The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

boilermaker
SE

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by boilermaker »

I agree no comparision, The SEOAL has alot bigger schools in it than the TVC.Go ahead though if you like bash the kids of the little league they dont count for anything in this life. :oops:
I got on this thread to see if any new info was on here concerning Jacksons new coach. I am disappointed that it has turned into what it has.
Every team is differrent ,but they are all young men trying to do their best .I think some adult (including me at times in the past ) forget this.
I know of several kidt that are now men playing for area schools such as Jackson Vinton,Wellston Meigs N-Y ,Gallia,and Oak Hill that have gone on to fight for this country overseas side by side .It doesnt matter what league they were in or how good their team was they just go on with life.

Good Luck to the New coach hope to hear some real news on this subject soon. :idea:

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Blizzardman. We will see if Nelsonville votes Jackson in. I bet they dont! I also bet they vote no because of football.

We should not disrepsect the TVC . Again most have new facilities now, and I think the travel would be better, and I think the gates would be better. I dont think it would be a bad deal at all. Especially since the SEOAL is falling apart and there is no way the SOC will let us in.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I love Jackson, but the next several of years we could easily lose to Wellston and Vinton County so I would not talk down to them to much. Need to get a coach and get the offseason going fast.

Boomhauer
Waterboy

Post by Boomhauer »

I guess you dont see what I am saying. There is no comparison to the tvc and the seoal. What I am saying is in a couple of years there is NO seoal. Nelsonville would not mind Jackson in I wouldnt think. They would not be in the same div. NY would be in the middle div. I dont know a lot about NY but I know in football they have done ok with Jackson. Now back in the 50's when they were the greyhounds it may have been different but I dont think it would be NY to vote them out. Does anyone know when NY and Jackson last played in football? I think they played in the 90's. How did that turn out? Jackson was pretty good then If I remember right. I really think the seoal is a good fit for Jackson but it is breaking up... They will have to try and go somewhere.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

not saying nelsonville couldn't compete with us, especially in the next several of years. Just saying I bet they dont vote us in.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

since we now talking bout leagues i think chilli, gallia, jack, ironton and ports should form a new league. with the mass exit from seoal that is happening these schools need to look out for themselves. this would be 5 team league but they could possibly entice a 6th team to join with them.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Sounds like the SEOAL is going to be on life support pretty soon. My question is where does Logan, and Chilli stand in this potential mess?

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

Just found out that Coach Mays was not offered the jackson job. They said that they want someone with more head coaching experience. I would expect an announcement in the next few days about who the new coach is. I think Jackson missed the boat on this one.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

buckeyes3645 wrote:Just found out that Coach Mays was not offered the jackson job. They said that they want someone with more head coaching experience. I would expect an announcement in the next few days about who the new coach is. I think Jackson missed the boat on this one.

I can understand Jackson wanting a coach with a little more experience. Coach Mays does sound as though he is very qualified and should have a great career as a football coach. I wish him the best of luck in the future...would have liked to have seen what he can do.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How does one gain that experience?

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

buckeyes3645 wrote:Just found out that Coach Mays was not offered the jackson job. They said that they want someone with more head coaching experience. I would expect an announcement in the next few days about who the new coach is. I think Jackson missed the boat on this one.

Is this true or is it just more rumors? Seems like most of the info on here is just rumors and there is no truth to anything.

Jeff Spicoli
Waterboy

Post by Jeff Spicoli »

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! I Just found Out dat Dart malone Will be The new Coach! Whooooooooooooooa man! PArty on Ironmen!

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

No rumor. He interviewed yesterday and received a call this morning from the AD. It's down to four now I guess.

Jacksonite
Waterboy

Post by Jacksonite »

Hey Ironman92,

What is the latest with the football coaching position through your eyes? I haven't seen many posts since interviews started. I saw one being given a tour by Tom Jenkins the other evening, wow, that was a surprise. I was anticipating the AD, Super, or HS Princ. to be showing the new coaches the facility. Disappointed to hear that looking for more head coaching experience, according to an earlier post. I'm sure everyone started their first head coaching job without head coaching experience. Someone chose to overlook that and had faith in other aspects they saw. We need a coach that can get the kids back onto the field. A school of our size should have more players than we have on the field. We need to start with a new attitude. What are your thoughts on the process. Hey, maybe we can talk at the girls tournament game tonight. :122249 Hope to speak with you about it then.

Go Ironmen
Last edited by Jacksonite on Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff Spicoli
Waterboy

Post by Jeff Spicoli »

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! Tom and dart Are Like tight Man!

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

When does the board hope to make a decision and are there any definite teaching positions opening due to retirement, etc.? Best of luck to the Ironmen and their new coach.

buckeyes3645
Waterboy

Post by buckeyes3645 »

The word from the Super intendent was that they would have two English positions but would probably not fill both. I don't know what other positions will be open. He also said that they wouldn't create a position for the new coach.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Why would they bring in (interview) an assistant if they wanted head coaching experience?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

That is a good question.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hey buckeye....were you with Coach Mays during the early portion of the games Tuesday in Jackson?

Jacksonite.....we'll see about any discussion. I'm still offended that 1/2 of your posts are a llittle hard on me.

Return to “Football”