The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by Pavilion »

I would imagine that whoever they hire already has a job and they will be finishing out their contract at that school. If they hired someone tomorrow it is not like they are going to be in Jackson doing much before the end of the school year. Especially if it is someone that is not from around here. They are most likely under contract somewhere else until June. Only advantage to hiring quick would be so that the better candidates don't get hired somewhere else - as far as developing a relationship with the kids between now and June, not gonna happen when they are still working somewhere else.

Phil_Howard
Waterboy

Post by Phil_Howard »

Isn't a football the one that is round and white with black spots on it? Or is that soccer? I get those two confused!
Can't proceed until Bob Kight gets back from Nova Scotia.

Seriously, the field has been narrowed down to 5 or 6 candidates. Background and reference checks are being finalized. Interviews will take place soon.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Phil_Howard wrote:Isn't a football the one that is round and white with black spots on it? Or is that soccer? I get those two confused!

Seriously, the field has been narrowed down to 5 or 6 candidates. Background and reference checks are being finalized. Interviews will take place soon.

I personally think a Super of a district should not be worried or respond to what is being said on this site. JMO. But to each is their own.

I guess some will be thankful of the updates!!

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

I heard from someone who is in the know that they have already decided who is going to be hired. Apparently, they've already had discussions with this coach and he has already accepted the position. However, for a reason unknown to me, they are going to wait until June to officially hire the coach. The students and the community will not find out who the coach will be until June also. This all seems very puzzling to me. I just can't understand why they are doing this. I wonder if Bob Kight is behind it all.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

My first question would be, if they have already decided who they will hire, why interview other candidates? That doesn't seem like it would make sense at all.

If, and I say if, a coach has been selected, he might not be able to leave his current job until the end of the school year. Because of this, he would then start at Jackson in June. I would like to know who the coach is well before June, and it would be great for him to start to build a relationship with the kids, but maybe there are circumstances that make that impossible. That situation could apply to any coach that Jackson decides to hire.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

Regulator wrote:
Phil_Howard wrote:Isn't a football the one that is round and white with black spots on it? Or is that soccer? I get those two confused!

I personally think a Super of a district should not be worried or respond to what is being said on this site. JMO. But to each is their own.

If it truely is Howard, I agree. But, nothing suprises me out of JHS these days. Just look at the professionalism of our school board. Maybe Nova Scotia needs a Super? You don't think Bob would leave us do you??? I hope not, who would we get to lean on the gym wall with the rest of them during games????

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

I doubt that the Super is "worried " about what is on here. Probably just wanted to squelch a few rumors. Why would anyone NOT want someone who is in the know to come on here and provide some accurate information?

Redcoat, what is your deal with the Super? Did he expel your kid or something?

Mr. Howard, I hope you continue to give us updates, but I certainly wouldn't blame you if you didn't after getting blasted for doing so. Try to do a good deed and look what happens to you.

Potential JHS Head Coach, just think, these same people that are bashing the Super are the ones you will have to deal with!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

My Lord.

Geesh!

How dare the superintendEnt get on here and spew FACTS.

Thank those of you who actually have provided us with facts and not insane opinions that certainly don't belong on here.

Geesh again.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I agree I-92

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

redcoat wrote:
Regulator wrote:

If it truely is Howard, I agree. But, nothing suprises me out of JHS these days. Just look at the professionalism of our school board. Maybe Nova Scotia needs a Super? You don't think Bob would leave us do you??? I hope not, who would we get to lean on the gym wall with the rest of them during games????

coulda just made press release to area newpapers...

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

ironman02 wrote:My first question would be, if they have already decided who they will hire, why interview other candidates? That doesn't seem like it would make sense at all.

If, and I say if, a coach has been selected, he might not be able to leave his current job until the end of the school year. Because of this, he would then start at Jackson in June. I would like to know who the coach is well before June, and it would be great for him to start to build a relationship with the kids, but maybe there are circumstances that make that impossible. That situation could apply to any coach that Jackson decides to hire.

the guy could come in for a weekend or two.... maybe even make phone calls, send texts or emails to kids..... that would be something. wouldnt something be better than nothing in that situation?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I actually appreciate the ACCURATE information. There are many people who are curious about this hiring process, myself included. It's nice to get on here and get some real information, rather than reading rumors or complete lies. Not all of us live in Jackson and have access to those who are supposedly "in the know".

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

theassassin wrote:
ironman02 wrote:My first question would be, if they have already decided who they will hire, why interview other candidates? That doesn't seem like it would make sense at all.

the guy could come in for a weekend or two.... maybe even make phone calls, send texts or emails to kids..... that would be something. wouldnt something be better than nothing in that situation?

What if he's under contract and isn't allowed to do those types of things? I'm not against hiring a coach sooner than later. I'm just saying that there could be a valid reason for not hiring someone immediately. The administration is obviously trying to hire the best candidate for the job. They're taking their time and trying to get it right instead of getting a quick fix.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Wow the assassin is the guru, and knows all :)

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

ironman02 wrote:
theassassin wrote:

What if he's under contract and isn't allowed to do those types of things? I'm not against hiring a coach sooner than later. I'm just saying that there could be a valid reason for not hiring someone immediately. The administration is obviously trying to hire the best candidate for the job. They're taking their time and trying to get it right instead of getting a quick fix.

:122248 :122248
you meant he couldnt do what he wants on his own time? cant go out of town for the weekend? cant send text messg in the evenings?
maybe he has a large buyout in his contract and cant leave current positon until june..... yeah, that has to be it. :roll:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Pol Pot wrote:Wow the assassin is the guru, and knows all :)

maybe just a little common sense 8)

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I don't know why we're even talking about this because a coach hasn't secretly been hired. There hasn't even been a coach selected, so it would be impossible to start communicating with players.

Anyway, why would a guy who is potentially employed at another school at this time start associating himself with a different team on his own time? If he's presently a football coach, he's most likely still participating in his current school's off-season activities. Wouldn't it be a conflict of interest to start "coaching" another team when you're already employed by another school system where you're part of the football staff? I'm assuming that most of the guys interviewing for the job were previously football coaches.

I never stated that a coach would have some large buyout clause in his contract. But would it really make sense for someone employed at another school to start interacting with student athletes at Jackson? That's like a history teacher agreeing to a new job and calling up his students at his new school to start teaching them before he actually takes the job. You're the one talking about calling and texting football players like this is the college football recruiting process, but I'm ridiculous for saying that someone might have other obligations at this point in time? But again, this is completely irrelevant because a coach hasn't been hired yet.

If someone was actually hired by Jackson City Schools then I can understand communicating with players right now. But if you don't have the job, why would you be contacting the kids?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

someone posted above that it is a done deal, they already have their guy. it has to be fact because they had the info from a person that is in the know

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Ironmanfan01 wrote:I heard from someone who is in the know that they have already decided who is going to be hired. Apparently, they've already had discussions with this coach and he has already accepted the position. However, for a reason unknown to me, they are going to wait until June to officially hire the coach. The students and the community will not find out who the coach will be until June also. This all seems very puzzling to me. I just can't understand why they are doing this. I wonder if Bob Kight is behind it all.

here it is

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

So the fact that the superintendent posted on this thread and told us that they're still interviewing means nothing? I don't think you can be much more "in the know" than he is.

Return to “Football”