SEOPS Hippo

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by Ironman92 »

Told ya.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Let me guess the board members you talked to: the lady that makes insane comments an her puppet. She will be gone soon. Heard of a couple of candidates running this time, things good be getting better.

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

Thanks for not doing like a lot of administrators and just getting the thread shut down.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Phil_Howard wrote:Contrary to the opinion of a few individuals I will continue to post if and when I feel the need to dismiss a rumor that could have a negative impact on our school or programs.

Wow!!! Really? This site is that important!!

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

Pavilion wrote:redcoat, get a third or fourth board member and maybe they can take a vote on it and make it board policy. Until then he can post all he wants.

Don't they have computers in Washington?

Thanks for the idea, I'll work on that.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

theassassin wrote:ooooooooooooooooohhhhh son

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOSON OF aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

irish08
Riding the Bench

Post by irish08 »

Mr. Phil Howard, could you please put another rumor to rest? Is Jackson looking to leave the SEOAL? if so that would be Ok with some of the jackson fans but please do not let us downgrade to the TVC. That IMO would be a very bad move, because there is no competition for us in that leauge. look at the SOC a little harder that would be a better fit for Jackson.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Why in the world would anyone in the SOC want Jackson in it.
:oops:

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

If Jackson got into the SOC they would have to let other large schools in and make 3 divisions. Would the old timers allow this to occur?

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

irish08 wrote:Mr. Phil Howard, could you please put another rumor to rest? Is Jackson looking to leave the SEOAL? if so that would be Ok with some of the jackson fans but please do not let us downgrade to the TVC. That IMO would be a very bad move, because there is no competition for us in that leauge. look at the SOC a little harder that would be a better fit for Jackson.

I think Nelsonville-York is consistent competetion, especially in football. The TVC is just as strong as your beloved SEOAL that is completely falling apart. I say good riddance to the SEOAL!

Duckhook
Waterboy

Post by Duckhook »

I'm not sure that the TVC is just as strong as the seoal but I will say the TVC is improving. Athens, Wellston both impressed this past year. Also Meigs and Nelsonville making the payoff should say something about our league.

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

What I don't understand is how is going to a league full of D 4 and 5 schools going to help Jackson be a better team/ program?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

buckeyes3645 wrote:What I don't understand is how is going to a league full of D 4 and 5 schools going to help Jackson be a better team/ program?

It's not. I'm not trying to disrespect the TVC, but the SEOAL is a much stronger football league. The other sports are a lot closer, but I still like the SEOAL better. Nelsonville has always had a good football program and I'm sure they would win their fair share of games against Jackson, but the Ironmen have dominated Wellston and Vinton County consistently. Historically, they have dominated Nelsonville also, but the Buckeyes' program has changed a lot since those days. Winning a bunch of regular season games is nice, but I'd like to see Jackson doing more than that.

Boomhauer
Waterboy

Post by Boomhauer »

buckeyes3645 wrote:What I don't understand is how is going to a league full of D 4 and 5 schools going to help Jackson be a better team/ program?

Thats why it will split into 3 div. Jackson would be in with schools their own size. The SEOAL is done. Teams are trying to get into a league before its trying to schedule 9 non league games. You think you travel now. You will be going all over the state in weeks 7 through 10 to play teams. Your administration must have already made the choice because they are making the push to get in the TVC right now. We have the ohio river div, the hocking river div. and now it looks like the racoon creek div. :lol:

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

What schools are going to be in the same league as Jackson?

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

Also, if Jackson plays smaller division schools they are going to have a much harder time making the playoffs.

Boomhauer
Waterboy

Post by Boomhauer »

From what I hear it would be Jackson Vinton Athens and possible Warren. Another school of that size will also be added. Jackson will have the task of scheduling bigger schools for their non league games. They play VC and Wellston each year as it is now. All of their non league games now are teams that are 2 div. smaller than they are. The only school they defeated this past year that was their size was Marietta. The schools that they schedule for the non league games should be the schools they want to pull them through. They can get some cupcakes on their schedule or some teams they know will win 7 or 8 games each year. Even smaller schools that will have 7 wins would be nice to have on their schedule but they have to win those games.

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

Boomhauer wrote:From what I hear it would be Jackson Vinton Athens and possible Warren. Another school of that size will also be added. Jackson will have the task of scheduling bigger schools for their non league games. They play VC and Wellston each year as it is now. All of their non league games now are teams that are 2 div. smaller than they are. The only school they defeated this past year that was their size was Marietta. The schools that they schedule for the non league games should be the schools they want to pull them through. They can get some cupcakes on their schedule or some teams they know will win 7 or 8 games each year. Even smaller schools that will have 7 wins would be nice to have on their schedule but they have to win those games.

I hear Jackson, VC, Athens, Gallia and Meigs.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

seoal and tvc no comparison sorry.
if you think Athens and Wellston were impressive Jackson has beat Wellston 18 years in a row, with the past few years being a murdering score.
Athens has barely came within 50 to Jackson the past few years also.
And Jackson was not even one of the top 3 teams in the leage the past few years...

Return to “Football”