OVC 2009

Who Wins?

Total votes: 0

catch22
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC '09

Post by catch22 »

evryone seems to think Fairland wont be any good but we all know if they can fill in the loss on the line, they will be fine. the backfeild and receiving end of it will be better than most in the conference. love to be the underdog in any game. DONT OVER LOOK THE DRAGONS...............SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!!

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

bucksfan76 wrote:
jl724 wrote:
bucksfan76 wrote:south point loses a very talented senior class that won the ovc 3 years in a row.BUt as four in a row i just dont see it/ my prediction will prolly be coal grove

sp would have that 3rd title if it wasnt for my dragons blowin out the grove. lol

and sp won the fairland game on a horrible call when a punt was downed by eric salyers ive seen it on film a few times and then a sp player runs by n picks it up and runs it to the 2 yard line.
and the referee that made the horrible call even apologized to coach snyder after seeing it on film.

jl724 that one play did not lose your dragons that ball game get over it. YOU LOST your bickering is not going to change the outcome

actually it led to a score and they did only beat the dragons by 4.
but ohh well.
sp wouldnt even have a share of it if it werent for them dragons putting a thumpin on the grove lol.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

speed does kill.
and fairland will easily have the two fastest players in the ovc in bloomfield and fisher.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

jl724 wrote:speed does kill.
and fairland will easily have the two fastest players in the ovc in bloomfield and fisher.

That's a false statement.....

Haynes from CG is faster than both if you want to compare track times....

catch22 wrote:evryone seems to think Fairland wont be any good but we all know if they can fill in the loss on the line, they will be fine. the backfeild and receiving end of it will be better than most in the conference. love to be the underdog in any game. DONT OVER LOOK THE DRAGONS...............SPEED KILLS!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a pretty big "if"..... They should have a pretty good backfield, right up there with CG's, but they'll be missing the big guy who gave the line a big hand by wearing out D-lines. Of course they will have a better passing attack than most teams in the OVC: they throw more than other teams in the OVC.... but they'll also be without a 4-year starting QB, no matter who it might be.
Ask Rock Hill how frustrating it can be breaking in a new QB even if he has a big future. Heck, go talk to River Valley about how great it is to have a veteran QB who can make plays, but has a poor line to back him up.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

Fisher is the qb.
and he may even be better than hatfield at the qb.
and hes certainly much faster and theyll be just as dangerous.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

if oakie is the fastest player then he sure didnt show it tryin to catch one of the slower back fairland had in cornwell last year lol.

try again

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

sp would have that 3rd title if it wasnt for my dragons blowin out the grove. lol

and sp won the fairland game on a horrible call when a punt was downed by eric salyers ive seen it on film a few times and then a sp player runs by n picks it up and runs it to the 2 yard line.
and the referee that made the horrible call even apologized to coach snyder after seeing it on film.[/quote]

jl724 that one play did not lose your dragons that ball game get over it. YOU LOST your bickering is not going to change the outcome[/quote]

actually it led to a score and they did only beat the dragons by 4.
but ohh well.
sp wouldnt even have a share of it if it werent for them dragons putting a thumpin on the grove lol.[/quote]

The only thing that lost fairland the game was their defence.BTW the game was only won by four because fairland scored a last second touchdown and south point already new the game was over so they did not care if cornwell scored or not.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

guys, shut up

that was 08' . . . . . .and every single team in the OVC was pretty much an embarrassment, SP was an average team. . . thats why they won it. . .

lets move on to 09' and hope to see something competent from us. .

anyways, why was rock hill so bad this past year. . . are they going to be a decent team or another year out from being good

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

jl724 wrote:Fisher is the qb.

He might be a good athlete, but Hatfield was a good quaterback and a 4 year starter, he will be hard to replace.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Hatfield was only a 3 year starter at Qb. Fisher will be more of a threat than he was running the ball. I expect him to make a lot of plays with his legs and I think he will run it a little bit more than trying to force it into coverage. If they find a middle linebacker their D will be alright. I would take Boomer over Oakie on the football field with out a doubt. Oakie is a heck of a player but Boomer is quicker and has unreal moves.CG should be the favorite going into the season but a lot of things can happen before league play.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

jl724 wrote:if oakie is the fastest player then he sure didnt show it tryin to catch one of the slower back fairland had in cornwell last year lol.

try again

Are you hinting that Cornwell could beat Haynes in a foot race? If so, I'll bet my entire life savings on Haynes - the OVC Champ in the 100 meter dash.

jl724 wrote:Fisher is the qb.

