The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

ocho stinko
JV Team

Re: The Official "Who's Next at Jackson Thread"

Post by ocho stinko »

DOWENS,
I dont think they want us for two reasons one is the size of our school. The second is I think they feel Jackson would be a longer trip for them than most schools. Why would a league add a much bigger school and longer trips? I just think TVC would be a much better fit thats all.

Do you even think the SOC will let Portsmouth in?

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

Do you even think the SOC will let Portsmouth in?

I don't know. Personally, I wouldn't care if Portsmouth AND Jackson were both admitted to the league. We (Waverly) play Jackson every year and we've played Portsmouth many times over the years. I enjoy competing against both teams. I like and respect both coaching staffs. Many of the SOC2 teams already play Portsmouth or have recently played them.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

24 hrs between posts???? loss of interest? :)

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

If the SOC would go to that 3 division format, it would be a great benefit for several schools. Big division: Wheelersburg, Jackson, Gallia, Portsmouth, Ironton, Waverly. Great league!! Second division: Valley, Minford, Northwest, West, Oak Hill, small school division would stay the same. Win, Win for everyone involved. Short bus rides, big gates, strong rivals, what more would you want out of a league?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

oby1conoby wrote:If the SOC would go to that 3 division format, it would be a great benefit for several schools. Big division: Wheelersburg, Jackson, Gallia, Portsmouth, Ironton, Waverly. Great league!! Second division: Valley, Minford, Northwest, West, Oak Hill, small school division would stay the same. Win, Win for everyone involved. Short bus rides, big gates, strong rivals, what more would you want out of a league?

The only problem with that is Northwest is one of the bigger schools of all the teams. Also Valley is bigger then Ironton I believe. Are we setting the league to be teams that can compete with one another? Or size? Either way I don't see this league happening anytime soon!

kuruguru
Waterboy

Post by kuruguru »

Viddy well, me brothers; viddy well.

Every day they wait to get a new coach is a tolchock to the gulliver of our football future.

Drawing the process out only makes our progam a vonny pile of cal.

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

From what I understand the wait is over. A new coach has been selected. It just hasn't been made public because the new guy/gal won't be officially hired until the next board meeting. There are at least 7 committee people who know who it is in addition to person him/herself - unfortunately I am not one of them. I know the committee had agreed on a candidate and that the person was offered the job because several of the committee people told me that. I am assuming the person accepted because there doesn't appear to be any more interviewing going on. I figure the new guy must not be from around here or else we would all know who it is by now. Someone must have seriously threatened the committee because you can't get anything out of any of them. I have talked to about 3 of them and get the same story I listed above from all.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

This is probably a good thing though. The new coach can't really do anything or meet anyone until it is official anyway. Good luck to whoever gets it!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

If they tell you, you will have to sleep with the fishes :lol: :lol:

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

theassassin wrote:24 hrs between posts???? loss of interest? :)

ZZZZZZZZ! ZZZZZZZZZZZ! zzzzzzzzz!......Did you say something????

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

just thought everyone had lost intrest in the topic......... couldnt believe so much time had passed between posts

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

It's official - Superintendent Phil Howard is going to coach the Ironmen to glory!

Football isn't that much different than basketball is it? :lol: :lol:

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

Yes, the wait is over and unlike Pavilion, I do know who it is. However, due to certain posters acting childish, I am not going to reveal it on this website right now. Although, I will say it is a good choice.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

uh oh......... there is a leak

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

Ironmanfan01

You are like the little boy who cried wolf! Who could believe you anyway? You have started at least 3 or 4 different rumors on this one thread. The statement that you know who is going to be hired is probably just another lie from you to try to stir up more crap.

Ironmanfan01
Waterboy

Post by Ironmanfan01 »

Pavilion wrote:Ironmanfan01

You are like the little boy who cried wolf! Who could believe you anyway? You have started at least 3 or 4 different rumors on this one thread. The statement that you know who is going to be hired is probably just another lie from you to try to stir up more crap.

I'll prove it to you then. When the coach is hired I'll let everyone know if it was who I heard it was.

JacksonI
Freshman Team

Post by JacksonI »

Ok Jackson is going to get a head coach, whenever they do. One of the first things the new coach needs to do is get used to the community & come meet the kids. The seniors that Jackson has this year are very respectful and im sure they'll treat him with open arms. So i guess im just like everyone else patiently waiting.

redcoat
Riding the Bench

Post by redcoat »

theassassin wrote:uh oh......... there is a leak

And the winner is: Andy Hall..... son of Larry Hall who coached at the Burg a few years back and I think is the head coach at Portsmouth East now. Was at one time at Northwest. My sources tell me, Andy is an assistant there and teaches english. This makes sense, considering Jackson has an english position opening up at the end of the year. From what I hear, he is a good choice. I would agree.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Any head coaching experience?

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Last I heard Andy Hall was a history teacher at Valley High School, I saw where is was an assistant coach for his father at East High School this past season.

Return to “Football”