The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by Ironman92 »

You can't believe everything but I guarantee it is indeed Phil Howard posting.

Another fine example of the board member....a certain young lady I know just won the spelling bee tonight for the 3rd year in a row....she was congratulated by most of the audience including 4 board members and all attending administrators....now GUESS which board member did not personally congratulate her?

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

football coach anyone? 3 months till the end of school, at a football school :?:

keep up the good work (wall)

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Most everything has been explained.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

Pavilion wrote:It makes perfect sense to me why the Supt would come on here, especially after reading his last post. It's not like he was on here stirring up crap or shooting the bull. He was protecting the pool of candidates. Some coaches may have called and had their name removed from consideration rather than face being embarassed by not getting the job if they are convinced someone has already "unofficially " been hired. I for one am glad to see that he has the guts to come on here under his own name, and I think his reasoning makes good sense. Who knows how many coaches, principals, AD's, and other school administrators are on here under a hidden identity.

Remember, NO ONE can be HIRED without the recommendation of the Supt ( Jackson has been through that, with the fiasco a couple of years ago with the girls basketball coach). So, if someone has promised the job to someone, unless it was done by the Super himself ( he says it hasn't and there is no reason to not believe him) that person could not be hired without his recommendation. A vote can not even be taken by the board unless the Supt recommends the person. I hope it doesn't come down to that situation! Does this board have a better working relationship with Howard than the previous Supt.?

Hey! I'm pretty upset! I just got back from Nova Scotia and there's never been a Bob Kight sighting. If this is really Phil Howard posting and I was a school board member, it would end NOW! Who in there right mind as a Super would get on a gossip site and give out voluntary info about a school system and hiring of coaches???? Talk about running off candiates. Hey Phil, if it is you, do your homework on this one. After all, Mr. Kight and yourself were the same two that recommended the re-hiring of the boys basketball coach (2wins) last year before he was let go for undisclosed reasons and Larry Jordan fell into your lap. The girls have won what, twelve games in two years so far, weren't you in on that one as well??? The football program won't go as easy on you as the other programs if it doesn't win. I will say that Nova Scotia is a nice place to visit.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Wow! that is a pretty harsh post redcoat. I take it that you are not happy with some of the coaching decisions of late?!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

One school board member couldn't stop him.

He hasn't given up any confidential info.

He gets a lot of knocks for someone who is at EVERYTHING supporting the kids of ALL ages.

And where are the "wall holder uppers" supposed to be?

You want them on that wall
You need them on that wall
They have more responsibility than you could possibly fathom.
They are saving lives and protecting so you can sleep in peace

OK.....I'm forgetting how that goes.

Jackson administrators and athletic directors have been on the wall of ball games since I can remember back to the days of Pat Stevens and Vince Wolford. I don't know where they are supposed to be.

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

redcoat,
Nothing wrong with the Super coming on here and squelching rumors. Sounds like you are upset because he contradicted some of your earlier posts - that, and he obviously must have expelled your kid from school or something. I bet that's it isn't it? Or is it simply because he exposed you as a liar!

He could have done what a lot of the other administrators do and that is request to have the thread shut down and none of us would be on here discussing this.

I have a great idea! Why don't you apply for the football job and the girls basketball job and do them both? Or how about A.D. and then you can evaluate the coaches and hire and fire people.

Actually the boys won 3 games last year and Jordan could end up with only 4 wins this year. I suppose you want him to fire him too? Afterall he has only won one more game than last year's coach. Besides that, Jordan didn't fall in their lap. They went out and got him. Jordan even said in the paper that Jackson called him. He didn't apply initially.

Also, as I92 said, one member can't stop the Super from doing anything. Heck, the last Super proved that 2 and even 3 couldn't stop him part of the time.

Furthermore, the list of applicants are actually a matter of public record.

What do you want anyway? People didn't like the last Super because he didn't go to anything to support the kids and this guy attends everything and still gets beat up. You'd be unhappy if Jesus Christ were Supt and Moses were the A.D. If anything keeps us from attracting good coaches it is people like you. Who wants to come here and coach and deal with people like you?

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Jesus is good as the lord and saviour, but I will take Phil Howard over Jesus as School Superintendent anyday!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

actually i think redcoat does have some experience as an athletic director....... :122246

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Unless he has a meeting conflicting at the same time sporting events are going on, I know for a fact that Mr. Howard is at EVERYTHING athletic-wise in the Jackson City School District.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Pavilion nice post. I agree 100%

Like I said earlier Jackson= Dysfunctional community. Anyone taking this job better wear an armoured shirt because there will be many knifes thrown in their back. People have the guts to blast people on here but never have to guts to talk people to their face.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

ocho stinko wrote:Pavilion nice post. I agree 100%

Like I said earlier Jackson= Dysfunctional community. Anyone taking this job better wear an armoured shirt because there will be many knifes thrown in their back. People have the guts to blast people on here but never have to guts to talk people to their face.