Try making posts with some substance in them.... use true premises to back up your true, valid, and sound conclusion.
Don't waste my time with hear-say...
You're pretty much saying, "Fisher is going to be a good QB because he's pretty fast and I said so".

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

bucking red wrote:Hatfield was only a 3 year starter at Qb. Fisher will be more of a threat than he was running the ball. I expect him to make a lot of plays with his legs and I think he will run it a little bit more than trying to force it into coverage. If they find a middle linebacker their D will be alright. I would take Boomer over Oakie on the football field with out a doubt. Oakie is a heck of a player but Boomer is quicker and has unreal moves.CG should be the favorite going into the season but a lot of things can happen before league play.

My wrong, I knew it was 3 or 4 he was there forever, and as far as being a running qb I always felt when we planned against him that was the way he would hurt us the most, with his legs. The Fisher boy might be better, but we'll see week 1. Bloomfield might be the most talented back in the Ovc next year, but I don't know if he will have a line.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

fairland wins this game without that terrible call. that punt was downed and the referree is even seen on film blowing his whistle and throwing his hands up in the air. fairlands players didnt even move because they knew the play was over.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I would have to say the Panthers will win this league ,they are due .

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Hey Fuzzhead, if RV had such a poor line to back him up, how to you explain the stats that he threw for this past season? I don't recall sacks being a very high number. I will agree he had several yards rushing also, but the majority of those came from not settling in the pocket, and pushing it to soon.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

balla4life wrote:fairland wins this game without that terrible call. that punt was downed and the referree is even seen on film blowing his whistle and throwing his hands up in the air. fairlands players didnt even move because they knew the play was over.

Now how do you know that fairland would have won that game if it was downed there lol cause you dont and plus how to you know that fairland would have got a stop since they basically got ran all over the entire game.Please prove this to me lol cant wait to hear this explanation

HighSchoolFootballFan
Waterboy

Post by HighSchoolFootballFan »

Now how do you know that fairland would have won that game if it was downed there lol cause you dont and plus how to you know that fairland would have got a stop since they basically got ran all over the entire game.Please prove this to me lol cant wait to hear this explanation

WHO CARES??? OVC 09'??? Feel free to discuss the topic at any time...

RVfan, sounds to me like you were either on the o-line or the QB himself... Maybe not... But... What, in your opinion, is the reason for the lack of success at RV?

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

RVFAN wrote:Hey Fuzzhead, if RV had such a poor line to back him up, how to you explain the stats that he threw for this past season? I don't recall sacks being a very high number. I will agree he had several yards rushing also, but the majority of those came from not settling in the pocket, and pushing it to soon.

Their rushing attack (or lack thereof) was a testament to how poor their line was... If you were at the CG/RV game this past year, you'd have seen first hand how poor it was in that dismal game.... still have a bad taste in my mouth from that one.

OVCfan32
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan32 »

I think we should just give all the titles to fairland. . . .you know cause speed kills. . .and they are just way too fast for anyone in ohio to compete with. . i mean use the reciprocal of their record and thats how good they've really been the past 5 years

haha who cares is fisher is better than hatfield . . . . .lets just see a "good" quarterback.. . . or even a team on par with the norm.

duke
Riding the Bench

Post by duke »

Sider,
Hatfield was a four year starter. He was a receiver his freshman year when Staggs was qb and started all 4 on defense.

Next year: Should be interesting. I think Coal Grove will be strong. Rock Hill may improve enough to make some noise, good qb/receiver combo in place there. I think River Valley's qb graduated, didn't he? Don't know if they have anyone in line to replace him but have some big guys on their line. Think Chesapeake will be down again. Fairland starting over again with another new coach but probably with someone from last year's staff so may have some continuity there. Fisher has experience at qb and Bloomfield has talent. South Pt. losing a lot this year, too. Up for grabs.

Return to “Football”