Best All-Time Coach in Gallia County

GAHS7462
All Conference

Re: Best All-Time Coach in Gallia County

Post by GAHS7462 »

mtswngrvsg wrote:Coach Triplett's records at River Valley were 3-7, 3-7, 4-5. The 6-4 at River Valleys was by Greg Deel in his second year after going 5-5 his first year as head coach.

The most underrated coach was Mel Coen at Kyger Creek. Some other names that need to come up are Johnny Ericker and Buddy Moore from Gallia Academy. Was Chuck Stobert and assistant at Gallia Academy at one time. Did he not go on to be an Assistant Coach at Michigan, USC just to name a few big time programs?

There was a Coach Wagner(no first name in my yearbook)at Gallia Academy who I think went on to be head football coach at The Unv.of Hawaii.

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Bob wagner was at gahs when i was in the 7th grade.He stayed one year and left.Later he was the head coach at hawaii. I beleive he went to collage with coach Osbourne.Chuck Stobart was also at OSU.

brutus161
Waterboy

Post by brutus161 »

Coach Saunders was a great coach and is a great man.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

blaze275 wrote:Bob wagner was at gahs when i was in the 7th grade.He stayed one year and left.Later he was the head coach at hawaii. I beleive he went to collage with coach Osbourne.Chuck Stobart was also at OSU.

Now that I think of it. I believe OZ and Wagner did go to school together.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Wagner was are track coach all i can remember was 380 's !!!

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Yea bb ball I remember you running the 100 yard dash. You were pretty fast in your younger days!

Return to “Football”