It is like that everywhere!!

jiveturkey
Freshman Team

Post by jiveturkey »

I like it that the Super has gone out of his way to protect his pool of candidates. Not many administrators even know about the baloney on this site or would care to comment in an effort to reassure candidates. I dont know who Jackson will get. I dont even know why anyone would apply given the kind of crap they will endure from the community but that super would be a good guy to work for IMO...

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

I know this is my first post on this subject, and I'm getting sick and tired of people running down the community of jackson. what other community would give their football program and baseball programs new fields to play on. I mean the football field is the best in southern ohio and forgive us if we want to put a winning team on the field every friday, and we will do what it takes to do that. 2008 was the worst season in forever. so there had to be some changes made. and now there are people on here trying to sabbotage the hiring process by calling this community disfuntional, and that is coming from people who are themselves disfuntional. so Phil Howard and Bob Kight keep up the good work and the jackson football community supports you.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Unless he has a meeting conflicting at the same time sporting events are going on, I know for a fact that Mr. Howard is at EVERYTHING athletic-wise in the Jackson City School District.

You are in a high level position any "joe blow" can go and stand or sit at game and watch!! (by themselves) The kids/ parents should be able to go up and talk to any of the admn. right now I know of only two that some of the kids feel comfortable talking too. It's high school they will have plenty of time in life not to talk to a boss or be intimidated.

Hence the need for a coach to get in there ASAP and get a relationship with the kids!!

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

Pavilion wrote:redcoat,
Nothing wrong with the Super coming on here and squelching rumors. Sounds like you are upset because he contradicted some of your earlier posts - that, and he obviously must have expelled your kid from school or something. I bet that's it isn't it? Or is it simply because he exposed you as a liar!

He could have done what a lot of the other administrators do and that is request to have the thread shut down and none of us would be on here discussing this.

I have a great idea! Why don't you apply for the football job and the girls basketball job and do them both? Or how about A.D. and then you can evaluate the coaches and hire and fire people.

Actually the boys won 3 games last year and Jordan could end up with only 4 wins this year. I suppose you want him to fire him too? Afterall he has only won one more game than last year's coach. Besides that, Jordan didn't fall in their lap. They went out and got him. Jordan even said in the paper that Jackson called him. He didn't apply initially.

Also, as I92 said, one member can't stop the Super from doing anything. Heck, the last Super proved that 2 and even 3 couldn't stop him part of the time.

Furthermore, the list of applicants are actually a matter of public record.

What do you want anyway? People didn't like the last Super because he didn't go to anything to support the kids and this guy attends everything and still gets beat up. You'd be unhappy if Jesus Christ were Supt and Moses were the A.D. If anything keeps us from attracting good coaches it is people like you. Who wants to come here and coach and deal with people like you?

As I've stated, this gossip column is absolutely no place for a Super to be discussing our school district, on anything! I have to believe it's not him, he seems more professional than that. Assassin, be careful on the identiy thing! I'm not interested in coming out of retirement.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i knew you resigned for family reasons... didnt think you be ready to come back yet... enjoy the retirement.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Irish 08-
You have poor reading comprehension skills. First if you have read many of my posts I am very supported of all coaches. I think Mr. Kight is great and mr. Howard is doing a very good job. However, the community is VERY DISFUNCTIONAL. Look at the school board meetings. Look at how the football fans act during games.I brought my four year-old to a high school game and all I heard was the F word and other profanities yelled at the coach and to our own players. I moved my four year old to the stands same profanity. Never knew our fans were so smart in football, but have such poor vocabulary skill. Nice facilities dont mean jack squat when the community is full of backstabbers. Things don't change my kid wont be coming to this school district. He probably wont be a great athlete but he will give his school high test scores. I have seen what is coming and dont know if we can beat wellston this year. I have never said this since the 80's. Almost forgot we also have genius basketball fans that know everything also. Our fans willnever give the new coach a chance period!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

One last thing.Whoever is the new coach remember this, the first parents to congratulate you will be the first to backstab you! Oh the old coach did not play my kid becuase of political reasons and the next thing you know the same kid is riding the pine with the new coach and all of the sudden the kid is not playing because of political reasons.

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

I hope the Super keeps coming on here to keep you honest redcoat! I don't blame you for not wanting him on here though because it makes it tougher for you to fabricate things. When is the expulsion of your kid over? Maybe then you will ease up on the guy!

I also agree that any Super or administrator can come and sit or stand at a game, but the fact is a lot of them don't. At least not on a regular basis. Some credit has to be given for that! They could be sitting at home during games and activities!

ocho is right on track. People like you won't give the new coach a chance anyway!
Last edited by Pavilion on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”