parents to leave the coaches and team alone.

Ironman 92 and 02 only have concerns about the program. I don't see them trying to say everything is wrong and they know all. They are alumni that are worried. But they should be taking a proactive approach within the community and become a positive and not a negative.

I couldn't agree more. :-D

ArmyCav
Waterboy

Post by ArmyCav »

hardhitter 11 ` wrote:I saw on another thread where Armycav said she is a woman. :shock:

I am not a woman. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :lol:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

ArmyCav??? Are you kidding me?

You couldn't be any more obvious than that.

Regulator,

I'm not really sure where I have been negative on this thread or the other one, but maybe I have. It's not my intent though. I try to stay positive about Jackson football. I have supported the players and the staff on here. I have commended Shane for the job he did and I have said that I hope Jackson finds a great replacement for him. I don't know what else I should be saying. I don't live in Jackson anymore, so it would be hard for me to take a proactive role within the community itself.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Ironman 02, Personally I think you are fine. I just think you and all Jackson people need to stay or start being positive and backing the district, the schools, and the teams more instead of saying this should happen or this should happen or whatever. When the schools and teams are backed positively by the community only good things happen.

BuckeyeCAV
Varsity

Post by BuckeyeCAV »

ironman02 wrote:ArmyCav??? Are you kidding me?

You couldn't be any more obvious than that.

Regulator,

I'm not really sure where I have been negative on this thread or the other one, but maybe I have. It's not my intent though. I try to stay positive about Jackson football. I have supported the players and the staff on here. I have commended Shane for the job he did and I have said that I hope Jackson finds a great replacement for him. I don't know what else I should be saying. I don't live in Jackson anymore, so it would be hard for me to take a proactive role within the community itself.

I almost spit my pop on the screen here laughing so hard. Now that was a good one.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Regulator wrote:Ironman 02, Personally I think you are fine. I just think you and all Jackson people need to stay or start being positive and backing the district, the schools, and the teams more instead of saying this should happen or this should happen or whatever. When the schools and teams are backed positively by the community only good things happen.

Ok. I can agree with that. Hopefully with some new faces involved in the administration and Bob Kight as the AD, things will get turned around. That seems to be happening already, so hopefully success in athletics will soon follow.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

BuckeyeCav,

Being negative to you is almost exclusively being positive about Jackson. Go create another username.

Return to “Football”